Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official ISP Discussion Thread

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

TPG notified me that FTTB is available, $69/m unlimited.

Giggity.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post

Giggity.
    It's official, I hate you

Interested in joining AUF? Full instructions can be found HERE.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post

Giggity.
    Nice! Wonder what kind of speeds you'll get, given FTTB still utilises copper wires within your building.

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Well on ADSL2+ I sync at 20Mbps so hopefully I can get somewhere up near the full capacity, as of now there are not many TPG customers on my street, think FTTB will change that though.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post
    Nice! Wonder what kind of speeds you'll get, given FTTB still utilises copper wires within your building.
    NBN Co reckons users see an average of 89 down/36 up on FTTB across all of the sites where it's in place.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    It's official, I hate you

Haven't you had ridiculous speeds for ages now though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

NBN Co reckons users see an average of 89 down/36 up on FTTB across all of the sites where it's in place.

Mhgagag, five years ago I was on Unwired where 1 gig would take 17 hours to download......think my head will explode.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default The Official ISP Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Haven't you had ridiculous speeds for ages now though?

My upload is nothing like that, and there are contention issues with cable. Fibre is the ultimate

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

My upload is nothing like that, and there are contention issues with cable. Fibre is the ultimate

Ah ok, the box that goes on the outside of the house is being installed between June and August at my place should have it by the end of the year hopefully.

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

They have just replaced the power pole outside of my place so it can handle the NBN cables .. Should have NBN fibre to the house by the end of the year.

Sent from a galaxy far far away a long time ago (using tapatalk)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

AUF Full Member - Base Install
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Cam_NZ
    XBLA
    N/A

We have the option to goto fibre but cant see the point when its $70 for 40 gig when i got unlimited cable for $90

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Do you guys still highly recommend internode? My telstra plan is just month to month now so im looking at swapping.
    Hows there routers? They are currently offering there lowest router for free on a 24month plan n being tight on da moolah at the moment free stuff is good stuff i guess haha. Any more info would be great

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Do you guys still highly recommend internode? My telstra plan is just month to month now so im looking at swapping.
    Hows there routers? They are currently offering there lowest router for free on a 24month plan n being tight on da moolah at the moment free stuff is good stuff i guess haha. Any more info would be great

I'm with Internode, never had to make a phone call to customer support as my connection is always solid. I have my own modem so can't speak for theirs, prices are a touch more expensive but I've never had a problem with them, Telstra and TPG for me were pretty bad TBH, TPG connection was just shit house after 5pm.

I'll hopefully have NBN soon as well so keen to see how it performs as well, had the box put on the outside of the house last week, they reckon 2 months till we can connect though.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    I'm with Internode, never had to make a phone call to customer support as my connection is always solid. I have my own modem so can't speak for theirs, prices are a touch more expensive but I've never had a problem with them, Telstra and TPG for me were pretty bad TBH, TPG connection was just shit house after 5pm.

I'll hopefully have NBN soon as well so keen to see how it performs as well, had the box put on the outside of the house last week, they reckon 2 months till we can connect though.

Im currently with telstra and basically if anyone else is connected to the wifi everything suffers.
    The bundles ive seen are actually cheaper then the telstra one i have, yes i get more data with telstra but i hardly go over 90gb n i think we have like 500 with some double data deal they did.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Im currently with telstra and basically if anyone else is connected to the wifi everything suffers.
    The bundles ive seen are actually cheaper then the telstra one i have, yes i get more data with telstra but i hardly go over 90gb n i think we have like 500 with some double data deal they did.

How old is your telstra modem? Had the same drama with my old one dropping when ever family used wifi. Got latest model an havent had problem since.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

About 2yrs old

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Just finished setting up the internode router ect. Did a ps4 test
    Telstra download: 2.5-3.5mb
    Upload : 200-350kbs

Internode download : 9-9.7 (from acouple tests)
    Upload : 700-850kbs

Prob not as great as anyone elses but it still an improvement

Last edited by SNKYwolf; 30-07-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Swapping upload/download

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Just finished setting up the internode router ect. Did a ps4 test
    Telstra upload: 2.5-3.5mb
    Download: 200-350kbs

Internode upload: 9-9.7 (from acouple tests)
    Download: 700-850kbs

Prob not as great as anyone elses but it still an improvement

I think you might have the upload/download back to front there snky , but that's a pretty dramatic improvement. Are those figures from the same location?

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

I think you might have the upload/download back to front there snky , but that's a pretty dramatic improvement. Are those figures from the same location?

