Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The JUDO Thread - with added UFC / MMA goodness

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Thumbs up The JUDO Thread - with added UFC / MMA goodness

Ok - Ive been doing judo for over 30 years now (started when I was 6 yo) and I've represented Tassie numerous times in National Comps and a couple of friendly international events when I was like 13... anyway Im a 2nd Dan Black belt and it will always be my favourite...

Some things you might not know about Judo...

- Judo is usually one of the first Olympic events to sell out of tickets because of its worldwide popularity. There are 202 member nations in the International Olympic Committee, and 187 of them are members of the International Judo Federation.
    - The Red and White Judo tournament was started by Jigoro Kano in 1884 and continues today as one of the longest running sports events in the world, predating the Modern Olympic Games by 12 years.
    - According to the American College of Sports Medicine, Judo is the safest contact sport for children under age 13.
    - According to the International Judo Federation (IJF), Judo is the most widely practiced martial art in the world.
    - Traditionally, Judo has the highest level of international participation of any Olympic Sport with approximately 70 countries entered. Currently, there are 187 member National Federations in the IJF, and approximately 100 countries that participate at the World Championships.
    - The global nature of judo today is revealed by the number of countries with truly world-class athletes. More than 45 different countries have earned Olympic medals in judo, and 31 different countries have champions who have won gold medals in either the Olympics or World Championships.
    - U.S. Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell was captain of the 1964 US Olympic Judo Team.
    Former WWF Wrestler "Bad News Brown" is Allen Coage, 1976 Olympic Bronze Medalist.
    Actress Hillary Wolf (Home Alone I and II) was a Judo Olympian for the USA, and actor James Cagney was a black belt in Judo.
    - President Theodore Roosevelt became a brown belt in Judo during his administration and built a small dojo in the White House. Ulysses S. Grant was the first American President to observe a Jujutsu demonstration with Jigoro Kano in 1879.
    William Hague, leader of the Conservative Party in the UK, also practices Judo at the Budokwai in London.
    - Russian President Vladimir Putin, a high ranking black belt, said his favorite Judo techniques are tsuri-komi-goshi and tai-otoshi.
    Last edited by Snickersma; 14-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Default Re: The JUDO Thread

Here's a good vid with some great Ippons... magic..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uPLCHw9QeAA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uPLCHw9QeAA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) CheekyChimpanzee's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    CheekyChimpanzee
    XBLA
    Chimp Daddy

awesome stuff mate!!

i wish i'd kept up with my martial arts.

remind me that you always win our arguments, ok?

Clan Central Member / Other Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Snickersma
    Russian President Vladimir Putin, a high ranking black belt, said his favorite Judo techniques are tsuri-komi-goshi and tai-otoshi.
    He's actually my father, and said no such thing.

Dude ... where's my M16?

oi vlas, kudos on the new mother then (russian ice skater - very flexible)

though she is younger than u...
    [align=center]

Now more neutral than the Swiss

The Caining Toads - State of Origin
    mhale5 - Cage match
    [/align][align=center]

AUF Leader (Retired) AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) YNWA01's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    YNWA01

So Snicks, did you win?????

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Nah man - I won my first two bouts by Ippon (two throws) *and both dudes outweighed me by about 5-10kg so I was doing well *- then my age and lack of fitness kicked in when my youth and figthing spirit was supposed to and I lost the 1st place play-off to a 22 year old!!! *8O.

The match went the full 5 minutes (about 8 in reality with stoppages) and I basically collapsed on the sidelines after it hahaha!!! Only lost by a small score in the end - but just couldnt make the point back after 4 minutes of pain..

...so I ended up coming second in the State (round robin)... not too bad I guess for a 36 year old veteran ... had to ice my knee after it though - got a bit swollen on the right hand side LOL afterwards...Im seriously thinking of giving up the competition judo game as its just too damn hard on my body *:? *8) will be my last competition for a while I reckon.

AUF Leader (Retired) AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) YNWA01's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    YNWA01

Great effort dude. Hope the knee doesn't give you too much trouble. I had to give up club footy (ok, soccer for you Aussie dudes) due to a dodgy medial ligament injury thats never healed properly on my left knee. Still gives me grief now when I bend and stuff. Old age... Isn't it great. *:cry: *:wink:

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

This is one of the first threads I made when the new site started! Ive been doing Judo for over 30 years.. currently a second Dan Black Belt.. have fought in Australian titles reresenting Tassie around 8 times from Junior to Seniors..

Here's a great vid of IPPONS from the Beijing Olympics!!

Awesome sport at the highest level...

http://www.judovision.org/?p=2152

AUF Co-Founder AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) KLAZLA's Avatar
    Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    KLAZLA

ahhhh so this is where all the kool kids have been hangin out!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

.. can you guess where I got Nickerz photo from? *:finga:

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    YNWA01

Officially AUF's most unloved thread... *featuring 5 posts from Snicks from a total of 11, plus input from former "popular" members Vlas / Devon Head & MHale... all we need now is Klaza to post.. oh, wait a minute,. HAHAHAHA. I rest my case!!! *:finga:

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Its the quality of the posts that count... softness can overcome hardness *:finga:

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) kobeson's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    kobeson
    XBLA
    XBOXEATZCOX

LMFAO

poor snicks :goodman:
    Interested in joining --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

I wuv you 2 Kobeson... big hug!! *:goodman:

AUF Friend - 400 Bottles of Beer on the Wall (400+)

Snicks mate i may very well be in tassie next year, well i was in tassie last night mmmm yummy lol, i gotta see you fight mate,it was a shame you couldn't go to that sydney tourney, when are you battling again? Ahh Snicks San,feel the flow, pre empt your enemy, let the Buff power course through your veins......do the miss piggy judo slap hai yah.
    The Blade.......

