AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    That sucks! Did you get a refund on your ticket? I remember seeing the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and they showed the first 5 minutes or so in the wrong aspect ratio. When we complained afterwards (we weren't dicks about it or anything, just made sure they knew) they gave us free tickets, which was nice.

I feel like the writing on TLJ was what let it down. It needed a better script.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    If you think about that movie there's a whole list of things you could pick to pieces but the three things that I had most problems with were.

Apologies in advance for massive rant...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lex_stone_76; 09-01-2018 at 04:22 PM.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

That sucks! Did you get a refund on your ticket? I remember seeing the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and they showed the first 5 minutes or so in the wrong aspect ratio. When we complained afterwards (we weren't dicks about it or anything, just made sure they knew) they gave us free tickets, which was nice.

I feel like the writing on TLJ was what let it down. It needed a better script.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    didn't bother. after about 2 minutes of everyone awkwardly looking around a guy came in and said they had a powersurge and were going to rewind it a bit. I did get to finish the movie, but it just wasn't as engrossing as it should have been after that. The screen went off right at
    It's a whole different scene when it's just the audio lol.

As for the movie itself, I feel it was mostly a director/writer problem. JJ abrams and Rian Johnson just had way too different opinions on where it should go.
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 09-01-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Soooo...have been thinking about this for the last week or so...I enjoyed the Last Jedi in the cinema, but some inconsistencies / plot holes bothered me while I was watching it. Afterwards I was thinking about it and more things started to bother me about the various plot lines and I've decided that I have major problems with this movie. Is anyone else in the same boat?
    Yes. Ep 7 sets the scene perfectly for this movie, then Ep 8 literally drops the bundle. I was pretty disappointed with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by howitzur; 09-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Yes. Ep 7 sets the scene perfectly for this movie, then Ep 8 literally drops the bundle. I was pretty disappointed with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yep you're spot on mate, especially with the comment about the director! Have read Disney / Lucasfilm are going to give him a complete new trilogy to fuck up I mean direct, can't believe it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

c'mon, plot holes, ludicrous storylines, dead ends and crap characters are a Star Wars forte, cough, jar jar, cough.

FWIW .. Mark Hamill agrees with you Lex, contains spoilers if you ain't seen the movie folks.

https://youtu.be/gYIAVvNH8rE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

At the risk of getting death threats, I honestly don't know how Star wars has held such a staunch following as it has for so long.

There have been more shit movies than good ones in the series yet people keep shelling out billions to see it.

The first one was ok. Empire was a masterpiece, Return Of the Jedi was good, the next three were Fucking terrible, the last one was ok, and the new one by accounts is crap.

I appreciate that at the time the first three were revolutionary, but since then it's been like flogging a dead horse. They should have stopped after the original three.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams View Post
    Does anyone know the title of a stuntman/daredevil movie that came out a few years ago. The ending was the guy finishing his stunt in a stadium and then chasing his girl down a highway because they had a fight.

May not be about stuntpeople at all.
    I think this was Ghost Rider.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams View Post
    I think this was Ghost Rider.
    I got the Blu-ray of that movie for free with my phat OG PS3.

Still haven't watched it.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Ghost rider is a must see .. once anyway.
    Rebel Wilsons first rivetting hollywood appearance as 'girl in alley'.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Been on A John Carpentar journey this past week, The Thing, They Live, and Assault on Precinct 13 are all excellent, Big Trouble in Little China still brings a wide grin to my face, never fails to improve my mood.

Watched Prince of Darkness on Sunday, I think this film is a bit misunderstood/underrated.

Also, there was an anthology that was set up to be a TV series called Body Bags, only three episodes made though

The Gas Station
    Hair
    Eyes

The Gas Station has an amazing little social piece where two customers ask the woman about what she is studying. Judging a book by it's cover.

Hair is hilarious. Stacey Keach ftw!

Eyes, Mark Hamill can act, surprised.

You can watch the entire film on youtube.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Red Rock West (1993)

Nic Cage plays a man in search of work, when one offer falls through he falls into another, in an altogether more perilous profession.
    Dennis Hopper also comes to town for work, too many cooks may spoil the broth.

This is an underrated film for sure.

Near Dark (1987)

Bill Paxton
    Lance Henrikson
    The terror of the night!

Both excellent films.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

where do you get these old gems ?
    I am thinking you skulk around St Vinnies with a bag of gold coins.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Black panther, good movie. Definitely one of the better MCU villians
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Black panther, good movie. Definitely one of the better MCU villians
    Yeah I really enjoyed it, I thought the pacing was great and there was a nice level of character development. Some of the people I saw it with found it a bit slow, but I don't know what movie they watched lol. It took a very outlandish concept and made it feel really believable. The only possible knock I could give it would be that the music choices were slightly cliched in places.

I also saw Bright. It got panned by the critics, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was a cool concept and I thought they executed it well. Joel Edgerton was fantastic in it.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I actually really enjoyed Bright as well, itís something different and a direction Hollywood should try to go rather than rehashing franchises over and over.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Bright was awesome, shoot the critics.
    Had a grin or a frown on my face the whole movie, sometimes both.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Bowfinger is actually pretty good.

Devil in a Blue Dress is good too, Don Cheadle is a friend to fear.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The People Under the Stairs.

