PDA

View Full Version : Singstar song pack d/l problem. Help!

YNWA01
10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
So my little girl wants to sing some Bon Jovi on Singstar, no problem I say, and go and grab the rock songs pack for her from the PS Store, get all my emails saying purchase made ($10.45!!!), etc.. or figured it would be fine, or so I thought.

Go into the game.. visit purchase history like it tells you do via the SingStore and it is showing as being there. But, when I click on it to go through to access the DL section it no longer shows up. :001_huh:

Anyone got any ideas on this or previous experience of doing it and it not working? First time I've tried and assume I've done something wrong or its fkd up somehow.

Will contact SONY cust service in due course but keen to hear if anyone has any ideas first.

JORDS686
10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Try accessing your purchase history directly from the Playstation store; and downloading from there, rather than in-game. It might be a bug with the game linkup to the PS store.

If you cant see it in the purchase history in the account section of the PS store, it's definitely something that you will need to take up with Sony.

YNWA01
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the guidance Jords.

The song pack is listed in my Transaction History but not as having been downloaded in my Download List (all within the Transaction Management area).Is this the right area, you mentioned Purchase History in the PS store but I can't find that?

nurfman
10-09-2011, 03:10 PM
So my little girl wants to sing some Bon Jovi on Singstar.

Lol are you telling us the truth ? Or are you doing what I do when I buy a non manly game like LBP and say it's for my son and pretend I'm not a gamer ...my hidden shame, ring Sony they will sought it all out mate so you'll be doing a power Ballard by 7pm

JORDS686
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the guidance Jords.

The song pack is listed in my Transaction History but not as having been downloaded in my Download List (all within the Transaction Management area).Is this the right area, you mentioned Purchase History in the PS store but I can't find that?

Shit I just re read my post and it confused me!

From memory (I'm at work so cant check) you should be able to go to the transaction history and re-download the pack, I'm thinking if you can do that it should then pop up in-game

YNWA01
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah Nurf, you got me... lol. Nah, my girl is in a pop rock phase, better some classic Bon Jovi than the hearing the Final Countdown for the 50th time from one of her discs!

I think we're on the same page Jords but there's no option to re DL anything in Transaction History it just lists previous transaction info. Have emailed SONY with my problem, will see what they say. Fucking annoying though.

edit - just got an email, apparently I need to select Song packs when in Purchase History. Trying it now. Talk about complex tho, or maybe I'm just gettin old.

edit 2 - yep, thats solved it. Jesus HC... could they make it any less obvious to the infrequent SingStar user!!!

Chiips
10-09-2011, 03:41 PM
That's a fairly prompt reply from Sony, well done!!

good to see you've got it sorted...

YNWA01
10-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, was impressed on that too and have said so, have also said they could make the DL process simpler for people too! lol

Chiips
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
How big was that Song Packs button???

The sony support prob sounded friendly n all.... but wonder what he/she was thinking while typing the email :D

JORDS686
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
How big was that Song Packs button???

The sony support prob sounded friendly n all.... but wonder what he/she was thinking while typing the email :D

I think theyre currently busy typing up an instruction guide on how to turn the PS3 on and off...

YNWA01
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QuIV_r4pgac/TT8nyr_oAwI/AAAAAAAAAB0/eit0WrOzMGY/s1600/dasd.jpg