Results 2,761 to 2,777 of 2777

Thread: Favourite TV Shows

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Since this topic came up in the Netflix thread, I figured I might post my up to date favourite TV shows list:

1. Veronica Mars: still my favourite. Great cast, great writing, great premise, and beautifully shot. It's always a genuinely sad feeling when you come to the end of it and have to say goodbye to the characters.
    2. The Wire: a proper cop show. No superhuman cops, just people who often fuck things up and feel like real people. It maybe lost a little bit of steam towards the end, and a couple of caricatured elements crept in, but a very powerful telling of what life is like in Baltimore, and why.
    3. Firefly: only Joss Whedon could make a space Western work this well. Helped by a great cast and great writing. Hilarious and serious at the same time. Props for having no sound in vacuum.
    4. Daredevil: the best action you'll see on a TV screen, fantastic cast, and beautifully shot. That they made such an outlandish premise feel so real and gritty is a credit to the writers.
    5. The Expanse: I do love hard sci-fi. Cool and believable premise (no matter how advanced our tech is, humans will always be arseholes lol) and for the most part has a great cast (with a couple of exceptions). I haven't seen season 3 yet (it's not on Netflix yet) but I'm really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default Favourite TV Shows

Waiting for Expanse while avoiding spoilers too
    Better Call Saul starts august I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Locoevo; 17-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Rather than my fav all time these shows are my fav lesser known or talked about shows that perhaps are overlooked but still excellent.

1. Oz (1997)

The lives (and deaths) of a group of inmates and their overseers in the Oswald State Correctional Facility or Oz.
    This show was way ahead of it's time, contains extreme levels of violence (seriously) language, sex and prejudices an/or racism. It also contains some of the best written characters I have seen in a TV show.

I will never forget witnessing the journey of Tobias Beecher upon arrival as a gawky pencil pusher pushed into, and further towards, hell.

And a truly terrifying antagonist in Schillinger.

2. Wildside (1997)

A detective now seemingly disgraced via the touch of corruption returns to Sydney in search of his missing teenage son. The seedy underbelly of Sydney is on show as he searches and gets enveloped in the lives of the down and out of society.

He befriends a doctor at a local drop in centre and helps her, help him.

It involves issues pertinent to Australia at the time, such as the Royal commission into Police corruption, abuse of youth, paedophile rings, politicians and petty crimes.

The acting is brilliant, especially in the first series as a man desperately gets closer to either breaking down or finding his son, he uncovers even more than he may want to.

3. Ash vs Evil dead. (2015)

This show is just non stop gore and fun, one scene in a sperm bank with a touchy magazine and some use of bodily fluids that Something about Mary would be proud of tipped it over the edge into greatness.

4. Tales from the crypt. (1989)

This show may appear cheesy and yeah it can be, there are also many,many terrible episodes, but trust me, the good episode are very good, and the great ones are worth it.

It is a bit like the X-Files in the monster of the week episodes, it has horror, humour and sometimes even heart...not to mention a kick arse assortment of famous actors.

5. Dirty Jobs. (2003)

Mike Rowe goes to a variety of dirty, disgusting or lesser known professions and finds out how to do them, as simple as that, but so good to see occupations I had never known existed and the passionate people who partake in them.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Rather than my fav all time these shows are my fav lesser known or talked about shows that perhaps are overlooked but still excellent.

1. Oz (1997)

The lives (and deaths) of a group of inmates and their overseers in the Oswald State Correctional Facility or Oz.
    This show was way ahead of it's time, contains extreme levels of violence (seriously) language, sex and prejudices an/or racism. It also contains some of the best written characters I have seen in a TV show.

I will never forget witnessing the journey of Tobias Beecher upon arrival as a gawky pencil pusher pushed into, and further towards, hell.

And a truly terrifying antagonist in Schillinger.

2. Wildside (1997)

A detective now seemingly disgraced via the touch of corruption returns to Sydney in search of his missing teenage son. The seedy underbelly of Sydney is on show as he searches and gets enveloped in the lives of the down and out of society.

He befriends a doctor at a local drop in centre and helps her, help him.