An odd tone, entertaining though.

Finally got around to seeing some more of Buster Keaton's work with

Steamboat Bill Jr and Our Hospitality.

Man I love these films, I could watch Keaton and Chaplin all day. Remastered releases have so much depth and clarity, truly shows off their masterful work and impeccable timing.

The famous storm sequence from Steamboat Bill Jr is incredible, I think Manny mentioned it before.
    The train scene in Our Hospitality is hilarious, an obstacle on the track? just move the track ha ha ha. And the plot to kill Willie, but not in the house, genius.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Finally got around to watching some 4k HDR content, honour went to Dunkirk and was...a little underwhelmed. The Air scenes were good and some of the IMAX sequences were neat, didn't really wow me though. As for the film itself, I thought it was only average, my expectations were too high perhaps.

I popped in the Planet Earth 2 UHD and was blown away for sure, I gotta get Baraka in 4K HDR if it exists next.

I am picking up the 4k release of Leon:The Professional as well, apparently it is an impressive showcase for the format. A shame that only the theatrical shorter version of the film is 4K, the unrated extended cut is incredible and a missed opportunity imo.

I also caught the original 1977 version of The Hills Have Eyes. Some great scenes in that, the terrified screaming almost equals The Texas Chainsaw Massacre levels though. I wonder what my neighbours thought hearing that.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Finally got around to watching some 4k HDR content, honour went to Dunkirk and was...a little underwhelmed. The Air scenes were good and some of the IMAX sequences were neat, didn't really wow me though. As for the film itself, I thought it was only average, my expectations were too high perhaps.

I popped in the Planet Earth 2 UHD and was blown away for sure, I gotta get Baraka in 4K HDR if it exists next.

I am picking up the 4k release of Leon:The Professional as well, apparently it is an impressive showcase for the format. A shame that only the theatrical shorter version of the film is 4K, the unrated extended cut is incredible and a missed opportunity imo.

I also caught the original 1977 version of The Hills Have Eyes. Some great scenes in that, the terrified screaming almost equals The Texas Chainsaw Massacre levels though. I wonder what my neighbours thought hearing that.
    What did you pick up to play UHD Blu-rays?

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

What did you pick up to play UHD Blu-rays?

I think it is the Sony X800, went back to Bing Lee a few days after I picked up the TV and with the 10% Bonus gift card it was only $250 or so.
    I still have some 3D Blurays and DVDs so this was also a factor.

Bluray upscaling I need to try out but so far so good, pretty slick looking, too bad the Pro doesn't support 4k Bluray though.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

All right, I think I have seen the most fucked up, hilarious and crazy low budget film so far this year, Brain Damage (1988).

The special effects are extremely cheap and the acting is at times woeful but the imagination is fantastic, the visual are mind bending and it has a killer 80's soundtrack.

There are many memorable scenes in the uncut version,
    but I think this scene sums up this film pretty well.

Bonus kick arse theme music with sax!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I remember getting a 3 day rental of that and watching it like 5 times when various friends showed up, classic.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    I remember getting a 3 day rental of that and watching it like 5 times when various friends showed up, classic.

The same director also made Basket Case as well, about a man who carries his Siamese twin around in a wicker basket. That film always reminds me of the X-Files episode 'Humbug', great episode with a similar antagonist.

Also if anybody enjoyed the games Limbo and Inside, they might like this animated film,

Birdboy: The Forgotten Children. Pretty haunting.

Last edited by Smajs; 28-03-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Speeeling, me cantttt.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Saw A Quiet Place tonight, thought it was well done. It's not a completely alien concept in horror movies - far from it - but it still felt like something new and different, which is nice. I'm not really a big horror fan, but I thought the tension in this was great and it never resorted to any cheap tricks. Solid film.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Saw A Quiet Place tonight, thought it was well done. It's not a completely alien concept in horror movies - far from it - but it still felt like something new and different, which is nice. I'm not really a big horror fan, but I thought the tension in this was great and it never resorted to any cheap tricks. Solid film.

I havenít seen a bad review about it yet, canít wait to see it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Anybody seen Ready Player One ? is it a cinema thing or wait for Netflix, dvd etc ?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    I havenít seen a bad review about it yet, canít wait to see it.
    It's no The Descent, so temper your expectations is my advice. It's solid, but not amazing.

Anybody seen Ready Player One ? is it a cinema thing or wait for Netflix, dvd etc ?
    I'm curious as well. It seems like a good big screen spectacle, but some of the special effects seemed a bit 'how ya goin' to me.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Brother went and saw it and said it's a gamers heaven to watch.

It's no The Descent, so temper your expectations is my advice. It's solid, but not amazing.

I'm curious as well. It seems like a good big screen spectacle, but some of the special effects seemed a bit 'how ya goin' to me.

Havent seen The Decent, will have to add it to the list

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Havent seen The Decent, will have to add it to the list
    Don't watch any trailers or read any reviews/blurbs, it has way more impact going in blind without having a sense of how the movie is going to look or feel. It's a movie about spelunking, which sounds dull, but trust me, they made claustrophobia absolutely terrifying. Sounds weird, but you need to watch that shit ASAP. It's brilliant.

--> CLICK HERE <--