PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Update Settings

CheekyChimpanzee
24-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering who, out of all of you, tell your PS3 to do the auto-update? If you do have it set up to do auto-updates, what time of day do you have it set-up to check?

I wish it could do it without signing into the PSN!!

nurfman
24-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering who, out of all of you, tell your PS3 to do the auto-update? If you do have it set up to do auto-updates, what time of day do you have it set-up to check?

I wish it could do it without signing into the PSN!!

When i would get my net shaped id simply download the update to a USB stick (at work of course) and do it that way because then you can do multiple PS3s. Auto update meh its never worried me updating to implement this.

LeFarns
24-02-2011, 03:42 PM
mine kicks of at 2am to 4am.

nurfman
24-02-2011, 03:46 PM
mine kicks of at 2am to 4am.

Does it turn itself on then off?

LeFarns
24-02-2011, 04:14 PM
yep sure does

CheekyChimpanzee
24-02-2011, 05:49 PM
When i would get my net shaped id simply download the update to a USB stick (at work of course) and do it that way because then you can do multiple PS3s. Auto update meh its never worried me updating to implement this.

The kicker tho with this Nurfs is that it downloads all the updates for all the games you have "game save" files for on your PS3 and, if you don't play the game in 30 days, it auto-deletes the update for the game it downloaded for space management.

I'm more interested in it for this, rather than system updates... because I hate blowing the dust off a game and sticking it in a player to wait 20 minutes to download an update when I might only have 20mins game time... etc.

Thx farnsy!! :-)

asadoxian
25-02-2011, 04:48 AM
Yer but if there is dust on the game you won't have played it in the last 30days so you will still have to update the game?

Does it tell you what games it updated overnight?

CheekyChimpanzee
25-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Yer but if there is dust on the game you won't have played it in the last 30days so you will still have to update the game?

Does it tell you what games it updated overnight?

Yah I ran it once and it downloaded the update files for UC2 and PS Home, which I haven't played in forever.. and it said that if I don't play those games within the next 30 days it will auto-delete the update files. Pretty nifty really. (i.e. the update is downloaded, it just installs it when you run the game).

asadoxian
25-02-2011, 07:25 PM
hrmm i might do that then ey :laugh: cos the same thing shits me mate :D