Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269274275276277278279280 LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,370 of 8375

Thread: The Film Thread.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah thats starting to sound good

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Saw a recent small budget movie called Bushwick, with Dave Bautista in it. It's a Division style 'chaos on the streets' type of movie, filmed on steadycam, with minimal cuts and made to look like one continuous take. It wasn't too bad; the central premise was utterly ridiculous, but it did make for an interesting movie and scenes. It was like a zombie movie without the zombies, but probably my favourite thing about it was just seeing the outer suburbs of New York from street level.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

What was Dave Bautistas acting like in a more serious role? I like him as a comedy role tbh.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    What was Dave Bautistas acting like in a more serious role? I like him as a comedy role tbh.

Judging by his brief appearance at the start of Blade Runner he seems to have dramatic range. His gravelly voice lends itself to dramatic acting. I like him.

Both him and Dwayne Johnson surprised me with their acting ability considering their WWE beginnings. Especially compared to John Cena.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Judging by his brief appearance at the start of Blade Runner he seems to have dramatic range. His gravelly voice lends itself to dramatic acting. I like him.

Both him and Dwayne Johnson surprised me with their acting ability considering their WWE beginnings. Especially compared to John Cena.

Well said jackal, those are pretty much my sentiments as well. I will say that Bushwick isn't a very good movie for judging his acting though, because there isn't really that much dialogue, and his character is supposed to be a loner.

Also I'm not saying that people should go out and see Bushwick, it's more of a curiosity than anything else. I only mentioned it because it was a bit unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Well said jackal, those are pretty much my sentiments as well. I will say that Bushwick isn't a very good movie for judging his acting though, because there isn't really that much dialogue, and his character is supposed to be a loner.

Also I'm not saying that people should go out and see Bushwick, it's more of a curiosity than anything else. I only mentioned it because it was a bit unusual.

Fair enough, at least itís not a straight to DVD affair like some wrestler/actors...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post

I like Dwayne Johnson, he can be a bit stiff in his acting but dude is funny as shit, heís a good role model as well I think.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Never doubt the wrestler acting clout.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

I fucking rated Bushwick not because of its very nifty screenplay...

But because Aesop Rock did the sound track.

Fuck yyyeeeaaahhhhhbooiiiii

I also very enjoyed the film. (Agree with Stiffer on non believer story though wtf)

Pretty sure I saw it on the "Netflix", so clannies with the flix should get down.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    I fucking rated Bushwick not because of its very nifty screenplay...

But because Aesop Rock did the sound track.

Fuck yyyeeeaaahhhhhbooiiiii

I also very enjoyed the film. (Agree with Stiffer on non believer story though wtf)

Pretty sure I saw it on the "Netflix", so clannies with the flix should get down.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I should've mentioned the soundtrack, with a movie like that the music is crucial to maintaining interest. I'm actually listening to Supercell right now on Spotify lol.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

If anyone is interested in Westerns, perhaps in anticipation of Red Dead then you should check out these three lesser known but excellent films.

The Great Silence (1968)

One of my top 5 Westerns of all time and the best film I have seen this year. Do not let the fact that this is 50 years old fool you, Tarantino would kill to make a film such as this, the atmosphere is almost too cool and not just because it is a western set in the snow.

It follows the protagonist dubbed Silence, a hunter of hunters. Called such because silence befalls those who cross his path. He has a penchant for shooting the thumbs off of his foes. after all, bullets speak louder than words.

The antagonist is Loco (literally) a ruthless bounty hunter, he enjoys the kill almost more than the money.

Throw in an excellent female lead, an amazing soundtrack and one of the greatest endings in cinema history and you have a masterpiece of forgotten film.

The others.

Duck You Sucker (1971)

So good, this film has almost everything you could want. For Red Dead Redemption in Mexico, this is how the revolution should have been portrayed.

Trailer

A slightly different take on the genre with this, if you wanna be entertained then watch.

The Good, the Bad, the Weird. (2008)

A Korean Western, yet so much more.

