Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fitness or gym freaks

Clan
    SYCO

honestly mate i recon you don't need protien shakes. changing your diet helps a lot but if your planing to get huge then i guess protien shakes ftw. but being huge is overrated mate, try doing a hypertrophy style work out, its best for maximising muscle growth.

AUF Friend - Still long way to go hobo... (175+) Awesomness-'s Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Awesomness-,+3more

Quote Originally Posted by afin93 View Post
    anyone know any good protein powder/shakes i can take?
    well i take and ive also been told by alot of ppl to take MAX'S so i do
    i use the WPI type they say that its good for size and def
    the say by using protein it alows ur body to heal alot quicker as well as for the shaping of ur muscles
    1 thing i do know is that ive noticed that when using protein i have been getting bigger in size

Clan
    SYCO

yeah i can see that it makes a difference but i just don't think that people need protien or creatine or whatever. If you are serious about training and being fit then put in the hard yards and you'll get there anyway. i think if you use supplement shakes/powders you will reach your fitness goals faster and easier but i just don't think its worth it then.

tosegue

I walked past a gym once.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Awesomness-,+3more

:beer:als:
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki_wiki_87 View Post
    yeah i can see that it makes a difference but i just don't think that people need protien or creatine or whatever. If you are serious about training and being fit then put in the hard yards and you'll get there anyway. i think if you use supplement shakes/powders you will reach your fitness goals faster and easier but i just don't think its worth it then.
    i see ur point here and it is true aswell als:

AUF Friend - Still long way to go hobo... (175+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    raider2006

I go to the gym five times a week after work, mon to fri. No sports for me, only on TV.

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Ive done Judo for 30 years - aint no better fitness workout on da planet mofos!!

Except maybe swimmimg but that doesnt count.

Started doing weights at about 14 - just circuit training on a old universal GYM set at the local PCYC - then increased it over the years to full on weights. Was right into body-building type rotation weights when i was about 20 or so...

Best bench press ever was probably a day I remember I benched 310 pounds - at about 77 kilos... an older guy I do Judo with with said he used to press 360 pounds at 75 kg... now that is impressive .. once you get under that weight it is FUKN HEAVY!!

Nowadays I dont like to train with really heavy weights (ie 80% max for 1-2 reps) as the older you get the more likely you are to strain your wrist etc (Im 38).

So a normal workout for me is a 5km row on the indoor rowing machine in about 22 minutes
    - then 3-4 sets of Bench with about 200 pounds on it - maybe 8-10 reps
    - then If time in my lunch hour left I will do some dips - 1 set of 30 then 2 of 20...

Thats a decent workout for a lunch-break! and I only get an hour for lunch!

Earlier this year (June) I was really fit and competed in the Aust Judo Champs - for that I was rowing 4 days a week (about 25-30 km) + 6 hrs Judo (3-4 sessions) + some sprint work and various weight-training..

Even doing all that at the comp I felt no where near the level of fitness of the other competitors!!! However I was the oldest guy in my division by at least 10 years

Top Judo players in the world train for 6-7 hrs a day on the mat - 6 days a week.. year round and compete every fortnight or so + in A League tournaments in Europe and Asia every 2 months!! Hard work!!
    Last edited by Snickersma; 27-08-2009 at 10:00 PM.

tosegue

wow i got tied reading it

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Awesomness-,+3more

lol me to
    but that is some fair workouts

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Smokin_Icarus's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smokin_Icarus

gyms are too expensive.............potato chips are cheaper

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I do gym 3 nights a week & weights twice, also boxing training sporadically and Futsol comps when they're on...the girls at my gym make it worth going all touchy feely and tight tight tight tops...plus i'm the only guy at that time so heh he.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Smokin_Icarus's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smokin_Icarus

sounds like its an all girls session (including you) hahahha

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) karnage001's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    karnage001

i just usually do a general workout for 1 and a half hours each day (includes run). but after reading some of the posts in this thread, im now thinking concentrating on certain muscle groups each day. sounds a lot better than what im doing now.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Awesomness-,+3more

Quote Originally Posted by karnage001 View Post
    i just usually do a general workout for 1 and a half hours each day (includes run). but after reading some of the posts in this thread, im now thinking concentrating on certain muscle groups each day. sounds a lot better than what im doing now.
    i use to do the same thing aswell but i have a plan for diff body pars every day u see better results that way

AUF Friend - Double Ton Cherry Picker (200+)

Gym 4 days a week, box 1/2hour every other day and surf everyday

Try this...

Chest/tri's
    Back/ Bi's
    Shoulders/Legs

Its the basis of most workouts. I try not to do a push and a pull exercise in the same workout if you know what i mean. Like chest and tri exercises are pushing and back and bi exercises are pushing. And i dont do traps. Because i dont want to look like my shoulders attach to my ears If you want a rundown on a couple of good exercise's shoot me a PM

@snicks Teach me some judo throws

@afin your only 16 yeah ? You don't need protein shakes and all that shit when your that age. Its alot easier when your younger.
    Last edited by Dean_Mc; 28-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) Blair_Au's Avatar
    Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    Blair_Au

all i can say

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) karnage001's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    karnage001

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_Mc View Post
    Gym 4 days a week, box 1/2hour every other day and surf everyday

Try this...

