Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 83 of 83

Thread: Your most undesirable WAR movie faults

  1. #61
    AUF Full Member - A #@^&% load of posts!! (6500+) nurfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    6,971
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nurfman
    XBLA
    nurfman11

    Default

    Battleship (with Rihanna)...... When they started up the USS Missouri after 15 or so years decommissioned. I worked steam ships and i can tell you 4hrs NFS (notice for sea) is the minimum a steam ship can take to fire up and get underway and that with all boilers good to go and stokers tending those boiler. To get that ship to sea would at minimum be 2 days no fuel, no feed water so I cry BULLSHIT.
    I actually saw mighty Mo in action and was shown around her by a US sailor all I can say is WOW!

  2. #62
    AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Drace_Sabin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,812
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Drace_Sabin
    XBLA
    you're eX's BOX

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurfman View Post
    Battleship (with Rihanna)......
    Fixed it for ya

    Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using AUF Forums mobile app

  3. #63
    AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) hktk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    458
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hktk
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurfman View Post
    Battleship (with Rihanna)...... When they started up the USS Missouri after 15 or so years decommissioned. I worked steam ships and i can tell you 4hrs NFS (notice for sea) is the minimum a steam ship can take to fire up and get underway and that with all boilers good to go and stokers tending those boiler. To get that ship to sea would at minimum be 2 days no fuel, no feed water so I cry BULLSHIT.
    I actually saw mighty Mo in action and was shown around her by a US sailor all I can say is WOW!
    That whole movie was an inaccuracy.

  4. #64
    AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,453
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurfman View Post
    . I worked steam ships


    Quote Originally Posted by hktk View Post
    That whole movie was an inaccuracy.
    The term 'movie' is an inaccuracy.

  5. #65
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,104
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

    Default

    Soldier recieves a Dear John , thinks life isn't worth it and takes stupid risks in battle as he no longer cares or has fear.

    Somehow survives said risks and then comes to the conclusion that it is worth living after all and just as he arrives at his realisation boom headshot.

  6. #66
    AUF Full Member - Base Install lithgowyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NSW Central Coast
    Posts
    91
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lithgowyeti
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    We Were Soliders, the one with Mel Gibson, I didn't know that M16 had unlimited mags, some of the scenes just kept going, and going , and going

    And i know it's not a war film, but TITANIC, i thought it was poor form the ship sunk in the end

  7. #67
    AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    1,986
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Pearl Harbour. That movie should be against the Geneva Convention.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,260
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MightyRhinox
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lithgowyeti View Post
    We Were Soliders, the one with Mel Gibson, I didn't know that M16 had unlimited mags, some of the scenes just kept going, and going , and going

    And i know it's not a war film, but TITANIC, i thought it was poor form the ship sunk in the end
    Well, the battle of Ia Drang did go on for four days....

    FWIW Pauly Shore's In The Army Now is the best war movie ever.

  9. #69
    AUF Full Member - Base Install lithgowyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NSW Central Coast
    Posts
    91
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lithgowyeti
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyRhinox View Post
    Well, the battle of Ia Drang did go on for four days....

    FWIW Pauly Shore's In The Army Now is the best war movie ever.
    I meant the Ammo (could of explained it better, sorry folks), not the battle, i knew the battle went for several days, lol.

  10. #70
    Dude ... where's my M16?
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    84
    Clan
    ANZC
    PSN
    AHideousThing
    XBLA
    Mr Worry

    Default

    I could do without certain countries making "historical" films in which the heroes come from that country, whereas in reality they came from an entirely different country.
    Mentioning no names and pointing no fingers, of course.

  11. #71
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) krunt0xen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,073
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lithgowyeti View Post
    We Were Soliders, the one with Mel Gibson, I didn't know that M16 had unlimited mags, some of the scenes just kept going, and going , and going
    In its defense, my old man (Vietnam vet) reckons that was the most realistic depiction of that war he's seen come out of Hollywood.

  12. #72
    AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LAGTOWN, Rageville
    Posts
    8,684
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krunt0xen View Post
    In its defense, my old man (Vietnam vet) reckons that was the most realistic depiction of that war he's seen come out of Hollywood.
    My old man also said its the closest one he's seen about Vietnam. He is also a Vietnam vet. Although he said its still bullshit.


    Sent from an iPad 1 on iOs7
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

  13. #73
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) krunt0xen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,073
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadoxian View Post
    My old man also said its the closest one he's seen about Vietnam. He is also a Vietnam vet. Although he said its still bullshit.


    Sent from an iPad 1 on iOs7
    Lol yup. They all are ultimately.

  14. #74
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,627
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHideousThing View Post
    I could do without certain countries making "historical" films in which the heroes come from that country, whereas in reality they came from an entirely different country.
    Mentioning no names and pointing no fingers, of course.
    Wouldn't involve a Uboat by any chance, would it?


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  15. #75
    AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    6,327
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

    Default

    Dr Strangelove ..

    they got the doomsday machine details wrong.

    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...viet-doomsday/




    Not as noisy as Des

  16. #76
    AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,473
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

    Default

    Kubrick did alright for himself making the film in 1964. That article states the machine was built during the 70s and completed in '85.


    Why the Das Boot hate?

  17. #77
    AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    6,327
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

    Default

    lol, i know ms.
    the point was the guy is a freaking genius and possibly a time travelling one..

    also .. that thing is still operational and out there somewhere..





    Not as noisy as Des

  18. #78
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,627
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams View Post
    Why the Das Boot hate?
    Wrong film Otis


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  19. #79
    AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LAGTOWN, Rageville
    Posts
    8,684
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Wrong film Otis


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    U-571?


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

  20. #80
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,627
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadoxian View Post
    U-571?


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    I suspect that's the one hideous was talking about


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  21. #81
    AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LAGTOWN, Rageville
    Posts
    8,684
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

    Default

    Ah yeah I thought so just wanted to make sure I was on the right track lol


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

  22. #82
    AUF Full Member - A #@^&% load of posts!! (6500+) Joshizzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    OG
    Posts
    6,512
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA
    .

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I suspect that's the one hideous was talking about


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    On a bit of a different tangent but Harrison ford and Liam Neeson playing Russian submarine commanders in K19 The widow maker.

    Horrendous accents


    Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app

  23. #83
    Dude ... where's my M16?
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    84
    Clan
    ANZC
    PSN
    AHideousThing
    XBLA
    Mr Worry

    Default

    Yeah, that's the one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •