Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (thread #2)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS3 | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (thread #2)

Continued from our first thread, which was locked due to size (more than 9,000 posts).

Australian Release Date: March 11, 2010.

AUF BFBC2 Player List

For the full list of AUF BFBC2 players, please see our leaderboard (click on any column heading to sort by that column):
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1008514
    Although we have a leaderboard, please don't think we're elitist in anyway. All skill levels welcome!

Would you like your name to appear on this list so that you can always squad up with other Aussie players who know what they're doing, and who realise that games like this should always be fun? You don't have to be good, just keen! Visit this link, joining AUF is quick and easy and we're always looking for new members:
    http://www.ausforces.com/showthread.php?t=4

The Official Information Sources

Official web site
    Official twitter feed
    My Soldier
    Battlefield Veteran web site

Other Cool Links

Battlefield Bad Ass (stats, strategy, weapons & vehicles info)
    Detailed weapon statistics
    GameReplays' Bad Company 2 Strategies
    How to unlock Veteran status
    BFBC2 signature generator
    Check player stats
    How to block non-Australian servers

Weapons & Gadgets

All classes
    Primary: M1A1 (Thompson SMG), 870MCS, S20K, SPAS12, USAS12, NS2000, M1 Garand, G3, M14 MOD 0 Enhanced
    Secondary: M9, M1911, MP443, MP412, TRCR-4 (Tracer Dart), M93R,
    Perk 1: Increased Sprint Speed, Double Ammo, Double Explosives/Rockets, Double Grenades/Underbarrel Ammo, Higher Accuracy Sabot Rounds (Shotguns)
    Perk 2: Ceramic Plating, Marksman Bullets, Explosive Damage Upgrade,, Increased Capacity (Shotguns)
    Vehicle Perk: Sensors, Armor, Stronger Ammo, Faster Reloads, Smokescreen, Optics Upgrade, Coaxial Gun
    Special: Knife, Grenade

Class: Assault
    Primary: AEK-971, XM8, F2000, AUG, AN94, M416, M16
    Gadget 1: Underbarrel Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Shotgun, *C4* (C4 Only when the M1A1 [all 'all kit' weapons?] or Shotguns are Primary)
    Gadget 2: Ammo Pack
    Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
    Perk 2: Grip

Class: Engineer
    Primary: 9A91, SCAR-L, XM8C, AKS74U, UZI, PP2000, UMP45
    Gadget 1: RPG-7, M2CG, M136, Anti-Tank Mines
    Gadget 2: Repair Tool
    Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
    Perk 2: Accurized Silencer

Class: Medic
    Primary: PKM, M249, QJY88, M60, XM8LMG, MG36, MG3
    Gadget 1: Defibrillator
    Gadget 2: Health Pack
    Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope, Health Pack Speed Upgrade
    Perk 2: Health Pack Range Upgrade, More Accurate Barrel

Class: Recon
    Primary: M24, QBY88, SV98, SVU, GOL, VSS, M95
    Gadget 1: Sensor Ball
    Gadget 2: C4, Mortar Strike
    Perk 1: 4x Scope, 12x Scope, ACOG
    Perk 2: Auto Spotter

Vehicles
    Land
    Air
    Sea

Game Modes

Conquest
    A 12 vs 12 game mode. This is the traditional Battlefield game type, which involves trying to capture and hold flags which are stationed at various places on the map. Normally, every time a player respawns, their team loses a ticket. If a team holds the majority of flags on the map at any one time however, then their opponents begin to lose tickets at a much faster rate. The first time to run out of tickets loses.

Rush
    A 12 vs 12 game mode. This is the game type introduced in the original Bad Company, Gold Rush, and has been renamed simply Rush. Instead of trying to capture/defend crates of gold, the objectives are now 'M-COM stations' (which still look suspiciously like crates). The attackers are trying to destroy all M-COM stations and have a limited number of tickets to use in the process, and the defenders are trying to prevent the M-COM stations being destroyed and have unlimited tickets. Two M-COM stations (Alpha and Bravo) are in play at any one time; if both are destroyed, then the action moves onto the next set of M-COM stations at a different location on the map. The exact number of total M-COM stations varies from map to map.