Chest/tri's
    Back/ Bi's
    Shoulders/Legs

Its the basis of most workouts. I try not to do a push and a pull exercise in the same workout if you know what i mean. Like chest and tri exercises are pushing and back and bi exercises are pushing. And i dont do traps. Because i dont want to look like my shoulders attach to my ears If you want a rundown on a couple of good exercise's shoot me a PM
    hmm looks like a good workout plan. ill pm ya for some of the stuff im not completely gettin

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) R5169's Avatar
    Clan
    [FV]
    PSN
    RHYS5169
    XBLA
    RHYS5169

add me. i eat loads of pussy on the daily. do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by DuRrOs View Post
    promod > pussy
    shits real.

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) Blair_Au's Avatar
    Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    Blair_Au

haha thats awesome +rep

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) discobreakfast's Avatar
    PSN
    discobreakfast

I love going to the gym

It's much better when you have a training partner though, you have more motivation, someone to spot you so you can lift heavier and they can push you!

AUF Friend - 40 Posts of PAIN! (30+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    none
    XBLA
    ausdingo

Yeah i do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and to be any good you really have to be fit. Train in class 3 times a week. At home i lift light weights and then on days im not training im doing laps in the eve in the pool. My muscles are aching and that is great low intesity work for all you muscle groups
    COMP in 2 weeks. Pumped bad for that!

AUF Friend - 40 Posts of PAIN! (30+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    none
    XBLA
    ausdingo

Also did Shootfighting, thats pretty hardcore and i was buring myself out by tuesdays. Gave that up. When i get heaps more conditionded by swimming ill do it again.

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) CheekyChimpanzee's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    CheekyChimpanzee
    XBLA
    Chimp Daddy

Wiki's made some good points... but it comes down to your goals. If you want to put on muscle mass, then I would advise using a protein shake. Essentially the weights you lift tear your muscles and they need protein, specifically essential and non-essential amino acids to be able to repair.

You can get a lot of what you need out of your diet, but having a protein shake within 30 mins of finishing training and, occasionally, one before bed (as your body does most repair while you sleep) if you are mega-fucking-sore, will help your recovery and growth.

WPI is probably the best source of protein on the market.. having said that, it is also fucking expensive.

You need to be careful with your protein shakes as too much protein in your diet, like anything, will simply convert to fat. Additionally many shakes are very high in sugar, which if you don't use the energy from, will also convert to fat.

I would advise the following manufacturers, based on what has been good for me:
    - Redback - Complete Protein &/or WPI.
    - Body Science - Mass Monster (very low calorie, low fat, low sugar, high protein powder, designed at definition gains, not overall "mass gains" (i.e. fat)).

If you really wanna punch it.. try adding a BCAA tablet or two with your protein shake.
    And if you're itching for real growth, try a tribulus supplement. This will increase your natural testosterone production. Considering this is a major need for recovery, it will mean more growth. It will also mean more zits and more boners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_Mc View Post
    Chest/tri's
    Back/ Bi's
    Shoulders/Legs
    Fuck yeah! Pre-exhaust the Tri's with all your Chest exercises, then smash them to finish the job... same for bi's!! booyah!! Guns!!

Who's posting up the first pic of their guns?

PSN
    discobreakfast

Yeah Sly is right on the money there.

Redback was great for me too. Last one I bought was a 6kg tub WPI and came with a 500g Creatine bag too for about $215 which is not bad considering WPI's are expensive.

At the moment I'm using GNC Lo-Carb Delight which is the worst name LOL but it's a WPI and I get it for half price cos a mate of mine works at GNC so can't complain, it does the job.

What protein/supplements you taking Sly?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    CheekyChimpanzee
    XBLA
    Chimp Daddy

currently just on the BSc: Mass Monster...

http://www.bodyscience.com.au/?page=...&product_id=46

i don't take anywhere near what they prescribe on the tub, that'd be excessive in my book.. but enough to help spur my recovery

Got a discount code for them, so PM me if you wanna sign up and try stuff for 25% off.

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) Amusing Kill's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AmusingKill
    XBLA
    Amusing Kill

c'mon sly you know you wanna be the first to post a pic lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    CheekyChimpanzee
    XBLA
    Chimp Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by K-Brad View Post
    c'mon sly you know you wanna be the first to post a pic lol
    ha!

don't have any flexing pics. (isn't that a shame).

AUF Friend - Double Ton Cherry Picker (200+)

I use ON's 100% Whey Protein. Seems to do the job quite well Its got all the shit you need and doesnt taste like shit like most.
    Anyone tried NO explode or similar? I had a tub of white flood. It made my face go numb and my body tingly and made me have huge biceps for a couple of hours haha

PSN
    discobreakfast

hehe thanks Sly.

Yeah Dean I'm using white flood at the moment, haha yeah it makes me go tingly as well but now I just drink it slowly before and during workout cos the tingly feeling makes me feel like when I'm about to break out in a sweat lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    CheekyChimpanzee
    XBLA
    Chimp Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by discobreakfast View Post
    hehe thanks Sly.

Yeah Dean I'm using white flood at the moment, haha yeah it makes me go tingly as well but now I just drink it slowly before and during workout cos the tingly feeling makes me feel like when I'm about to break out in a sweat lol
    no shit.

surely that cannot be good for you. what's causing the tingles?