View Poll Results: For HD cinema (BLURAY) - which is the ultimate screen for your home under $7000?!?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pioneer Kuro ELITE 50 inch (2009)

2 6.25%
  • Panasonic G10 60 inch (or 50!) HD plasma

4 12.50%
  • SONY BRAVIA XBR series 8 LED backlit LCD 55 inch (or 46!)

7 21.88%
  • SONY Z BRAVIA series (flouro backlit) 200 HZ

7 21.88%
  • Samsung Series 8 edge lit LED LCD 55 inch (or 46)

10 31.25%
  • Samsung Series 8 HD plasmas (60 or 50) inch

2 6.25%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snick's Hi-def Panel Thread - all the juice..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Like any Sony, it will be a great tv. But, in my opinion at least I wouldn’t buy one. I would say it is a non ranged model. No store is buying the panel because the 49” size is no longer selling. It is too small but price wise, too close to a 55”. Sony will usually sell the dead stock themselves through their various avenues to cut their losses.

So $1199 looks cheap, but for not much more you can get a 55” in Sony or any other major brand. Actually wait a few months and you will probably get a better specced model as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    49" is actually the max size I could go, since this is for the bedroom. I'm actually worried it's too big, but 43" 4K sets are basically non-existent! In doing some research this arvo it seems like the biggest knock against it is that it can't be firmware upgraded to support DV (the Pro doesn't support DV anyway), and the input lag is good but higher than the competition.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Hmm, I've been offered the Sony 49" X9000E 4k HDR TV for $1,199 (and you probably have too, if you're a PS+ member).

Thoughts? I'm looking at you Elmo and Snicks
    I've been looking at the 55". It gets good reviews. $1199 seems like a good price, I've seen the 55" get down to around $1700 in Christmas sales. Not sure if it's for gaming but it gets a good wrap from Eurogamer (xe90 in the UK)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-hdr-gaming_13

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Anything Sony can't go too wrong. Only thing is you might not like the Android OS its definitely not as snappy as the LG or Samsung offerings.

And yeah - for future proofing only the Sony X1 Extreme processors will have Dolby Vision firmware updates .. so if that's a deal breaker... but pretty sure that would only be on 55 inch and above anyway.

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

49" is actually the max size I could go, since this is for the bedroom. I'm actually worried it's too big, but 43" 4K sets are basically non-existent! In doing some research this arvo it seems like the biggest knock against it is that it can't be firmware upgraded to support DV (the Pro doesn't support DV anyway), and the input lag is good but higher than the competition.
    If you walk mount the screen, optically it probably wonít look too big. For a bedroom it is a great screen. At 43Ē you donít need 4K anyway, pixels are small enough anyway.

But Snicks did mention one massive drawback. The Android OS is probably the worst out of the major brands.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I pulled the trigger, will let you know what it's like

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

It will be fine .. its a SONY

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Cool. Enjoy the new toy!

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I have a few gripes with my Sony, netflix not running at times until you pull the mains plug for the set and reboot has made me install a foot operated switch so I can power it off without crawling around behind the set.
    The last few days, maybe since I installed the 9Go app, I hit the Home button and the set locks up, reboots itself then wait 30 seconds till you can press the Home button again. Been hoping for another software update .. Sony just want to blame the network, reboot router blah blah, its not the router, reboot the TV and its fixed everytime.
    Sometimes media player forces a reboot, sometimes it locks up solid while watching media on the media player.

Its a good TV, but Sony can make some crap software imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    I have a few gripes with my Sony, netflix not running at times until you pull the mains plug for the set and reboot has made me install a foot operated switch so I can power it off without crawling around behind the set.
    The last few days, maybe since I installed the 9Go app, I hit the Home button and the set locks up, reboots itself then wait 30 seconds till you can press the Home button again. Been hoping for another software update .. Sony just want to blame the network, reboot router blah blah, its not the router, reboot the TV and its fixed everytime.
    Sometimes media player forces a reboot, sometimes it locks up solid while watching media on the media player.

Its a good TV, but Sony can make some crap software imo.

I'll have the PS4 Pro and a Telstra TV (Roku box) hooked up to it, so I probably won't ever need to use the built in apps.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Yeh I bought a chromecast and stuck another google home mini on the wall in the lounge for it last week, only used it a few times to cast youtube to it though, I am used to using the remote to control netflix on it .. so the only time I used it to try netflix so far it drove me nuts that the remote did nothing and now I had to voice control it. Even though I have the same setup in the bedroom and I am fine with it there, had to use the ipad to control netflix before, so voice is much better .. though I get the feeling I am annoying my google home mini when I am jumping around in an episode trying to find something.

Takes some getting used to as well, 'forward' skips 30 seconds, 'forward 5 minutes' skips 5 minutes, 'forward 2 minutes' skips 30 seconds, none of that inluding 'forward' is even mentioned in google help, rewind is mentioned..

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Yeah Netflix can be a pain sometimes but when its working (90% of the time) itís perfect. I donít have anything hooked up to it anymore. Basically only use it for Netflix and Kodi.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

How is it, ive been looking at a 49/50" 4k set to upgrade to for my pro. Weve got the 60" in the loungeroom but I find its too big to play on, especially fast paced shooters like BF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    How is it, ive been looking at a 49/50" 4k set to upgrade to for my pro. Weve got the 60" in the loungeroom but I find its too big to play on, especially fast paced shooters like BF.

It's way too bloody big, but it's amazing. The thing that really blows me away is the brightness, at the default brightness setting you need fucking sunglasses to look at it. Pretty sure I'm getting a tan from it even with the brightness turned way down lol.

