Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Mandy.

That could be awesome, or the worst movie ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Iron Fist season 2 trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Captain Marvel trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Will the real Captain Marvel please stand up.....?

Did anyone else notice Samuel L Jackson turned into an ageless man...not bad for 69 although he looks younger in this movie than he did in Pulp Fiction....
    Stan Lee must be loving all these reboots ! He must be bathing in cash.
    I read somewhere he has a pretty good royalty/honorary contract with Marvel Studios for each and every character although it took court battles I believe, apparently gets 1 mill a year every year as a base, and 1% of global gross movie take (, not bad since Infinity war took 2 Bill globally at the box office.).Of course his cameo's in each movie as well..Although at 95 yrs he won't have a lot of time left to enjoy all that cash unfortunately, his estate will live on through the next ice age though,what a legacy!
    But looks like he's getting fleeced by his carer and such, at the moment with reports of Elder abuse and monetary theft on a large scale..

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

https://youtu.be/Eclj77aXmWs

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Not sure Iím really feeling that Dark Phoenix Trailer. Not that it looks bad, it just doesnít grab me.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Not sure Iím really feeling that Dark Phoenix Trailer. Not that it looks bad, it just doesnít grab me.

By the looks of it doesnít really look like it follows the comics either, even the old cartoon series will probably be better.

Iím gonna wait till axmen join the MCU I think before the X-men movies ever really redeem themselves, which is a shame because I grew up reading X-men comics

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Mrs and I went to an advanced screening of First Man at IMAX last night. Both of us are space nerds and we were both hugely dissapointed.

We ended up leaving about an hour and a half in because I was feeling motion sick. I have never had that in any movie ever. And I've been to plenty of IMAX movies.

They camera work is atrocious. It's a blur of quick cuts, and hand held shakey cam operated by a kid with ADD. They tried to emulate the disorientation of space flight but it just made it unwatchable in places. There were massive sections were you couldn't tell what the fuck was happening because it was so overdone.

Add to that the fact that nearly every single scene is with filmed hand held with the camera 30cm away. I'm not exaggerating. It's virtually every scene. I think I saw about three wide shots for the entire time. Even two people sitting on a couch watching TV will be zoomed six inches from their faces with the camera shaking. It's as though they didn't realise the camera was zoomed in the entire time. Or that tripods exist.

They also went with the old grainy film to make it look like it was shot in the 80's. That's fine in some movies, but in a movie about space I want high definition shots of the majesty of space. They space shots looked like crap which is one of the main reasons I wanted to see the movie.

They story was slow and boring and the character development was minimal. All the characters were forgettable. Even Armstrong himself. People were dying in the movie and I couldn't have cared less because I didn't even remember who they were. How do you make what is possibly the greatest ever story of human endeavour boring?

There wasn't even much of an attempt to explain the enormous task that they were undertaking. It's just glossed over. So if you know nothing of the moon landing you would get no appreciation of the massive feat that was achieved. At the cinema they had a professor of Astrophysics from Melbourne Uni who gave an excellent ten minute speech before the movie. He talked in layman's terms about what went into landing on the moon, the dangers and things they had to overcome. It gave a good sense of the gravity of the situation. It was information that should have been in the movie.

They took the movie and tried to turn it into artsy crap. It's a case of style over substance. It will probably go on to win academy awards, as the academy loves that kind of shit.

As I said I only watched the first hour and a half so I might have gotten better in the last hour. I'll probably download it when it comes out and watch the last part on a small screen and it might make it a bit more watchable. Fuck you Hollywood for not doing such an incredible story justice.

Oh and Ryan Gosling is a shit actor. An inanimate carbon rod has more personality.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

cheers for that jackal, what a pity, i will skip it in the cinema and its one I would probably have considered.
    i godamn hate shaky cam crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    cheers for that jackal, what a pity, i will skip it in the cinema and its one I would probably have considered.
    i godamn hate shaky cam crap.

It may get better in the second half. In saying that the Mrs's colleague was there too and thought it was great, so different tastes I guess. He said the camera work gets better when they get to the actual moon landing.

Quick cuts and shakey Cam are the bane of Hollywood. It only works in really small doses and has ruined a lot of movies for me. It is getting overused in so many movies these days. Seems to be used to cover up terrible action sequences, particuarily for fight scenes in place of proper fight choreography.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Daredevil Season 3 trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Vice Trailer:

Christian Bale is almost unrecognisable, wow. Looks pretty interesting actually, Iím keen to hear their take on the ďhunting accident.Ē

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Mrs and I went to an advanced screening of First Man at IMAX last night. Both of us are space nerds and we were both hugely dissapointed.

We ended up leaving about an hour and a half in because I was feeling motion sick. I have never had that in any movie ever. And I've been to plenty of IMAX movies.

They camera work is atrocious. It's a blur of quick cuts, and hand held shakey cam operated by a kid with ADD. They tried to emulate the disorientation of space flight but it just made it unwatchable in places. There were massive sections were you couldn't tell what the fuck was happening because it was so overdone.

Add to that the fact that nearly every single scene is with filmed hand held with the camera 30cm away. I'm not exaggerating. It's virtually every scene. I think I saw about three wide shots for the entire time. Even two people sitting on a couch watching TV will be zoomed six inches from their faces with the camera shaking. It's as though they didn't realise the camera was zoomed in the entire time. Or that tripods exist.

They also went with the old grainy film to make it look like it was shot in the 80's. That's fine in some movies, but in a movie about space I want high definition shots of the majesty of space. They space shots looked like crap which is one of the main reasons I wanted to see the movie.

They story was slow and boring and the character development was minimal. All the characters were forgettable. Even Armstrong himself. People were dying in the movie and I couldn't have cared less because I didn't even remember who they were. How do you make what is possibly the greatest ever story of human endeavour boring?

There wasn't even much of an attempt to explain the enormous task that they were undertaking. It's just glossed over. So if you know nothing of the moon landing you would get no appreciation of the massive feat that was achieved. At the cinema they had a professor of Astrophysics from Melbourne Uni who gave an excellent ten minute speech before the movie. He talked in layman's terms about what went into landing on the moon, the dangers and things they had to overcome. It gave a good sense of the gravity of the situation. It was information that should have been in the movie.

They took the movie and tried to turn it into artsy crap. It's a case of style over substance. It will probably go on to win academy awards, as the academy loves that kind of shit.

As I said I only watched the first hour and a half so I might have gotten better in the last hour. I'll probably download it when it comes out and watch the last part on a small screen and it might make it a bit more watchable. Fuck you Hollywood for not doing such an incredible story justice.

Oh and Ryan Gosling is a shit actor. An inanimate carbon rod has more personality.

Well September is one of the Hollywood dump months.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Glass trailer #2:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

For the dragonball z fans
    Already looks better then the first broly movie

https://youtu.be/FHgm89hKpXU

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Coen brothers - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Movie and TV Show Trailers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Coen brothers - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Very timely! Iím intrigued.

Iíd never heard of this until last night, but it seems there was an earlier trailer, which I think might do a better job of selling the concept:

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 07-11-2018 at 02:10 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Mars series 2 on netflix coming very soon, like tomorrow if they are releasing worldwide. Can't wait.
    Might watch it for the third time before it comes out.

https://www.humanmars.net/2018/11/na...ages-from.html

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Mars series 1 was good. I have season 2 set to record on Nat geo. Was it good? And do you mean Netflix Aus

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Last edited by SpudRotor; 12-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Yeh is Nat geo it's being released on. So I guess we will get it all in one lump when the season ends.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk