PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS?

rise_against90
18-07-2008, 01:20 PM
why am i getting this problem every single time i play online?

i sign into the ps3 network no problems, almost instantly, but then when i click "Find A Game" the downloading game settings box pops up and stays there for anytime between 5 - 25 minutes and i cant play until this box randomly disappears. is there something that i can do to fix it?

acriu55
18-07-2008, 01:37 PM
i have actually been having this same problem for most of the week. i thought it was just me. it sucks ay

Chiips
18-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I think a few people might have had this problem before... although if I recall, the solutions have been different.

I had the dreaded DGS crashes? once as awhile back. *Fixed it by deleting the installed COD4 files, and reinstalling (downloading) them. *Haven't had a problem since. *But i think some others might offer an alternative solution.

Edit - I've only played COD4 twice? in a month and a bit

KLAZLA
18-07-2008, 01:53 PM
i had this prob before i joined auf, nopw havnt had it since but i get a similar prob with bfbc!!!

strange how it only affects certain people ey.

Tank1252
18-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I had this problem yesterday afternoon/evening for the 1st time. Had to wait 5-15 mins before i could play. Just didn't get the list of games. I couldn't accept the invite that were coming in either. Seemed to go away when i went on for my late night session. Right pain in the rear end. :toimonster:

rise_against90
18-07-2008, 03:59 PM
my prolem has been non stop for a couple of moths :|

I think a few people might have had this problem before... although if I recall, the solutions have been different.

I had the dreaded DGS crashes? once as awhile back. *Fixed it by deleting the installed COD4 files, and reinstalling (downloading) them. *Haven't had a problem since. *But i think some others might offer an alternative solution.

Edit - I've only played COD4 twice? in a month and a bit

how do i go about deleting those files? and will i lose anything?

ARandomNade
18-07-2008, 04:18 PM
i firstly suggest turning off your ps3 and leaving it off and unplugged for and and hour or more

i hear it has something to do with cookies

GraphicX
18-07-2008, 04:37 PM
how long has it been happening for ??

could be related to that idiot that dug up the internet lines in queensland. *i'm in south aus & it's affecting us !! *internet banking went down, during cod4 connection interrupted is coming up alot as well (more than usual anyway)

stieny
18-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I just tried to play a bit of cod but every time i start the game it signs me out of the network (error 80028ED4) Dont know what is doing with this so got the shits now just watching footy and getting drunk. Hope it will work tomorrow :Hangman:

Tank1252
18-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Just got the same thing Stieny, COD is starting to annoy me, the 'download game settings' problem last night, now this tonight. I can sign in in the psn lobby, but as soon as i start COD4 i get that error message & get signed out....GRRRR! :Hangman:

Ok, iv'e investigated...It's not just us stieny, it's happened to a whole bunch of people connected to the AUS psn only, although not everyone. No psn store, no friends list loading properly, and no online gaming (not just COD4) at all. WTFFFF!!! :Hangman:

natures_organics
18-07-2008, 10:42 PM
yeh im gettin unable to connect to activision 33??

vlast said only big pond customers?

stieny
18-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Hope they fix it soon was planning on having a quiet weekend. But with no online gaming could get very messy.
Damn you telstra and PS

stieny
18-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I just tried again same shit but was also getting the unable to connect to activision and also parental control shit WTF. So have decieded to cut it away *:partyman:
well a night of beer and dvd's then.

Miney
18-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I know that Rigs had a similar problem. Not sure that he did anything to really fix it. It was something that would happen one day and not the next.

Have you forwarded your ports, etc. correctly?

rise_against90
19-07-2008, 01:19 AM
i guess xbox live users are laughing at this all *:butthead:

stieny
19-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Jumped online and had no problems all worked fine so Fuck knows what was going on last night,
And Xbox users can laugh all they want at least we dont have to pay to use the PS network.
:supz:

Chiips
19-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't delete the files just yet rise_against.... as you might then need to reinstall the update and then the add-on, could be a real pain in the *:butthead:

Hopefully it sorts itself out

rise_against90
19-07-2008, 03:22 PM
ok
all i did was reset my router and the problem is fixed??
temporary or not im not sure though but i hope it lasts :D

rise_against90
20-07-2008, 11:58 AM
take that back

problem still not solved!

CheekyChimpanzee
20-07-2008, 06:03 PM
i get that sometimes and reset my router to resolve it.

i haven;t had the problem since i opened some ports up on my router (see battlefield bad company forum) but that was pretty recent.

mookison
20-07-2008, 09:54 PM
i got the same error as u nature, im with bigpond
it only did it one though and i signed in straight after the error