PDA

View Full Version : Px3 by turtle beach

French_Maiden
16-10-2011, 08:22 PM
So I dropped my px21 headset the other day. One of the earpieces came off and it didn't seem too bad - they still worked. But I used them today and it's like there is a loose wire cos it drops in and out every second and won't work.

Anyway, I was looking up for a good wireless headset. I know there's the px5's but I didn't really want to spend 300$.

I saw that there are px3's for 150AUD on amazon. Does anyone know anything about these?

Locoevo
16-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I looked at them as well Frenchie they looked ok the thing that put me off though is you gotta use batteries instead of a USB recharge. I could record voice chat as well with them, so I'm still tempted to get them for BF3 & MW3. They are turtle beach so id dare say they are a quality unit. The new Sony ones are wireless as well I believe, check out the headset thread I'm sure someone posted a thing about them a week or 2 ago.

This post is Locoevo approved.

zorkmids03
16-10-2011, 09:43 PM
What I read about the official wireless Sony headsets is that surround sound is not real (doesn't use patented dolby technology or something like that) and it's simulated, so it's not really that good. Other than that, reviewers say its good value for money.

LEBSTAA
16-10-2011, 09:51 PM
I just read this thread and made an impulse purchase: the official Sony 7.1 headset for $99 from Ozgameshop. Can't be bothered thinking about it all too much, but just looked at the price and the generally positive customer reviews on Amazon, so I figured why not :D

AStiffBreeze
16-10-2011, 10:44 PM
I just read this thread and made an impulse purchase: the official Sony 7.1 headset for $99 from Ozgameshop. Can't be bothered thinking about it all too much, but just looked at the price and the generally positive customer reviews on Amazon, so I figured why not :D
All of the reviews of them I've read from people who bought them have been glowing, so much so that I'm thinking about getting a pair myself. You can't really go wrong for the price.

French_Maiden
17-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks everyone. Just bought the Sony ones as suggested. And Also bought a keyboard :D

Rezzix-
17-10-2011, 07:47 AM
I wasn't aware the Sony ones were available yet, can you buy them locally or just from overseas!

French_Maiden
17-10-2011, 08:00 AM
I wasn't aware the Sony ones were available yet, can you buy them locally or just from overseas!

Well I bought them from ozgameshop As someone suggested above.

repercuss
17-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Well I bought them from ozgameshop As someone suggested above.

Which sounds local but is actually in the UK.

I was keen on the official Sonys too but apparently they only work for games and not BDs?

AStiffBreeze
17-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Which sounds local but is actually in the UK.

I was keen on the official Sonys too but apparently they only work for games and not BDs?
Yeah the 7.1 is only for games, it's a stereo headset for everything else; I'm not really sure how much of a difference that really makes though. If you're an audiophile then it seems like the Astro mixamp driving a good stereo headset is the way to go, but it's also very expensive. At all of the other price points I'd have to say that the Sony one looks pretty hard to beat right now.

There's a thread on Neogaf for the Sony headset here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431571

Obviously the thread was started long before they were released, but if you read through the thread post-release you'll see that pretty much everyone who bought them (even the sceptics) are really happy with them, which is a minor miracle (especially at Neogaf).

And yeah Ozgameshop seems to be the best place to get them ATM. They come in and out of stock regularly there but you can ask them to email you when they come back in.

Rezzix-
17-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Awesome, might look at picking up a pair! Thanks for the info guys! Do people buy alot of their games online as well or from local stores, any pro's/cons to either?

Chiips
17-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Awesome, might look at picking up a pair! Thanks for the info guys! Do people buy alot of their games online as well or from local stores, any pro's/cons to either?

I do both. perhaps 50/50?? Just quickly off top of my head:

Local Store:

Pros:
-Get them earlier, sometimes even before release when street date broken!
-Local version -> might be issues of purchasing DLCs etc from overseas
-Physical store to go back and complain to
-Don't like it, take it back within 7 days
-Talk to people rather than email, etc
-Can trade in old games towards new. Special trade in deals etc.
-Second hand games, greatly discounted when clearance
-You can see the game, able to choose case without defects etc
-Can price match
-Could be a con --> but other region's PSN stores are often cheaper!! So your DLC might be cheaper than Aussie store!

Cons:
- Generally more expensive
- Goto physical drive, walk there

Online:

Pros:
-Heaps cheaper (main reason obviously)
-Shop from your computer

Cons:
-Takes longer
-Some local stores don't accept foreign versions for trade in. Most/All stores stipulate in their terms and conditions that they don't accept them, but many stores do anyway. Depending on the the staff you talk to.
- DLC issues. ie purchasing DLC from Aust PSN store won't work.
- Items can get lost. Hopefully it's insured --> some sellers insure, some might not.

Rezzix-
17-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok sweet mate, thanks for the info. Might buy some games online in future.