PDA

View Full Version : Remove scratches from blu ray?

nurfman
24-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Firstly i should of titled it removing,

I know some of you guys treat your games like theyre kids. I do too but i also have kids who treat the games like shit ...ie my 3 yo. When blu ray was released my mate told me you could rub steel wool over them and they would still work. I have 2 copys of BC2 and my son wants to come back and play. Screen loads then freezes i supsect due to a scratch, i also told him he cant use my copy because ive looked after mine. I rang video easy today and was told blu rays arnt as tough as DVD and he will try but cant promise to get the disk working....can anyone give me advice on scratch removal.

On a positive note my 3yo is now trained in all aspects of disk care , luckily for him!

karnage001
24-02-2011, 03:59 PM
if all else fails, do this

go to a games store and buy the same game with scratch warranty, swap the discs when you get home, then return the scratched disk a few days later for your money back. The return period for EB Games is 7 days for a new game and 14 days for a pre-owned one.

nurfman
24-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok i can do this (id already thought of it but didnt know i could do return)...Im thick so we need to slow it down

So if i go into a games shop (who offers scratch warranty) and then buy the game and go home.

At home i put the scratched disk into the new games case and 5 days later walk back into the shop and say i want a refund and btw ive also fucked the disk and theyll say not a prob heres your $50 bucks back?...sounds dangerous but ill consider....I feel that the guy will call all staff members to the counter and theyll know im lying ...whats do i say?

x_Divine__xS
24-02-2011, 05:08 PM
They shouldnt just say your son didnt know and he scratched it, after wall theres no real way they can tell.

karnage001
24-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Ok i can do this (id already thought of it but didnt know i could do return)...Im thick so we need to slow it down

So if i go into a games shop (who offers scratch warranty) and then buy the game and go home.

At home i put the scratched disk into the new games case and 5 days later walk back into the shop and say i want a refund and btw ive also fucked the disk and theyll say not a prob heres your $50 bucks back?...sounds dangerous but ill consider....I feel that the guy will call all staff members to the counter and theyll know im lying ...whats do i say?

if you did that and brought it back to me, i would HAVE to return it for you if you had your reciept, wanted your money back and you made it inside of the return period. the whole 7 trial period thing is really easy (as simple as "if you don't like it, bring it back") and game guarantee is what it is. this certain method of returning isn't common, but knowing it is very handy for getting what you want when the retailers say otherwise.

nurfman
28-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I just can't do it mate besides I just bought a new copy for 32 .....then my mate says I can have his for 20 anyway I've done some research ....best thing is don't have kids secondly DVD can be repaired by a machine that heats the disk and the polycarbonate coating kind of fluxes into the scratch or they abrade the disk and repolish to bugger.Blu rays use a heat resistant poly so heat won't work nor will abrasion,polish because the data stored is layered so abrasion ruins it.Best thing is trying a high grade plastic polish ....but I'm going to try a DVD polish and see anyway now you know

JORDS686
28-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Nurf, go to your local vid shop, for five bucks they will fix it for you, and if they can't they generally won't charge. It's worth a crack. Then, with the money you save you van buy some electrical device that administers a shock when anyone tries to touch the disc. Wind it up to 240 volts, it will only happen once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nurfman
28-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Can't mate as I said they're designed for DVD and won't work on bluray, I even rang video easy to see and he said it probs won't work.

Chiips
28-02-2011, 09:05 PM
if all else fails, do this

go to a games store and buy the same game with scratch warranty, swap the discs when you get home, then return the scratched disk a few days later for your money back. The return period for EB Games is 7 days for a new game and 14 days for a pre-owned one.

Hey Karn, sure that's how scratch warranty work?

Is that what you guys do @ EB?? I was under the impression (my own assumption only) that buying scratch warranty --> if you scratch it, you can take it back and swap it for a new disc.

Warranty normally covers faulty goods, and you receive a replacement or repair under "warranty". Sure you can get a full refund? If that's the case, I'll be tempted to buy this "warranty" every time.... finish the game, scratch the bastard and return it for refund!

nurfman
28-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I think he meant take warranty then new disc then return for 7 day money back, it's rules so you could i just don't want to for a 30 buck game

karnage001
28-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I think he meant take warranty then new disc then return for 7 day money back, it's rules so you could i just don't want to for a 30 buck game

this.

i think i overcomplicated it with scratch warranty. the focus is on the return period. my bad brahs

Smajs
01-03-2011, 01:45 AM
I thought blurays were more scratch resistant ?

However 2 games (Resident Evil 5 and Resistance 2) i had both cracked from the inner circle so i guess they aren't so i always get the disc warranty thingo.

karnage001
01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I thought blurays were more scratch resistant ?

However 2 games (Resident Evil 5 and Resistance 2) i had both cracked from the inner circle so i guess they aren't so i always get the disc warranty thingo.

they should have stuck to vinyl discs. i dont believe is this poly carbonate bs

nurfman
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
they should have stuck to vinyl discs. i dont believe is this poly carbonate bs

I think the quality of blu ray has lessened. When i first heart about blu ray i was told that you could rub steel wool on it and it would work BULLPLOP.

JORDS686
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
They said CD's were indestructible once upon a time, too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 2TB using Tapatalk

nurfman
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I just thought of something ...think I did really pay for scratch protection at EB and i don't have receipt .....karn is this held on the instore pc or do I need to find the receipt,bf3 I'm def getting it for this and I'll laminate the receipt and store it at work