Squad Deathmatch
    A 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 game mode. Four individual teams of 4 players each fight each other to be the first to reach 50 kills as a team. This is played on a smaller subset of the usual maps, and features a single IFV stationed at the centre of the map while each team starts at the corners. Click here to see Squad Deathmatch in action.

Squad Rush
    A 4 vs 4 mode. A variant of the Rush game type, Squad Rush features only one squad for each team, and takes place in a much smaller subset of the usual maps that are devoid of vehicles and emphasise close quarters combat. This is a much more frantic style of game that will probably make MW2 players feel more at home. Click here to see Squad Rush mode in action.

Hardcore Option
    All four of the game modes listed above can be played as a Hardcore variant, which removes most HUD elements (e.g. no more cross hairs), increases the damage caused by weapons, decreases the amount of health that players have, and generally tries to present a more realistic version of actual combat.

Multiplayer Maps
    Click the map itself for larger version, click the map name for gameplay footage from that map, or click here for a screenshot of every map:

Panama Canal

Units in contact are being rotated out as a result of combat fatigue. Weeks of fighting have left the harbor in ruins and the surrounding area littered with destroyed equipment. Armored movement is hampered and deadly kill zones mare the ground. U.S Forces are staging an assault of the industrial port with the objective to seize, retain and exploit the area. Control of the canal will allow larger-scale Strategic Operations along the South West Pacific coast.

Valparaiso

The American capture of Valparaiso is the next phase in their strategic plan to repel Russian Forces from Chile. Any U.S. invasion will inevitably consist of a land assault through the outlying jungle areas and an amphibious landing of infantry and armored forces along the coast. The U.S objective is the Power Station on the outskirts of the city. If the installation can be captured and services cut off, the liberation of the city will inevitably follow suit.

Laguna Alta
    Several days ago a large Russian counter attack overran U.S. Camp "Christopher" and destroyed a supply train carrying vital equipment. U.S Forces are mustering to recapture the area. They are trying to establish a buffer zone near the woodlands so their Battle Group can move unimpeded across the bridge connecting the opposing high ground. Intelligence reports and Recon patrols have exposed a large number of Russian troops and IFVs that have reinforced the camp since the attack occurred.

Isla Inocentes (No footage yet):

U.S. Forces are desperate to open a supply route for an Armored Battle Group engaged in fighting further inland. A Russian Artillery base controls the area and counters any breakout actions launched. The base is well defended and has been successful in repelling previous attacks. Destruction of the base and control of the woodlands will allow U.S Amphibious Forces to land and open a second front, which is critical in their plan to liberate South America.

Atacama Desert

A Russian Naval Group is preparing a massive amphibious assault. Defending the shore are 3 U.S fortifications and a string of artillery defenses. Should the Russians establish a beachhead and overrun U.S. positions, they will be free to advance further inland. With weather deteriorating and sandstorms approaching, U.S. Command has consolidated all available forces to meet the Russian threat. As a result of the open ground, a large-scale armor battle supported by attack helicopters seems likely.

Arica Harbor

Following the results of the armor assault at Atacama, U.S Command insists on a similar action to capture the port of Arica. The assault group will launch a "break through" action directly at the Russian base. If the fight dictates, the Battle Group will cut directly through the town located on the axis of advance. Collateral damage is of no consequence. The Russian base must be destroyed in order to cross the desert and reach the port. Heavy casualties are expected on both sides.

Laguna Presa

The valley and surrounding mountains possess a strategic value in the battle for South America. Construction of the nearby Dam was halted when hostilities broke out, but its presence is still a significant factor. Airborne operations are limited but infantry assault supported by light armor vehicles is likely by both armies. U.S Forces are massing all available units to stage a defense and have wired the dam to prevent it from falling into Russian hands.

White Pass
    As the weather has cleared and snowfall relented, Russian Forces are massing for an assault on White Pass and the satellite relay station located there. The local town has not been attacked, but Russian units have probed defenses in the surrounding woods. The sector has strategic value to U.S Forces as it allows control of inland routes. Should the area fall into Russian hands, a line of advance will present itself directly to Nelson Bay.

