Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Minecraft with AUF

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) Rob_Cliffeild's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA
    Steam: Rob_Cliffeild

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    is there any easy way to clean up trees ?
    like harvest the wood and you end up with floating foliage, i built ramps up to annoying ones near my house and hoed them to nothing, but there must be an easier way.
    fire ? not tried it yet.
    As per LT harvest all wood that links any piece of leave even if it's another tree.

But in short use fire!

Especially near your brand new wood house
    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    OMG, GPS Russia is the best! My favourite is still N 59 56' 19.9062", E 30 18' 41.601", that video went off!
    Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--
    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    make sure you click that link that Rob posted above, it explains what you need to do.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    is there any easy way to clean up trees ?
    like harvest the wood and you end up with floating foliage, i built ramps up to annoying ones near my house and hoed them to nothing, but there must be an easier way.
    fire ? not tried it yet.
    Fire is always the answer...

I did that on my first play of MC, years ago in my mates online world. Burned his city to the ground. He was very pissed off.
    As mentioned, if the wood is removed, the foliage will eventually disappear.

I was borrowing this off my cousin last night. How frustrating... I made an awesome treehouse in the jungle, but had a tendency to fall out a lot. And with no sheep spawning in the forest, I was screwed to make a bed. Thank god the draw distance is ages, or id never find my home again. I'll post pictures of it when I get the game for myself. Huge ideas for my home

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post
    GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

I think if you farm Birch? trees, they're easier to farm i think.

just straight trunk and easier to chop

oak create more problems

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Default Minecraft with AUF

If you are looking to farm tonnes of wood, jungle trees are nice and tall, sometimes 4 blocks fat. My current build is in a massive forest with all these trees. They all seem to grow vines which make climbing to the top very easy, in turn reducing deforestation time. But I'm not really sure if those vines are related to the jungle trees themselves, or to the forest biome.
    Birch is good, but personally I think that the wood is hideous

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

I'll be on my own world in 10 minutes on PS4. Send me a message if you want to join. I'll be broadcasting too if you want to look out for that

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Well i decided to give the last of us a break after watching some minecraft vids on youtube. My goal was to saddle and armour a horse. Didn't have any hay so built a quick field and decided to mine while i wait. . . . 3hrs later totally forgot about the horse because i had found an underground mine already build. Spooky as hell and confusing trying not to get lost haha

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Haha 30 minutes always turns into 3 hours on mc.
    I grabbed the mass effect pack the other week. Have been looking for a good seed to build an alien sort of space station..love the soundtrack also

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by skruff View Post
    Haha 30 minutes always turns into 3 hours on mc.
    I grabbed the mass effect pack the other week. Have been looking for a good seed to build an alien sort of space station..love the soundtrack also
    I forgot how time flys in minecraft haha, i was thinking of getting a new texture to kinda make it not look as blocky :/ if thats possible haha like the blocks look more natural. When you buy say the mass effect pack do you need to build everything all over?

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

I mainly use the natural texture pack. Makes everything a little softer looking. You can change texture packs before you load your save. Skyrim one is nice too.
    They come with a demo world so you can check them out first. But you can't save it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Ahhh cool awesome il try invest in a texture pack.

Made my first attempt going into the nether on the weekend first time trying since getting the game, walked through not knowing what to expect and i get blasted by a ghast? I think they called and then everything around the portal was on fire. I died acouple more times before being able to look around alittle and started a home base.
    Any handy tips for this part will be much appreciated

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Needed a break from the witcher 3 so jumped on this.
    Tried my first mob trap did the 10x10 block above my house, doesnt work the best maybe because its above me XD kinda hoped to get it to funnel all the loot into a chest inside my base. My roof has holes in it so mobs fall in n screw stuff up lol need to patch it up or might start fresh again.

Any mob trap tips?

Also how can i spawn villagers?

Is there a specific way to make a mob trap? Like does it just need to be a dark hole space for them to spawn? Do they spawn on water? Any other info would b awesome

Thanks everyone

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) RayTraced's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    RayTraced

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Also how can i spawn villagers?
    You need to get yourself an apple get 8 gold nuggets incrust them nuggets around your apple and then you got yourself a golden apple. You take this apple and feed it to a zombie villager that randomly spawns amongst the other mobs. You don't just feed it to the zombie villager willy nilly though, it needs to be under the effects of weakness. How do I get a zombie villager under the effects of weakness I hear you say?? you brew a potion of it of course! How do I make that I then hear you ask! stop asking questions then Ill tell you! You make a brewing stand of course!!

How do I make.... aw god!! look just go to this link!! ------>> http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Brewing_Stand

In all seriousness though, going to the minecraft wiki gives you heaps of information on everything in the game. If you ever have a question, might be a good idea to check it out

Just a note. its much easier just finding a village. Villages only spawn in grassland, desert and Savanna biomes. If your lucky.
    Last edited by RayTraced; 03-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by RayTraced View Post
    You need to get yourself an apple get 8 gold nuggets incrust them nuggets around your apple and then you got yourself a golden apple. You take this apple and feed it to a zombie villager that randomly spawns amongst the other mobs. You don't just feed it to the zombie villager willy nilly though, it needs to be under the effects of weakness. How do I get a zombie villager under the effects of weakness I hear you say?? you brew a potion of it of course! How do I make that I then hear you ask! stop asking questions then Ill tell you! You make a brewing stand of course!!

How do I make.... aw god!! look just go to this link!! ------>> http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Brewing_Stand

In all seriousness though, going to the minecraft wiki gives you heaps of information on everything in the game. If you ever have a question, might be a good idea to check it out

Just a note. its much easier just finding a village. Villages only spawn in grassland, desert and Savanna biomes. If your lucky.
    Ahhh cheers XD made me laugh as im reading it im like but how do i do that? Boom answers haha.
    Was hoping for some quick tips reading all that info takes to long, but i shall browse over some. On ps4 if that changes anything?

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

theres villages ?

i need to get out more.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Well after a long couple of days finding my way home after getting lost in an old mineshaft, i build a sky mob trap! yup at the top of the freaken map XD
    It was tricky and with no falls thank god. Tested it out built just like the youtuber skippy6gaming but added that 1 bit extra, dropped it another 5 blocks to kill the mobs when im feeling lazy with hoppers ontop to feed all the goodies and junk into some double chests. Will b adding sticky pistons higher up to make the floor so they don't die when i need exp.
    Now just need to build some type of elevator up there.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Another error code which has now made my world unplayable cant walk more then 15blocks away from this sand temple without it crashing.
    Starting new againnnn sighhhh

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk