AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Aussie Broadband ftw. 2 or 3 months till i get my nbn. Cannot fucking wait.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Iíve been with Internode for several years now, never had a bad connection really, TPG were always the worst, Iíve heard Aussie Broadband is pretty good though.

Mega was saying that Internode, iiNet and a few others have shipped their servers offshore or something and they were gonna be reverting them back because of complaints of crap connections. Iíve noticed connecting with a lot of Asian countries while playing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah Im with internode adsl atm and notice im always connecting to asia when matchmaking in Div 2 these days. Theyre good and I cant complain about them but Im looking forward to switching Aussie Broadband when i get nbn

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    i switched to iiNet after a stint with Optus and before that Telstra. My service is pretty good now, no complaints... I feel as though they are all much the same so just go with the best price.

I wouldn't go back to Telstra though. The internet worked fine but they pulled a total shit trick by telling me in the highstreet store that I was getting this extra thing and this other thing for free then just charging me full price for it when the bill came. When I complained they said it was in the contract and I couldn't change it for 2 years. The sales person had left the store when I went back to yell at someone :/
    Every single time I have to renew my Telstra plan they try to screw me over. Their reps love to promise the world, so I just make sure I have a record of the promises, and then have to chase them up afterwards to get shit actually sorted out: usually theyíll bugger up the first bill, Iíll get in contact and theyíll tell me itís now fixed, then theyíll bugger up the second bill as well, and then finally it will get fixed for good.

On the bright side Iím paying about $20 per month less than their advertised rates, so thatís nice. For $90 per month Iím on 100/40 unlimited HFC, with a phone line (with all calls except for international included) included, and a Telstra TV2 chucked in for free.

In terms of the actual internet service, their cable service (115Mbps) was flawless: no outages, no real speed drop in peak (and it was always bloody fast). Since I was forced onto the HFC NBN (same cable, but with entire suburb on it now) Iíve seen lower theoretical max speed (down 15Mbps to 100Mbps), significant speed degradation during peak, and frequent outages. The NBN has made my internet a lot worse unfortunately, at significant expense to the taxpayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Yeah Im with internode adsl atm and notice im always connecting to asia when matchmaking in Div 2 these days. Theyre good and I cant complain about them but Im looking forward to switching Aussie Broadband when i get nbn

I don't think getting connected to Asian servers is a ISP issue , it's a Matchmaking bug in the game dude. See here

I'm with Internode on NBN FTTC 100/40 for $100 month + phone. Internode are the best ISP I've ever used, and have always offered a rock solid connection. I've been with them for over 10 years now and not one complaint.

Pretty solid 100% of the day peak to no peak.

PS Telstra suck, still are a bunch of bloated crooks that try anything on they think they can get away with.