AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    When looking at stuff yesterday I must have overlooked internode. for naked NBN internet internode's unlimited 100/40 offering is 99.99/month, bundling a call pack with it to compare with TPG's and iiNet's similar services (unlimited local/national/mobile) puts it up to the $120 mark along with iiNet, TPG still looks best value at $110.

Interestingly enough, internode is the first I've seen to offer four of the speed packs (12/1, 25/5, 50/20, 100/40) most of the others only offer three, either skipping the base 12/1 or the 50/20
    That base 12/1 is new, they didn't offer it last time I looked.

/Edit. Yeah those motherfuckers. 15 bucks cheaper for unlimited than the plan I was on.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by repercuss; 27-02-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

That sounds ideal, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Done a bit of comparisons today between TPG, iinet, dodo, telstra and optus and they all try to be as vague as fucking possible. Only ONE (dodo) mentions upload speeds, and Optus are just shit with finding out what you can get and when you do see a bundle it's not explicit on wether or not it's cable/adsl/NBN or how to compare with speed packs. Not to mention they all have allways got some deal going so it's hard to really find a base offering. Untill I can get optus to confirm what they can offer, it looks like TPG and iinet are the clear cut winners in terms of giving us close to what we're allready getting for a decent price.

Yep, heaps of the stuff around. Doesn't help that many of the houses around here weren't really built with future technology in mind. I feel sorry for the poor NBN techs who are going to have to service our area.
    There's an update to the search function on the NBN site now which shows I'm getting FTTN, this month supposedly (will believe that when I see it).

Not sure how to feel about getting FTTN, stuff Ive read is mixed.

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    There's an update to the search function on the NBN site now which shows I'm getting FTTN, this month supposedly (will believe that when I see it).

Not sure how to feel about getting FTTN, stuff Ive read is mixed.
    That's pretty shit. yeh, FTTN is a copout. Got a letter from TPG today saying we're available now, checked NBNco and it's official, HFC is available for our address, now it's just a matter of finding a decent deal which is impossible.

Currently we're on a $115 with a $25 discount with optus, get unlimited data and unlimited L/N/M calls at 30 down 2 up. The closest optus offers now is $110 at 25/5, goes up to $120 or $130 for the 50/20 or 100/40, but it comes with fetchTV and an optus sport subscription. Going with TPG we'd be able to get unlimited L/N/M calls and unlimited data at 100/40 for $110 because it doesn't take on the bullshit fetch/sport sub or even $90 for the 25/5, but would mean we'd have to change emails, and that would be a nightmare.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Step one, buy your own domain name so this isn't an issue in the future.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Capture.PNG

Fuck yeah NBN*

That's a BIG B bitches for bytes not bits.

*proper NBN not weeny watered down liberals nbn. Motherfuckers. How much does it cost now you stupid fucks.

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    Capture.PNG

Fuck yeah NBN*

That's a BIG B bitches for bytes not bits.

*proper NBN not weeny watered down liberals nbn. Motherfuckers. How much does it cost now you stupid fucks.
    I was at 14 MB/s on Tuesday. Now I'm on NBN and I'm at 11 MB/s today.

Fuck you NBN*

*weeny watered down nbn

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) murph_BTK's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    murph_BTK
    XBLA
    tnuca

I get this on average

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers

Anyone with Aussie Broadband?

I'm getting NBN shortly and was looking at SkyMesh until everyone in Bendigo decided to go with them.
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone else with optus? there's a few people on the RL subreddit with Optus having issues with ping being through the roof on some servers and not others, BF1 is affected for me too.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Anyone else with optus? there's a few people on the RL subreddit with Optus having issues with ping being through the roof on some servers and not others, BF1 is affected for me too.
    Used to be, till year or so ago.
    Optus cable was rock solid for a few years (so good I've re-contracted with them) until congestion started dropping download speeds during peak periods, plus getting ping spikes. This all started in my area when Optus began their Netflix-plan promos. It gradually deteriorated to the point where 500ms+ ping was the norm after 6:30pm, and Optus admitted fault and couldn't do anything about it or not sure when it can be resolved. Netflix families didn't complain as ping didn't affect them as much, but it was a known issue. I recall they let me terminate my contract early without penalty because of this, consequently switched to Telstra and no major issues since.