It involves issues pertinent to Australia at the time, such as the Royal commission into Police corruption, abuse of youth, paedophile rings, politicians and petty crimes.

The acting is brilliant, especially in the first series as a man desperately gets closer to either breaking down or finding his son, he uncovers even more than he may want to.

3. Ash vs Evil dead. (2015)

This show is just non stop gore and fun, one scene in a sperm bank with a touchy magazine and some use of bodily fluids that Something about Mary would be proud of tipped it over the edge into greatness.

4. Tales from the crypt. (1989)

This show may appear cheesy and yeah it can be, there are also many,many terrible episodes, but trust me, the good episode are very good, and the great ones are worth it.

It is a bit like the X-Files in the monster of the week episodes, it has horror, humour and sometimes even heart...not to mention a kick arse assortment of famous actors.

5. Dirty Jobs. (2003)

Mike Rowe goes to a variety of dirty, disgusting or lesser known professions and finds out how to do them, as simple as that, but so good to see occupations I had never known existed and the passionate people who partake in them.
    Oz was a great show. Used to watch it on SBS. Chris Meloni is a brilliant actor. Both comedic and serious roles. I'm still pissed about his last show "Surviving jack" which got cancelled after 8 episodes. Fuck you fox.

His new TV show "Happy!" is excellent. It's about an ex-cop who teams up with his daughters imaginary friend after she is kidnapped. Weird but funny.

Also just finished watching the latest season of "The Goldbergs". It's a really funny show and is based in the 80s so has some great nostalgia.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Man that Happy! show looks great Jackal! Will check that out for sure.

Also I have not seen it complete yet however it looks like in Who is America? Sacha Baron Cohen is allowing those he interviews to unleash their own stupidity upon the world again.

Seen some reviews scathing at him, calling him washed up and no longer threatening. Others applauding him for having torn off the veil of the decency façade that the powerful of America hide behind.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The Coight is back tonight. Rummaging through the bush.

Last edited by Smajs; 04-08-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Picard is coming back, or the shattered remains of him at least.

an audience taken video of the announcement, skip to 13:40 for the actual words. warning, much american 'woo'ing

https://youtu.be/_pRZaNSnGHA%23t=13m40s

AUFFFFF ... wtf?! who are you??
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

Default TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by Tank1252 View Post
    The only Australian tv i have seen that is funny is the film 'The Castle'.
    Just downloaded season three of Breaking Bad.

And im watching criminal minds season one at the moment. Its awesome

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) FirstWabuu's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Picard is coming back, or the shattered remains of him at least.
    As a TNG fan I wish I could be excited by this but since it is happening on CBS, with at least one of the creators of ST Discovery I will be remaining skeptical. I couldn't stand Discovery, it was a god-awful POS.

I'll check it out when it drops but if it ruins Picard I will be very very annoyed.

AUFFFFF ... wtf?! who are you?? DirtyZA's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm a big fan of Peaky Blinders. It's the best crime drama I've ever seen. Cillian Murphy did his best in these series.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

So the guy who writes for Rick and Morty has been given the greenlight to do a animated Star Trek comedy series, Below Decks, he is a huge trekkie apparently, his spiel was that he wanted to do a series about the minor characters, like the guy whose job it is is to put the yellow capsule into replicators to make bananas.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Dec 30 for season 2 The Orville.

https://youtu.be/wyKp5LDv3sE

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Dec 30 for season 2 The Orville.

https://youtu.be/wyKp5LDv3sE

Nice. The first season wasn't bad. Looking forward to season 2

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Yeah I’m halfway through S1 and am liking it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Super Muderator AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) mudman05's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Just finished Animal Kingdom (3 Seasons) & was half decent
    Interested in joining AUF?

Then follow the link ---> HERE <--- to learn how

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyZA View Post
    I'm a big fan of Peaky Blinders. It's the best crime drama I've ever seen. Cillian Murphy did his best in these series.
    Brilliant show this
    Moved on from FPS

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Anyone looking for an interesting new show to watch should check out Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus.

It is a great comedy/documentary from the creator of Beavis & Butt-head and King of the Hill.

Season 1 follows Country Music tales.

Season 2 the Funk era