PDA

View Full Version : RIP Little buddy. Flash Flash Beep Beep

repercuss
14-12-2010, 04:12 PM
So my playstation has gone from "OMG your playing a game SPIN FAN TO MAXIMUM LOUDNESS!"
To "Flash Flash Beep Beep"

R.I.P. You little pearler. I made you work hard with minimum rest. But you did good.

This means that:
A) I won't be online until
B) I convince playertwo that I really DO need to buy a new one ASAP (like Tomorrow)

Sad face.

CheekyChimpanzee
14-12-2010, 04:13 PM
that sucks dude. :( RIP your PS3.

Gir283
14-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Losing a loved one is never easy dude... condolences from the dark side.

Sent from my Android using Binary

nurfman
14-12-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2006_november/ps3grill.jpg

Too soon?...yer too soon.

QueenBeak
14-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry for your loss. Makes me shiver though, i have a feeling that my beloved is on its way out. Daughter came rushing in the other day asking if i could hear that plane and i had to tell her it was just the PS.

AStiffBreeze
14-12-2010, 08:11 PM
So my playstation has gone from "OMG your playing a game SPIN FAN TO MAXIMUM LOUDNESS!"
To "Flash Flash Beep Beep"

R.I.P. You little pearler. I made you work hard with minimum rest. But you did good.

This means that:
A) I won't be online until
B) I convince playertwo that I really DO need to buy a new one ASAP (like Tomorrow)

Sad face.

Is it definitely cactus mate? Try unplugging from the power point for a while and waiting for the ambient temp to go down.

Amusing Kill
14-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Bugger buddy,
Any warranty?
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Ranga91
14-12-2010, 09:36 PM
RIP my fans getting louder think my little guys time is coming to an end also.

FRANKSEY
14-12-2010, 10:39 PM
this wouldnt of happened if you had an xbox.. :001_tongue:

French_Maiden
14-12-2010, 10:42 PM
condolances on your loss :'(

repercuss
14-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Is it definitely cactus mate? Try unplugging from the power point for a while and waiting for the ambient temp to go down.

Yeah defo cactus.

Had it powered right off for ages, tried resetting, replugging, replacing the hdd... no joy. [edit] also talked to sony support and they confirmed its almost certainly a hardware fault.

But let ye all not cry your tears for too long... for on the morrow a new slimmer better looking younger one will rise from the ashes!

And my gods I hope it is quieter than this fatty was.

Amusing Kill
15-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Trade it broken one I still think they give u $$ for it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Iunio
15-12-2010, 02:30 AM
how long is the general lifespan seeming to be? i've had mine for around a year and a half now, and i hope it's still got a bit of time left in it. are some models more reliable than others?

NosajEel
15-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Well ive got the original phat its been going strong now for about 3yrs....touch wood

AStiffBreeze
15-12-2010, 10:29 AM
how long is the general lifespan seeming to be? i've had mine for around a year and a half now, and i hope it's still got a bit of time left in it. are some models more reliable than others?

I have a 40GB phat that's been going strong since November 2007, even since I started carrying out crazy experiments on it (touch wood). It's gotten quite a workout in that time, let me tell you.

JORDS686
15-12-2010, 04:26 PM
this wouldnt of happened if you had an xbox.. :001_tongue:

No, you'd just get red rings instead.

That said, I use play tv, so my ps3 is on about 20 hours a day. Wonder how long it'll give me before it dies.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

nurfman
15-12-2010, 04:47 PM

That said, I use play tv, so my ps3 is on about 20 hours a day. Wonder how long it'll give me before it dies.

I do reliability engineering which means i can use mathematics to calculate failures and i can tell you that in a practical sense electronics dont wear out (but they kind of do..lol), the main factor would be caused by heat stress but having said that my mate had a PS2 that sat switched on so much that when we went OS and returned to our pad cockroaches had moved in to bask in its warmth(newtown in Sydney) he then filled it with flyspray which i think must of broken down the lubricants used on the disk drive making it sqeak like nothing else.To my knowledge it never broke down. Me i stopped using Play TV after my launch 60 and kids 40 died. i sold the 40 to my mate and the 60 went in for refurbishment at sony and is currently under my bed as my super duper reserve PS3, i then went and bought 2 new slims and that was over a year and not a prob(slims rock but my 60G launch just looks the biz imo).

My advice is use you vacumn cleaner every few months to suck the dust from the vents the rest is pure arse ...

repercuss
18-12-2010, 05:23 PM
The fatty is dead! LONG LIVE THE FATTY!

The slim sexyness that is a slim.... IS HERE! WOOOOOOOOOOO

And because I am Mr Anality about stuff (everything) I have backed up all saves to USB often enough to only lose a bit of NFS:HP and pretty much bugger all anything else.

[edit]

I actually bought it the next day as most of the people on my friends list would have seen. I'll be getting the old one refurbed at some stage. And re: lifetime it was an old fatty 40GB which lasted a good 3.5-4 years I think.

Gir283
18-12-2010, 08:55 PM

I got an original Xbox when it first came out. And the 360. I've had 1 Red ring that whole time(Total time 10 Years and I think the 3 60 must have been 5 years at least).

JORDS686
18-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Ive got a 360, so does my brother and best mate. All 3 suffered red rings. It was supposedly a fault with a particular build period. Mine was fixed under warranty because for that particular problem it had a 4 year guarantee. I bought my PS3 while I was waiting to get it back and I prefer that now.