Nelson Bay
    Winter has hit hard. The river has frozen allowing heavy equipment and personnel to operate throughout the sector. However, the extreme weather and surrounding woods make it unlikely that any assault will consist of heavy armor. Satellite reconnaissance indicates Russian Special Forces and airborne units have been pulled away from South America and are gathering on mass. A nighttime assault is eminent. Nelson Bay harbors an underground U.S submarine base that will be defended at all cost.

Port Valdez

Russian Forces are posed to attack the harbor in an attempt to seize the Trans Alaskan Pipeline. Without regard to arctic conditions, the area has been probed by Russian Pathfinders indicating an airborne assault is planned. U.S interrogation of captured Russian paras revealed that MBTs will be, or have been, airlifted into the area. All armor assets and attack helicopters are being diverted to the sector. No fallback exists for either side. This engagement will decide the outcome of the war.

Trailers & Videos
    Click the link under each video to see a larger version.

Squad Stories 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WClZ1MP4Ck&hd=1

Battlefield Moments Episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRlBI6FgMOs&hd=1

Battlefield Moments Episode 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lnzScc6ZE&hd=1

Battlefield Moments Episode 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrnm6SeAaRI&hd=1

Limited Edition Unlocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA4vTixIH8Y&hd=1

Single Player Reveal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2PHq89b1s&hd=1
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I've made this new thread (re-using the old OP) so that we could lock the old thread. At over 100 pages and 9,000+ posts it was just getting too big and indexing it was causing too much strain on the server side.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Oh what's that internet you can't handle AUF?

My post ended why are you reading this?
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

I don't think we will get as many posts in this thread but we can still try. Will be sad to see these boards completely quiet in a few weeks. We need to give BFBC2 a good send-off.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) bigfatant's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    bigfatant
    XBLA
    dunhaveonela

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    I don't think we will get as many posts in this thread but we can still try. Will be sad to see these boards completely quiet in a few weeks. We need to give BFBC2 a good send-off.
    Let's hear it for BC2.. hip hip...

Anyway, I miss my lag free oz server games.. *SOB*
    Back to using lag minimising ESP skills now..

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

The server needs to man the fuck up!

*sigh* work sucks. Wish I was playing BFBC2 right now......

/edit

Speaking of Tanks as the Wind That Blows Stiffly Through The Trees and I were in the old thread...
    Not many games out there that have vehicle combat as a big part of the game. Even fewer that do it well.

I get great enjoyment taking out snipers camping behind a wall in buildings.

I get even greater enjoyment snap shooting fast moving Cavs and Quads.
    Last edited by repercuss; 12-10-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

I love this game and I love women.
    Moved on from FPS

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) bigfatant's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    bigfatant
    XBLA
    dunhaveonela

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    The server needs to man the fuck up!

*sigh* work sucks. Wish I was playing BFBC2 right now......

/edit

Speaking of Tanks as the Wind That Blows Stiffly Through The Trees and I were in the old thread...
    Not many games out there that have vehicle combat as a big part of the game. Even fewer that do it well.

I get great enjoyment taking out snipers camping behind a wall in buildings.

I get even greater enjoyment snap shooting fast moving Cavs and Quads.

Hey don't edit posts! We need another 600 posts to get to 10k posts for BC2 thread...

Also, let me know if the games get laggy because of me connecting in from asia.. Laggy games are a fact of life for me now..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Had a few fun games with Barra, Folly and Killin Ham today. We were kinda just frantically running around tagging as defenders and at the first set of M-Coms we were keeping them back but a couple broke through. I managed to take a guy out while he was parachuting down though Bet he was pissed.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Mlzii's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Mlzii
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ropes View Post
    I love this game and I love women.
    Ditto... except all of tonight it was just Laggggggggggggg

Karma is a bitch? Well just make sure that bitch is beautiful.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) FirstWabuu's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

Some fun chopper shenanigans and solid teamwork tonight. Was fun but ended abruptly when I got disconnected due to my crappy network cable while I was piloting a chopper. Poor Barra was left plummeting to earth on his own! Sorry Barra. Doh!

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Why is this locked?

Had some great games yesterday. Managed to get a 30 killstreak.

Decryptions of an Enigma Machine

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams at the end of the BFBC2 Thread #1

Why is this locked?