Trailer

And just for the sake of fun, go watch Tremors (1990)

Kevin Bacon in a sort of Jaws in the desert, resistance is futile.
    Last edited by Smajs; 02-07-2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: E

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I saw Ant-Man And The Wasp tonight and really enjoyed it. The comedy wasn't quite as good as the first movie, but the action and special effects were a step up I thought.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The Predator collection is headed to 4k UHD next week, so many one liners, the original is an all time classic.

I thought this collection vid was cool.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    The Predator collection is headed to 4k UHD next week, so many one liners, the original is an all time classic.

I thought this collection vid was cool.

"Your one ugly motherfucker"

Still one of my all time favourite movies.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Saw Upgrade tonight...this is the type of film you have to see for yourself but man, well here is the trailer.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Huh, that one slipped under the radar and looks pretty damn ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Preparing for the new Predator movie, I decided to watch the first two. However, in the first one I noticed something weird. In the battle scene at the drug cartels hideout, there is a iconic scene where Arnie impales a fighter on a wooden pole and says ďstick aroundĒ. However on my BluRay copy, that scene is deleted. He starts to spin around and then it cuts. So I checked my DVD copy... the same thing, the scene is deleted. I rang a mate and he checked his DVD copy... scene deleted.

How weird is that. I have no idea why it would have been deleted. You see Jesse Venturaís chest get blown blown open, Carl Weathers arm get chopped off with blood spurting out. Bill Dukes head get blown off and blood spurt into the camera lens, so it canít be cut due to violence or gore.

So has anyone else come across this?

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Preparing for the new Predator movie, I decided to watch the first two. However, in the first one I noticed something weird. In the battle scene at the drug cartels hideout, there is a iconic scene where Arnie impales a fighter on a wooden pole and says “stick around”. However on my BluRay copy, that scene is deleted. He starts to spin around and then it cuts. So I checked my DVD copy... the same thing, the scene is deleted. I rang a mate and he checked his DVD copy... scene deleted.

How weird is that. I have no idea why it would have been deleted. You see Jesse Ventura’s chest get blown blown open, Carl Weathers arm get chopped off with blood spurting out. Bill Dukes head get blown off and blood spurt into the camera lens, so it can’t be cut due to violence or gore.

So has anyone else come across this?

looking it up, apparantly the AUS DVD version was based on the german cut, so it has a few bits cut.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    looking it up, apparantly the AUS DVD version was based on the german cut, so it has a few bits cut.
    Thatís crazy. Donít know what else is cut though as the rest of the movie is how I remember it. Surprising that pretty famous scene was left off though.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The recent 4K releases are uncut and intact.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I saw Mission Impossible: Fallout and thought it was very good. Maybe not quite as tense as Rogue Nation, but still very good. It was nice to get a proper conclusion to one of the elements from a previous film (and I thought it was handled quite smartly).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I saw Mission Impossible: Fallout and thought it was very good. Maybe not quite as tense as Rogue Nation, but still very good. It was nice to get a proper conclusion to one of the elements from a previous film (and I thought it was handled quite smartly).

Except number 2. The M:I movies have been pretty good.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Except number 2. The M:I movies have been pretty good.

I tend to agree, even though my buddy worked on number 2.

Actually even he agrees lol.

But I wasn't a big fan of Ghost Protocol either.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Caught You were never really here with Joaquin Phoenix. Takes influence from Taxi Driver and Drive for sure, Phoenix is an interesting actor, he exudes an aura of sadness even when he smiles.

Also John Carpenter's Halloween and Christine have both been recently given the 4K treatment. I picked up Halloween, never could get into Christine...or the film either...boom tish.

Anywho, made me go on a bit of a Horror binge, it's October too so I have a few to check out.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor, itís a shame he doesnít work more.

I recently rewatched Ghost In The Shell (the Scarlett Johansson movie) and stick by what I said at the time: in spite of all the hate it got, I thought it was a very good movie and Johansson and that Danish guy were both really good in roles that were a little out of the ordinary, as was the rest of the cast for the most part.

