PDA

View Full Version : How i fixed my PS3

ImDaRAD
29-06-2012, 08:04 PM
My PS3 slim 320gb started running slow and then very slow so i turned it off then back on and still very slow, then i turned it off for about 12 hours then tried to turn it on and the green light goes on but nothing happens, i try to turn it off and it double beeps, so i turn it off by holding the power button for about 10-15 seconds (not sure how long) and it turns off, i try turning it on a couple of times and does the same thing so then i try the recovery/safe mode or whatever its called with the options like restore default settings and rebuild database and none of them work. I ended up not even being able to go to the recovery/safe mode thingy anymore and then i knew it was truly fucked up then. I took out the hard drive and put it back in several times and it never worked.The PS3 was about 4-5 months out of its 12 month warranty so there was nothing i could do but pay something like $150 to send it away to sony.

I was REALLY pissed off by then because now i had a short lived PS3 slim and a short lived Nintendo Wii sitting next to each other.

Now the solution.
I got a cheap second hand hard drive and put it in the PS3 and after a bit of formatting and installing i had my beautiful, sexy, time wasting, unreliable shitty PS3 working again after a bit of downgrading to a cheap 80gb hard drive and losing all my data and game saves and having to reinstall my games again.

Fuck you PlayStation, I love you so much.

ImDaRAD
29-06-2012, 08:08 PM
A tip to everyone who doesn't want to lose their game saves and data.

Back up your data!

Don't make the mistake that i did.

JACKYBOYSLIM
30-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Daily approximately how many hours do you play?
Without a break and stuff, what is the period of time you would have the console running?

guitar_god7007
30-06-2012, 01:00 AM
My playstation is sometimes being loud, and especially on BF3 campaign, whenever i find a checkpoint, it'll freeze for a moment. Is that just part of the game or is my PS3 dying?

ImDaRAD
30-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Daily approximately how many hours do you play?
Without a break and stuff, what is the period of time you would have the console running?

When it happened it was on for about maybe 5 hours a day and was about to be played a lot more but it died the night before the school holidays (good timing or what)