Ahhhh your correct il swap it around haha. Yea only thing thwts changed is the service provider and the router (internodes free router with the plan i got) ps4 still in the same place and everyone in the house is connected.
    Im over the moon with the difference and its also cheaper so win win thanks all for the reference!

Last edited by SNKYwolf; 30-07-2015 at 07:01 PM.

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Sykotik_mushroom's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sykotik_mushroom
    XBLA
    N/a

Ahhhh your correct il swap it around haha. Yea only thing thwts changed is the service provider and the router (internodes free router with the plan i got) ps4 still in the same place and everyone in the house is connected.
    Im over the moon with the difference and its also cheaper so win win thanks all for the reference!

I switched to dodo last month (please don't judge me) but my pings gone out the window. I was looking at internode, now I might look a little harder.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotik_mushroom View Post
    I switched to dodo last month (please don't judge me) but my pings gone out the window. I was looking at internode, now I might look a little harder.
    Well i can vouch for internode now, well not 100% i have just changed over lol but so far its a good improvement

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

My once kick arse Optus Cable internet is now getting my arse kicked The previously formidable 60Mbps d/load day & night, has now gone the way of the dodo (pun?).
    During the day, might still be lucky to achieve 40 - 60Mbps at times, but come prime time, it zooms along at 0.8 - 2 Mbps and it's as stable as a 2 legged tripod.
    F**K you Optus, all started after your push of unlimited bundle deals and free Netflix. *insert middle finger*

I should start a shop for rubber bands, given the amount I've found in games, including heaps of spikes and disconnections. Optus is well aware of the congestion problem and won't be upgrading, and the best they can offer is an one-off discount plus a finger pointing to the door "We're ok if you churn to another ISP".

Thus questions:
    Anyone currently with TPG ADSL2+?
    If you check your address on their map (linked below), how accurate are their speed indicators?? Suffer from congestion at night?
    Cheers for anyone who can help.

http://www.tpg.com.au/maps/

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

My once kick arse Optus Cable internet is now getting my arse kicked The previously formidable 60Mbps d/load day & night, has now gone the way of the dodo (pun?).
    During the day, might still be lucky to achieve 40 - 60Mbps at times, but come prime time, it zooms along at 0.8 - 2 Mbps and it's as stable as a 2 legged tripod.
    F**K you Optus, all started after your push of unlimited bundle deals and free Netflix. *insert middle finger*

I should start a shop for rubber bands, given the amount I've found in games, including heaps of spikes and disconnections. Optus is well aware of the congestion problem and won't be upgrading, and the best they can offer is an one-off discount plus a finger pointing to the door "We're ok if you churn to another ISP".

Thus questions:
    If you check your address on their map (linked below), how accurate are their speed indicators?? Suffer from congestion at night?

I actually left TPG for the exact reason you are describing Chiips, i went to Telstra after that then Internode now on NBN, thinking of switching to someone else soon once i can figure out who has the best deals, my current plan doesn't include streaming as downloads apparently but their new plans do. im on 100/40 300gb a month. Want something similar but unlimited downloads would be nice.

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Thus questions:

... And I just signed to Optus for my upcoming NBN connection ... This is rather disconcerting.

Sent from a galaxy far far away a long time ago (using tapatalk)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Thus questions:

What's your distance from the exchange?
    http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au

Have you considered Telstra cable? I'm on 110/2.6, and speed drops only slightly during peak. Contention will always be a factor, but if everyone is on Optus unlimited then Telstra should be better as a result

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Cable length ~1.5km. It doesn't look good if the heatmap on ADSL2exchanges are an accurate indication

Yeah, will be looking @ Telstra options. Cable might just be recently available...

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Have you considered Telstra cable? I'm on 110/2.6, and speed drops only slightly during peak. Contention will always be a factor, but if everyone is on Optus unlimited then Telstra should be better as a result
    Apparently Telstra cable is available, however neither their sales nor tech support can confirm if they use the same physical Cables as Optus, and whether there's already congestion in the area.

Dunno if should risk locking into a 2yr contract of the same shitty connection, or would their exchange differ even though running though the same cables and hence provide better speed?

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Wouldn't they have different cables? Surely Telstra would have put down their own lines.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Apparently Telstra cable is available, however neither their sales nor tech support can confirm if they use the same physical Cables as Optus, and whether there's already congestion in the area.

Dunno if should risk locking into a 2yr contract of the same shitty connection, or would their exchange differ even though running though the same cables and hence provide better speed?
    They use different cable networks.

--> CLICK HERE <--