I also saw Wonder Woman for the first time. It was pretty good, Gal Gadot and Chris Pine are both very likeable on screen, and David Thewliss is a great actor too. I still feel like DC donít really have their shit together (apart from the Nolan Batman movies), but this was probably the closest theyíve come otherwise.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I have not seen the live action Ghost in The Shell yet, seems many formed opinions about it before hand because of the supposed white washing, going into a film, or any sort of artistic expression, with preconceived notions on what it should and shouldn't adhere to is pretty narrow minded imo, it happens in a lot of art forms nowadays, people feel ownership over a source material and want it, be it an actor, musician, book, or film etc, to comply with how they feel it should be, or what they want out of it. If it dares to veer too far off their guidelines it destroys their illusions of a narrative.

For me a role should go to one who will bring the character to life the most, I thought that the woman from the Villianess would have done that role justice too.

Also, apparently Takeshi Kitano only has a small role, would have liked to see him get a bit more western appeal, fantastic director/actor.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I have not seen the live action Ghost in The Shell yet, seems many formed opinions about it before hand because of the supposed white washing, going into a film, or any sort of artistic expression, with preconceived notions on what it should and shouldn't adhere to is pretty narrow minded imo, it happens in a lot of art forms nowadays, people feel ownership over a source material and want it, be it an actor, musician, book, or film etc, to comply with how they feel it should be, or what they want out of it. If it dares to veer too far off their guidelines it destroys their illusions of a narrative.

For me a role should go to one who will bring the character to life the most, I thought that the woman from the Villianess would have done that role justice too.

Also, apparently Takeshi Kitano only has a small role, would have liked to see him get a bit more western appeal, fantastic director/actor.
    Beat has a pretty substantial role Iíd say. Not a lot of screen time, but well and truly the focus when heís there.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Here is a great short film, 12 minutes.

Roddy Piper should have done more films.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Deadwood movie finally begins filming.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/deadwoo...ch-1202496154/

The indelible characters of the series are reunited after 10 years to celebrate South Dakotaís statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I caught Mandy, yes, that is an experience. I don't know if it was a good or bad film though.

Also I watched a film that had an amazing premise.

A man dedicates his life to his work, foregoing other aspects of life. One day he is told that his services are no longer required so he drifts from day to day in his small apartment searching for a reason to wake up each day.

After a while of this dreary, almost unconscious existence, he decides he has had enough and sets out on a plan to end his life.

He tries a variety of methods to end himself but fails each time, unable to deal with another failed attempt he wanders the streets at night and finds a sanctuary of sorts to his suffering, a seedy bar where the criminals congregate.

Inside he employs the services of a gangster and informs them that he wishes to hire a Hitman, the target being himself. They agree to the fee and inform him that within the month he will be killed, he will not know when or how, or by whom.

Now, unburdened by the weight of his life on his shoulders, he goes to the local bar to celebrate his demise. While drinking he meets a mysterious woman and his sudden freedom from the fear of life has given him the courage to talk to her, he gets her a drink and they talk all night.

Over the course of the next week he sees her several more times, after each meeting his shoulders raise more, his chin ever slightly more higher, she has found a liberated man without a care in him, and he has found a reason to care in her, ironically, now that he has signed away his life, he has finally found something to live for.

Soon the shadow of the killer drifts into the picture, he stalks his target and finds where the woman lives, she pleads with him to go back on the deal, but the killer has already spent his take, he has a family and he needs money to provide for, another irony is that the killer too has a death sentence hanging above him, a terminal disease.

As he has given the money to his family already he must go through with the hit, those who hired him know of his family so the consequences would prove fatal to them as well should he pull out now.

So here you have a killer who has to succeed to see his family survive before he dies, and a target who finally wants to live after wanting to die. Throw in a woman who has finally found what she has been searching for and some bumbling crooks eager to up their place on the food chain and usurp their boss, you would think you would have the recipe for an amazing film...yeah, you'd think so.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

err, does this amazing fillum have a name ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk