PDA

View Full Version : Does a ps3 cooling fan prevent freezes?

majuniok
27-07-2011, 11:49 AM
My call of duty 6 freezes every time i play it. The disk is brand-new and has no scratches at all. I even tried my friends cod 6 and the same problem happened. I can play games like fifa 09, and Oblivion without any problem. I am wondering if cod 6 is too much for my ps3. Would a cooling fan fix my problem? Thanks for the help.

Kacoul-
27-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Well im not not sure my friend who is clearly having a problem and not at all trying to advertise his product. Maybe if your website was legible on that picture i'd be able to take a closer look at the product in question.

nurfman
27-07-2011, 12:04 PM
No you dont need a fan the PS3 has been designed to run with the hardware it has. Sorry to sound like a tool but can you describe your PS3 model and describe how it freezes a bit better, just so we can help you out.Most of us have had PS3’s along time?....Most likely and again im having a guess it will be your blu ray ...dont waste your money on a fan

Kacoul-
27-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Nurf its clearly someone just trying to sell there product best to just ignore it and wait for a mod to lock the thread, or you know.....make smart ass responses :D

nurfman
27-07-2011, 12:14 PM
LOL i would of thought it sounds like a fair question and he was showing a link to show the product was about!! , Me i know when im hot i simply reach for my Breezair remote control and breez that bad air away. Remember guys if you not using breezair then your doing it wrong. Ring today for your no obligation quote ...oh and tell them nurf sent ya!

http://www.breezair.com.au/

JORDS686
27-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Haha nice one nurf. Yeh this guy is just a one hit wonder, always makes me suss.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Chiips
27-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Legit or not, here's a good answer either way.

Ok first things first, you do not need a cooling fan. If it is not kept inside a cupboard and is in a WELL VENTILATED area it keeps cool. If you keep the dust off it and its in a well ventilated area theres near no chance of it overheating.

The PS3 has heat reading temperatures and adjusts the speed of the fan accordingly. If the PS3 is getting overheated it automatically turns itself off to try prevent damage. The fan has a number of different speeds which the PS3 adjusts according to how hot the work is.

Most cooling fans do more bad than good. The reason for this is, if you buy a fan that connects to the USB ports to cool it is adding more power drain to the PS3 making it work harder. This in turn overworks the system and it will have a shorter life.

Only buy a fan that has its own power source and dosen't run off the PS3 power is my advice. I would reconmend further though to not to buy a fan at all :). Thats just my advice and I hope I helped!Edit - just a tip to OP. Better get with the times.... COD6 (who even calls it that.... Modern Warfare 2?), FIFA 09, Oblivion.... were so yesterday. I would suggest using COD : Black Ops or Battlefield Bad Company 2 as your ammo :D

L1eutenant
27-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Oblivion.... were so yesterday.

My place or yours? Time to find out who would win a fight... Oblivion .... IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

Chiips
27-07-2011, 01:16 PM
My place or yours?

Can't you keep your flirting with AUFers in just one thread? Besides, Rexxy might get jealous....

drgeebz
27-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Im not sure about cooling, but when I start getting pwnd and I feel my K/D dropping there only one thing that gets me back on track L33T3RADE

PwnazorusRexx
28-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Can't you keep your flirting with AUFers in just one thread? Besides, Rexxy might get jealous....

I'm not even jelly.I am a little

MightyRhinox
28-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Im not sure about cooling, but when I start getting pwnd and I feel my K/D dropping there only one thing that gets me back on track L33T3RADE

You know, I just googled l33t3rade and this thread is the only result on the whole of the internets. Congrats Drgeebz, you seem to have birthed something.

drgeebz
28-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Awesome, time to patent that shit and get brewing. The secret ingredient will be meth, it will make monster energy drink look like babies milk. .

CheekyChimpanzee
28-07-2011, 01:39 PM
No you dont need a fan the PS3 has been designed to run with the hardware it has. Sorry to sound like a tool but can you describe your PS3 model and describe how it freezes a bit better, just so we can help you out.Most of us have had PS3’s along time?....Most likely and again im having a guess it will be your blu ray ...dont waste your money on a fan

^^ This.

I've dabbled with add-on cooling mechanisms, they don't change a thing, other than add MORE ambient lighting to your setup.

JORDS686
28-07-2011, 05:39 PM
My PS3 is on more often than not. Between gaming and play tv it gets a hammering. I have it sitting on top of my entertainment unit so it in an open ventilated area, and it never gets hot. After a mammoth game session it'll get mildly warm, but thats it. Add on fans are a total waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY
28-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I would hazard a guess that it is a buggy game save/update file on your HDD. I have heard the resolution is to wipe the game data and reinstall. NOTE: I have never tried this and cannot guarantee you will keep your ranks etc. But that is what I heard may fix your problem.