Decryptions of an Enigma Machine.
    You didn't read it at all! Guilty, guilty, they all cry!

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze in the post before yours
    This thread has been locked due to size. It continues in

PS3 | Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (thread #2)
    The rare and elusive -rep for you my friend. Mwuhahaha

Yeah, that's right... I'm secretly evil.
    Last edited by FirstWabuu; 13-10-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Perfection is perfect

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) JORDS686's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    JORDS686
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by FirstWabuu View Post

The rare and elusive -rep for you my friend.
    That's not a fun game to play...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    P

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Especially when ur playing against a admin.

This post is Locoevo approved.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams View Post
    Why is this locked?

Decryptions of an Enigma Machine
    It's not locked Otis, everyone is able to post here

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Managed to go 69-12 against a random team in Laguna Presa yesterday. I got around 16491 score and 7 tags. I was soooo happy

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) PwnazorusRexx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    PwnazorusRexx
    XBLA
    N/A

I went 40 and 8 last night, I was just on a tear with the AUG, kill after kill.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Managed to go 69-12 against a random team in Laguna Presa yesterday. I got around 16491 score and 7 tags. I was soooo happy
    Thats a monster HotHead!

+rep

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) barra17's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    barra17
    XBLA
    Barra92

Quote Originally Posted by FirstWabuu View Post
    Some fun chopper shenanigans and solid teamwork tonight. Was fun but ended abruptly when I got disconnected due to my crappy network cable while I was piloting a chopper. Poor Barra was left plummeting to earth on his own! Sorry Barra. Doh!
    not a problem game ended before i hit the ground.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I have never seen a score like that before. Wow.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Friend - Serene's Carpet Rat (150+)
    Clan
    None
    PSN
    LEBSTAA
    XBLA
    N/A

That's crazy. I've killed 90+ and revived heaps of people in one round and didn't even break 10,000 points.

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by PwnazorusRexx View Post
    I went 40 and 8 last night, I was just on a tear with the AUG, kill after kill.
    Attach 40mm shotty for loads of fun.
    Moved on from FPS

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) wild_dogg234's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    wild_dogg234
    XBLA
    wilddogg234

Is anyone having trouble getting an aussie server lately? Im getting a lot of timed out fails

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

Yeah Dogg I'm having the same issue. Funnily enough Smajs jumped into a game fine today and I joined him but I'm not sure if it really was an aus server as there was a shitload of lag.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    wild_dogg234
    XBLA
    wilddogg234

Ive emailed EA about it, we'll see what comes out of that.

last night I joined on a game with Murph Killin and Barra, they must have gone to bed so I left that game and tried to find another. couldnt even join back on the game I was in.. it wasnt full, only had about 5 each side??

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) leeroynorth's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    leeroynorth
    XBLA
    N/A

Ive had some great games over the last few days - except lag had some good laughs with Barra and Wabuu the other night and me and Bob n Bunny was smashing it up for AUF until we got kicked ( I had just nemesised the top player on the other team (and just taken his tags) and it crashed - I am sure the servers only crash when im getting a decent score...........Be on tonight I bet - some games we have tumble weed rolling due to lack of AUF love........................(and hate)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    wild_dogg234
    XBLA
    wilddogg234

did you turn off your blocks wabuu?

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The games last night would go from smooth to laggy with knife fails within the same round i so guess the servers really are holding in there just...

Had 1 or 2 pretty,pretty, pretty good games that actually required some good effort and teamwork but of course having other AUFers around meant they could pick up the slack he he, so funny getting simultaneous taggings and as soon as one of us died the poor enemy tries to find somewhere to catch breath and reload when within seconds COMBAT KNIFE hahahaah, we would have easily broke 250 tags last night all up between us i reckon damn only 88 for me though

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

Quote Originally Posted by wild_dogg234 View Post
    did you turn off your blocks wabuu?
    Yes I have. I can't find an aussie match and even when I do it lags just as much as an int'l server so I figured screw it.

Gotta say though all I'm seeing is games with a max of nine players to a team, usually filtering down to 6 vs 2 then 6 vs 0... Starting to wonder if the days of BFBC2 online might already be over.