* this applies to my area and was >12moths ago, but I know from forums back then that many optus customers were reporting similar issues.

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post
    Used to be, till year or so ago.
    Optus cable was rock solid for a few years (so good I've re-contracted with them) until congestion started dropping download speeds during peak periods, plus getting ping spikes. This all started in my area when Optus began their Netflix-plan promos. It gradually deteriorated to the point where 500ms+ ping was the norm after 6:30pm, and Optus admitted fault and couldn't do anything about it or not sure when it can be resolved. Netflix families didn't complain as ping didn't affect them as much, but it was a known issue. I recall they let me terminate my contract early without penalty because of this, consequently switched to Telstra and no major issues since.

* this applies to my area and was >12moths ago, but I know from forums back then that many optus customers were reporting similar issues.
    fair enough. Annoying thing is, this is affecting specific servers. Normal webites and streaming services running network diagnostics the ping is normal (between 20-50) for an aussie based server, and same goes for some rocket league servers, but other rocket league and BF1 servers have an extra 1-2 hundred extra. NBN and cable optus customers from sydney and melbourne are reporting it too, so it doesn't seem like just peak congestion either. No packet loss (at least out of the normal) or speed drop either, just the ping.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) xX_stpdM0nky_Xx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    xX_stpdM0nky_Xx
    XBLA
    N/A

So this is my internet speed now, fuckin fed up with Internode. Repeated wholesaler/internode tech visits and they can't fix. As NBN no go, considering Nuskope
    Anyway, just needed to vent this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Jealous ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Jealous ?

Very. That's one of the best potatoes I've ever seen used to take a picture

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

iphone potato image of macbook pro potato in the sun potato

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

That's one Sweet Potato Stoney!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

yeh, he has given up trying to get a decent connection out of telstra so now runs the sales software for the shops on a cloud server in sydney.
    So technically it is his current speed .. just not to his house.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) xX_stpdM0nky_Xx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    xX_stpdM0nky_Xx
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Jealous ?

Damn!! - as NBN is a no go here for at least 12 month, i am considering Nuskope if the internode clowns don't resolve this by friday. Currently at 1.6Mbps lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Yeh thats bro's cloud server in sydney.

this is mine .. the stupid dlink switch in the roof has probably dropped back to 10mbps again, I have it on a remote power plug so I can reboot it and at least get 100mbps back if I need it.

edit: nope, getting 11MBps to the NAS server so thats a pretty accurate speed test.
    Last edited by Stonemull; 29-08-2017 at 05:31 PM.

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) stevo282's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    stevo282
    XBLA
    N/A

Gilly, NBN crew number 4 rocked up at my shop today. They said the same as the previous 3 crews "nah we can't do this we will have to call in someone else"
    So now waiting for crew number 5. What a joke

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by stevo282 View Post
    Gilly, NBN crew number 4 rocked up at my shop today. They said the same as the previous 3 crews "nah we can't do this we will have to call in someone else"

That's fucked. Communications skills clearly needed at ALL those places.

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Taking a guess that your job isn't a straight forward one. From talking to them, NBN's contractors are paid by the complexity of the job, with different codes and $$ attributed to each job type.
    Many of them would rather complete several simpler installations rather than waste several hours on a tough job, as they probably earn more that way.
    Thus some contractors (they're not NBN employees) will purposely turn down complex installations, as there's plenty of work out there for them.

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) stevo282's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    stevo282
    XBLA
    N/A

Very complicated.
    They need to cut through concrete floor. But my shop is an old servo.

Also related, this is my speed at home tonight

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Very complicated.
    They need to cut through concrete floor. But my shop is an old servo.

