PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most out of my PS4?

Jazig_k
10-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Hi guys,
new member, trying not to actually spam my way to post count...

I remember DMZ'ing my PS3 made a world of difference but can we do that with the PS4? Doesn't seem to do anything. So far with all my pissing about port forwarding and DMZ'ing the best results are just using the 'Quick Setup' method.

Any other improvements to be made?

Stonemull
10-03-2015, 03:08 AM
I honestly think it comes down more to the router than it does the PS4, or PS3 for that matter.
years ago, uPNP sucked, now it mostly works, at least for me. I think. still get kicked out of party chat sometimes, i blame rooster.

I spent some time once writing code on a micro to serve https and SNMP requests, it worked on nearly everything except of course the router the client wanted to use.
After spending days wading through wireshark packet logs and writing/rewriting test code I came to the bright conclusion that even though every router will open a web page, the way they do it varys amazingly and they are not always correct. not acknowledging things they should, incorrect information in headers, all sorts of crap.
and thats just a secure web page .. I can't imagine how many ways the router guys could trip over their own shoelaces with lots of port data, but I bet its a lot.

btw, people stopped yelling at me after a few weeks and that little 8 bit web server now runs the cooling fans for aircooled server racks at IBM, HP and the US DoD.

Taperooster
10-03-2015, 04:31 AM
still get kicked out of party chat sometimes, i blame rooster.

Wait what?? So me getting booted out of party chat was your retribution on me, for something i have no control over!!
Youre one evil man Stoney

Stonemull
10-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Wait what?? So me getting booted out of party chat was your retribution on me, for something i have no control over!!
Youre one evil man Stoney

no control huh.
suuuure. Play the victim.
I know how you chickens think.

Chiips
10-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi guys,
new member, trying not to actually spam my way to post count...

I remember DMZ'ing my PS3 made a world of difference but can we do that with the PS4? Doesn't seem to do anything. So far with all my pissing about port forwarding and DMZ'ing the best results are just using the 'Quick Setup' method.

Any other improvements to be made?

Add heaps of other AUFers to your friends list!

Check the forums regular to discuss last night's games, have a rant, that you took a dump, whatever! It'll all add to your enjoyment of ps4 :D

keppida
10-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Add heaps of other AUFers to your friends list!

Check the forums regular to discuss last night's games, have a rant, that you took a dump, whatever! It'll all add to your enjoyment of ps4 :D

I walk around the house in my under wear and sometimes tie a onion to my belt..

Chiips
10-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I walk around the house in my under wear and sometimes tie a onion to my belt..

Wrong thread. The mental health thread is ---> that a way.

But we'll look the other way........ heck why would we wanna stare at your onion.

mmmgilly
10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
I tried putting my ps4 in the DMZ jazig not too long ago, didn't really end well so I gave up, still runs fine with auto settings on NAT 2. What chiips said is correct though, the more people you add, the more you'll get out of your ps4 for sure. Wether you want to play BF4/destiny/dying light or just something completely random and want to chat to someone playing something else, there's a party chat somewhere.

Jazig_k
10-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Gonna have to learn this party chat thing... At work right now so youtube will do it.
The ps4 is faster connection than my PS3 but I figure there's always something else to play with

Taperooster
10-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Gonna have to learn this party chat thing... At work right now so youtube will do it.
The ps4 is faster connection than my PS3 but I figure there's always something else to play with
Party chats a piece of piss. Whilst bf4 is loading i always press the ps button - go to party chat - look for those playing bf4 - if found an theres room (8 player max) i join. If theres no room, i start my own party. I then proceed to call every person in the other party all the names under the sun. Love ya's all dearly [emoji12]

Stonemull
10-03-2015, 07:53 PM
trick with party chat is to check what game it is lol.
also, whose party it is, ie the name, they may not even be in the party as the owner will change when the originator leaaves.
so hit the options button to check who is in it and what game.

Taperooster
10-03-2015, 08:11 PM
also, whose party it is, ie the name, they may not even be in the party as the owner will change when the originator leaaves.
No trick for me, always says under the name if my friends in the party are playing bf4.

keppida
10-03-2015, 08:23 PM

wise words stoneman, i learnt that lesson way back when half the chat party were bf4ing and the other half were off doing some other weird shit.

Stonemull
10-03-2015, 11:44 PM
No trick for me, always says under the name if my friends in the party are playing bf4.

yeh, does now.
I think that was added not that long ago, also only works if the persons name the party room is displaying is on your friends list.
does not show it when you select 'view players'