PDA

View Full Version : COD MW2 XBOX 360 NAT Settings

Lyndo96
20-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Lately on COD MW2 my NAT settings have been changed to strict, preventing me from joining some private chats, COD sessions, XBOX Live parties and more. I've checked the Internet and everyone has created technologically nerdish advanced tutorials that make no sense to me. Can anyone explain in an idiot proof way how to change NAT settings to open.

N0TORIOUS
20-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I already told u lyndon. Try resetting ur modem. it works everytime for me.

Pretty nerdy huh

Swizz
20-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah resetting your modem works. Same thing happens to me on PS3.

asadoxian
20-09-2010, 06:45 PM
put ur xbox in the dmz on your modem

Lyndo96
20-09-2010, 06:47 PM
put ur xbox in the dmz on your modem

Not too sure wat dmz is, if it refers to an Ethernet connection I use wifi

asadoxian
20-09-2010, 06:49 PM
nope it should be in your modem settings though its done differently for different modems

Lyndo96
20-09-2010, 06:52 PM
If have an ancient modem with no changeable settings. I'll just stick to restarting it for now.

N0TORIOUS
20-09-2010, 10:05 PM
haha ur modem is like a box. Yer restarting works every time. sometimes just ressetting xbox works

Lyndo96
20-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Working now. NAT Open. Thnx for the help eveyone.

CheekyChimpanzee
21-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Not too sure wat dmz is, if it refers to an Ethernet connection I use wifi

DMZ = Demilitarized Zone.

Essentially it means assigning your XBOX a static IP address and then going into your modem's settings (via web-browser or management software) and placing that static IP address outside of all security features of your modem.
Essentially your console would be left hanging in the breeze, completely open to the internet and free of any restrictions of your security setup.

If re-booting the modem does the trick then this might be the simple solution, however setting up a solid DMZ is handy for the long-term.

It's good to be aware of the possibility of IP conflict tho, so if you do set up your DMZ, set your XBOX to have a static IP that is HIGH in the range... that way if someone boots on a laptop or iPhone etc under dynamic ip addressing, they won't get assigned the IP you've set for the XBOX.

rezn8richo
21-09-2010, 05:45 PM
same thing happens to me all the time on PS3. I just exit to the main menu and reconnect to the server. Sometimes that wont work so you have to reset your modem.

Lyndo96
21-09-2010, 08:10 PM
DMZ = Demilitarized Zone.

Essentially it means assigning your XBOX a static IP address and then going into your modem's settings (via web-browser or management software) and placing that static IP address outside of all security features of your modem.
Essentially your console would be left hanging in the breeze, completely open to the internet and free of any restrictions of your security setup.

If re-booting the modem does the trick then this might be the simple solution, however setting up a solid DMZ is handy for the long-term.

It's good to be aware of the possibility of IP conflict tho, so if you do set up your DMZ, set your XBOX to have a static IP that is HIGH in the range... that way if someone boots on a laptop or iPhone etc under dynamic ip addressing, they won't get assigned the IP you've set for the XBOX.

I kinda understand now. This is my guess: pls correct me if I'm wrong but my XBOX is set to an IP adress that is given to any system that randomly joins my home network. Yet I can change it to have it's own personal IP adress with it's own personal settings??? Was that about right??? What is the result of IP conflict anyway, my PC keeps telling me that it is happening in my home network yet nothing really happens...

iOrion
22-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm running a server on my network as the DMZ and Port Forwarding to my XBox instead.

DMZ should immediately fix anything (unless you're connected via ICS)

Check out this:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?category=xboxlive&ID=908874&lcid=1033

and this:

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Xbox_Live_360/Xbox_Live_360index.htm