PDA

View Full Version : PS3 BEEP BEEP BEEP Reset

x_Divine__xS
22-02-2011, 05:05 PM
My ps3 does this nearly everytime i turn it on after a while of not using it, now it does turn on after a while and i mean a while and when it does it has to re detect the HDMI cable and such, but what im wondering is this mean my ps3 is on its way out? its one of the fats 40gb.

Smajs
22-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Is there a clicking sound when it shuts off ? mine made a clicking sound and when i tried to turn it back on it got YLOD.

IT would also freeze up and get the 3 beep reset in the days leading up to YLOD, my advice is to be ready to fork out for a new one or a repair, or you may just get lucky and it'll keep going a bit longer.

nurfman
22-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Well done ive gone through a 60g launch, a 40g (off the back of a truck special) and have had 2 slims for over a year and they still freeze. I spent the $250 and got the 60g refurbished because its a collectors being backwards compat and it sits in its coffin box in my cupboard as a spare or to sell i just dont know....

the kids slim is always reverting back to 576 i think its because of they fact it also gets turned off at the wall ....I dont think your PS3 is dying just being a moody bitch ...but try googling the fault see what you find

x_Divine__xS
22-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Wow i feel for you man, yeah im happy that atleast its still turning on, dont have near the money to buy a new one :/ lol and yeah it kind of clicks its a weird sound hard to describe

JORDS686
22-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Nurf, your doing it wrong.

nurfman
22-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Nurf, your doing it wrong.

The 40 gig I removed 10 DVDs from the tray I had to dismantle to get them out ...no I didn't put them there the laser died a few months later then I replaced that then the graphics chip over heated I found a guy who had a machine to remove and replace the chip and it lasted a month and I gave it to him for spares , chances are if your FAT is still kicking it probably will keep going ...I bought both my slims for 320 ish from David jones of all places and I paid 100 extra for mine and got a 5 year warranty

murph_BTK
22-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Every time I put in either a game or disc it makes a heap of clicking type noises Kbrad n haunting both have heard this and said what the F is that? I tell em it's the PS3, oh that's not good they say ( but at this stage it's still going - 4months now) if you are going to buy a console any type get it from game and get warranty. It's a simple take in & swap no more sending away bullshit type situation. I've done this with my xbox & will do when my beloved 80gb (converted into a 500gb mofo)

x_Divine__xS
22-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Wait so you can go into GAME with your ps3 and trade it for another one? even if its not working? Also can you swap at eb?

Chiips
23-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Wait so you can go into GAME with your ps3 and trade it for another one? even if its not working? Also can you swap at eb?

Have a read through This Thread - about YLOD (http://www.ausforces.com/showthread.php?5432-YLOD-%28Yellow-Light-of-Death%21%21%21%21%29-What-now) if you haven't already.

Some of the info (how much to repair, how much trade in value for busted PS3s) might need updating however. AFAIK, GAME doesn't accept non-functioning PS3s (but you could ask), whereas EB does offer a few tens of dollars for them.

Hopefully your PS3 survives and don't have to look at these options.

asadoxian
23-02-2011, 11:53 AM
lol chiips repping your own thread workin it nice

Chiips
23-02-2011, 11:59 AM
lol, not really mate.... just that it can be helpful. Doesn't matter who wrote it, I'll refer Divine to it as it's could be helpful in this instance!

to be honest, I don't care about rep. I'll prefer to fly under the radar and just make sure the place is working....and questions answered :D My ego is almost as small as my .....

asadoxian
23-02-2011, 12:11 PM
hahaha chiips i'm havin ya on mate yet again our humour paths have crossed and been misread :p

Chiips
23-02-2011, 12:20 PM
ok you got me, I was repping my own thread.... :D

nurfman
23-02-2011, 12:27 PM
My ego is almost as small as my .....

REP? .... Chiips i think you wear your rep on the inside but remember i think your cool and Asa always come across as having a dig when he is really having a laugh ..its just how you read it...your a positive person so read it in a positive light and between the lines and between you and me i think he is deeply in love with you

http://www.kidssundayschool.com/Gradeschool/Bboards/Images/reputation.gif

Chiips
23-02-2011, 12:46 PM
sssssssssh it was meant to be reverse psychology! and think it worked, thanks for the rep Ass man :D

asadoxian
24-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Hahahaha chiips :p

murph_BTK
24-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Only if you get the warranty with the purchase of the console, so find my understanding if my xbox shits itself I can take it back and swap it for a brand new one... I wish I had have done that with the PS3 :(

x_Divine__xS
24-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Well my ps3 is over 3 years old, and have long lost the receipt and such lol