AUF Co-Founder AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) KLAZLA's Avatar
    Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    KLAZLA

ok this thread jus got considerably gayer, you may not think its possible but it is.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    kobeson
    XBLA
    XBOXEATZCOX

that 14 yo sumo chick would hand snicks his own asshole on a plate...

Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    KLAZLA

and snicks would secks it than eat it.

umm that was a chick?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Quote Originally Posted by SmajsII\";p=\"49269
    Snicks mate i may very well be in tassie next year, well i was in tassie last night mmmm yummy lol, i gotta see you fight mate,it was a shame you couldn't go to that sydney tourney, when are you battling again? Ahh Snicks San,feel the flow, pre empt your enemy, let the Buff power course through your veins......do the miss piggy judo slap hai yah.
    ..actually I've bascially retired Smajs ..there's *tournament in about 3 weeks in Northern tassie in a few weeks I could enter but probably wont. Too worried about getting injured + just not really fit enough to make it enjoyable... and you dont want to enter these types of comp un-prepared unless you seriously do NOT want to enjoy it *

.. would be good to catch up with ya in Tassie if you make it down here... Im trying to organsie an AUF conference at my place in the next 6 months!!

.. Judo gay?!?!? Grown men (and women) rolling around in cotton gear rubbing their bodies / saliva / sweat against each other .... no whey!! *

Roast Chicken Enforcer AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) LeFarns's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    LeFarns
    XBLA
    LeFarns

hmmm, the only thing missing from judo is pillows. I mean you are jumping around playing with each other on rubber mats wearing you pj's......

gay......

hahahahaha

just kidding!!!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    kobeson
    XBLA
    XBOXEATZCOX

LOL @ snicks secksing his own a-hole then eating it...

and yes, SHE is a girl... I know dude... the poor chick - at least she'll be able to buy a man if she becomes sucessful......

(thank f*ck sumovus are keeping this thread entertaining)

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+)

[quote=Snickersma";p="49286]
    Quote Originally Posted by "SmajsII\";p=\"49269":2rdk7b4l

..actually I've bascially retired Smajs ..there's *tournament in about 3 weeks in Northern tassie in a few weeks I could enter but probably wont. Too worried about getting injured + just not really fit enough to make it enjoyable... and you dont want to enter these types of comp un-prepared unless you seriously do NOT want to enjoy it *

.. would be good to catch up with ya in Tassie if you make it down here... Im trying to organsie an AUF conference at my place in the next 6 months!!

.. Judo gay?!?!? Grown men (and women) rolling around in cotton gear rubbing their bodies / saliva / sweat against each other .... no whey!! *
    [/quote:2rdk7b4l]

I've also done MA for a number of years until recently. Last year I fractured my ankle at training *and had a few xrays, only then did i see the arthritus in my toes and ankle joints. I realized why my ankles, *toes, knuckles and hips were occasionaly sore, all those years of twisting joints, kicking and punching things and *people along with getting punched and kicked. *I threw it in early this year. Didn't want to end up like a few of our older instructors *who can't walk without cracking sounds. I missed it at first but I'm happy doing sweet FA at this stage. It's nice not having to go training, instead the old fingers get a work out on the PS.
    [center:3bhas8nz][/center:3bhas8nz][img]

b]Piss on or Piss off[/b]

Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    KLAZLA

whats not ghey bout two grown men wrestling in ther pyjamas? you serious? we all know what happens in the change rooms after nick

judo boi1: ahh ey you did great out there

judo boi2: oh fanks hunny, your really toned and it showed

judo boi1: oh wow you noticed? you have a really toned ass

judo boi2: OH EM GEE you weally fink sow? u wanna touch it?

judo boi1: you bet i do!

[insert gay secks here]

judo boi2: hmm i wonder how im gonna get all this man goo off my face, maybe ill eat my way out!

judo boi1: ill come and help, excuse teh pun meheheh mehehehe mehehehe

judo boi2: mehheheh mehehehe meheheheheh *blows cum bubble* mehehehehe

The Ultimate Saboteur AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) Oridin's Avatar
    Clan
    FV
    PSN
    Oridin

hahahahahaha .... kla you sick fuck!!!!

Last man standing = fail

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    kobeson
    XBLA
    XBOXEATZCOX

geez, that is for real is it... yeah, judo is gay I think too now - I thought maybe it wasn't until I read those dialogues from a real match...

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) UltraRigs's Avatar
    Clan
    wDS

I wanna do some MMA. :supz:
    [wDS]

AUF Friend - 400 Bottles of Beer on the Wall (400+)

The worst self defence is capoiera,when i started it and it is useless, if someone starts shit on a sat night you have to tell em, hang on while i do this handstand & spin....useless, Judo seems like it could actually be a useful form of self defence.
    The Blade.......

Clan
    N/A
    PSN
    KLAZLA

HAHA caiopera stay right there! im gonna punch you once i do a backflip and swing my legs round like im some kinda cripple.

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) UltraRigs's Avatar
    Clan
    wDS

Kickboxing and Jiu-Jitsu is best for real self defence.

Problem is people do sports type Karates but most are useless in a real situation. The moment you get a real hit you forget everything and most fights in real end up on the ground so you need to know how to handle yourself.
    [wDS]