Gran Turismo looks absolutely glorious, but even GTA V (1080p, no Pro patch) looks great on it. Very, very impressed

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

It's way too bloody big, but it's amazing. The thing that really blows me away is the brightness, at the default brightness setting you need fucking sunglasses to look at it. Pretty sure I'm getting a tan from it even with the brightness turned way down lol.

Gran Turismo looks absolutely glorious, but even GTA V (1080p, no Pro patch) looks great on it. Very, very impressed

Sweet, get my bonus in march, guess whose getting a new 4k tv for his man cave

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

aldi still have 2 of the 75" 4K's for $1500, I wonder what they are like, not real impressed with the 46 I bought a few years back .. looks ok on movies but gaming and southpark sucks on it, bleed in the corners and a negative after image especially on southpark, in fact I can't think of any other tv show that it does it on.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Nice. Glad your happy with it. Are you going to wall mount it? Might help with the optics of the screen size

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Nice. Glad your happy with it. Are you going to wall mount it? Might help with the optics of the screen size
    Nope. It's sitting on a large desk, which is where I want it

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Haha old skool

Super Muderator AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) mudman05's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Default Snick's Hi-def Panel Thread - all the juice..

I lashed out & bought Samsung 75in OLED 4K & GT & even Fortnite look amazing. Also upgraded to the pro as well

Then follow the link ---> HERE <--- to learn how

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Smokin_Icarus's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smokin_Icarus

Quote Originally Posted by mudman05 View Post
    I lashed out & bought Samsung 75in OLED 4K & GT & even Fortnite look amazing. Also upgraded to the pro as well

Muddy for the win. Now no excuses in your games.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin_Icarus View Post
    Muddy for the win. Now no excuses in your games.
    Haha if only

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Both JB and Bing Lee have some good deals for the next couple of days, I'm gonna pick up the X900E. woo.

I will keep my W800B for 3D. Still a bunch of 3D movies to see though only a handful of PS4 games support it, a shame because it is so good when done well. I suppose VR has superseded it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Both JB and Bing Lee have some good deals for the next couple of days, I'm gonna pick up the X900E. woo.

I will keep my W800B for 3D. Still a bunch of 3D movies to see though only a handful of PS4 games support it, a shame because it is so good when done well. I suppose VR has superseded it.
    X9000E is awesome

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Grabbed one today 20% off at good guys woohoo!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I have had three hard crashes with the flashing red lights with my x9000e on it's first day heh.

First was HDR game mode, apparently that is an issue with the recent firmware, I changed to Graphics mode and solved that.

Next was watching movies, I switched between Cinema Pro/Home and another option too fast apparently, crashed twice and I had to unplug it from the wall to get it to power on again, another issue others had/have...other than that it is good ha ha.

Local dimming and X dynamic combined with the back light controls has me with luscious deep blacks, perhaps not as good as OLED but this is still damn beautiful, my Criterion collection has never looked so good and I finally have a TV without any noticeable DSE, was watching the Ice hockey and the ice was smooth and bright! HDR takes a bit of tweaking but when you get it right you can feel your skin tanning, will probably end like Homer, a permanent shadow on the wall behind from the brightness ha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I have had three hard crashes with the flashing red lights with my x9000e on it's first day heh.

First was HDR game mode, apparently that is an issue with the recent firmware, I changed to Graphics mode and solved that.

Next was watching movies, I switched between Cinema Pro/Home and another option too fast apparently, crashed twice and I had to unplug it from the wall to get it to power on again, another issue others had/have...other than that it is good ha ha.

Local dimming and X dynamic combined with the back light controls has me with luscious deep blacks, perhaps not as good as OLED but this is still damn beautiful, my Criterion collection has never looked so good and I finally have a TV without any noticeable DSE, was watching the Ice hockey and the ice was smooth and bright! HDR takes a bit of tweaking but when you get it right you can feel your skin tanning, will probably end like Homer, a permanent shadow on the wall behind from the brightness ha.

Wow, those crashes suck! I haven't had any, the only issue I've had is that the built in Netflix forgot my wifi settings (until I reset the Netflix app, which is just an option in the Netflix settings and very quick). I haven't done much HDR gaming apart from quickly testing GTS, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

I had the Netflix thing on the new Samsung as well. Reset it & working fine so far

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default Snick's Hi-def Panel Thread - all the juice..

Mine hasn't crashed opening the Home menu since I deleted the 9Go app.
    I think exiting the netflix app before turning off the TV reduces the amount of UI-800-1 errors I get opening netflix, maybe it leaves a port open and uPNP cannot reopen it or something.
    A $5 remote mains foot switch (bunnings) I have in front of my speakers lets me power cycle the TV if required, no more moving speakers to get to the power. Surprisingly the dogs have not trodden on it yet.

Its a 'Crest foot switch' if anoyone needs one, $2 at Target but sold out, I got ripped off, thats damn cheap, doubt I could buy any part of it for that price.

https://www.target.com.au/p/crest-fo...apter/57414423

Last edited by Stonemull; 19-02-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Quote Originally Posted by mudman05 View Post

75 inch or 65 inch? Samsung doesn't make OLEDs.. ? You have confused me Muddy .. do you mean QLED?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Quote Originally Posted by Snickersma View Post
    75 inch or 65 inch? Samsung doesn't make OLEDs.. ? You have confused me Muddy .. do you mean QLED?
    Geez Snicks I donít know. Just looked & itís the Q7 4K QLED in 75in & so far its great