Also related, this is my speed at home tonight

I feel your pain stevo, Optus has fucked up again. Dl and Ul speeds are fine, speed tests to real servers gives decent ping with no packet loss, virtual servers on the other hand are fucked. Games using virtual servers like rocket league and BF1 the ping isn't lower than 180 at best, seen multiple people in game affected and they're on optus, perth/adeliade/melbourne/sydney, ADSL/cable/NBN. Fuck you optus.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

After 3 years of 4g.. finally

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    After 3 years of 4g.. finally

I know your pain, i only got adsl2 a few months ago after telstra telling me no ports available for over 2 years. 12 months of paying for a phone line (who the fuck uses landlines anymore?) to be on the 'waiting list' for a port though.

Yet every month theyd bill me for an internet connection at our old address, every month id tell them i dont live at that address and im not paying for an internet connection im not using.

Finally got the shits with them and switched to internode. They had a port for me in 2 months. Telstra = absolute shittest cunts and will never use them again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

So after having no internet for a day or two and basically getting the shits with internodes transition to a shitty iinet/tpg whoever owns them...
    I hooked up Aussie Broadband. Service is NBN FttB, Wife called internode support (she works from home) and got told its a planned outage fixed soon at ~10am, if it isnt fixed by 6pm PM! then call back. I looked at internode outage site and nothing listed, i looked at aussies site and it did have an outage listed that was planned and completed. Internode still not working. Straw. Camel. Back.
    Signed up for Aussie, about an hour later the connection was ready to go.

AND

The icing on the cake... Internodes connection constantly dropped out and was a massive piece of shit, but the continually blamed the infrastructure from the basement to me. Only ever got a max of about 30mb/s so eventually downed the plan to a 50mb/s one. Now on Aussie however its getting as much as i would expect from a 50mb/s so im thinking that it maybe can get higher, its just internodes decline to obscurity that was my actual problem.

Fuck internode.

Long Live The ABB

H.H > R.C > You

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    So after having no internet for a day or two and basically getting the shits with internodes transition to a shitty iinet/tpg whoever owns them...
    I hooked up Aussie Broadband. Service is NBN FttB, Wife called internode support (she works from home) and got told its a planned outage fixed soon at ~10am, if it isnt fixed by 6pm PM! then call back. I looked at internode outage site and nothing listed, i looked at aussies site and it did have an outage listed that was planned and completed. Internode still not working. Straw. Camel. Back.
    Signed up for Aussie, about an hour later the connection was ready to go.

AND

The icing on the cake... Internodes connection constantly dropped out and was a massive piece of shit, but the continually blamed the infrastructure from the basement to me. Only ever got a max of about 30mb/s so eventually downed the plan to a 50mb/s one. Now on Aussie however its getting as much as i would expect from a 50mb/s so im thinking that it maybe can get higher, its just internodes decline to obscurity that was my actual problem.

Fuck internode.

Long Live The ABB
    Iíve been with Internode for several years now, never had a bad connection really, TPG were always the worst, Iíve heard Aussie Broadband is pretty good though.

Mega was saying that Internode, iiNet and a few others have shipped their servers offshore or something and they were gonna be reverting them back because of complaints of crap connections. Iíve noticed connecting with a lot of Asian countries while playing as well.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default The Official ISP Discussion Thread

If youíre comparing NBN ISPs, then this ACCC page is your bible:

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/in...rformance-data

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 14-05-2019 at 02:04 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

i switched to iiNet after a stint with Optus and before that Telstra. My service is pretty good now, no complaints... I feel as though they are all much the same so just go with the best price.

I wouldn't go back to Telstra though. The internet worked fine but they pulled a total shit trick by telling me in the highstreet store that I was getting this extra thing and this other thing for free then just charging me full price for it when the bill came. When I complained they said it was in the contract and I couldn't change it for 2 years. The sales person had left the store when I went back to yell at someone :/