PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

murph_BTK
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey Guys/gals

Im looking at getting myself the following headset from the States does anyone have any info or doubts about this item as Im not the most savvy tech head. Also if there are any of you that might be interested in getting one too maybe we could do a bulk order and save on post possibly

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px21.aspx

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KklqyDUFoCE"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KklqyDUFoCE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

asadoxian
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
looks pretty good murph i think there is a thread about these already

edit... here ya go http://www.ausforces.com/showthread.php?t=4845&highlight=turtle+beach

Perryparsons
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Ive got a set of these just got em like 3 weeks ago there great for soundwhoreing if your into that kind of things just sorta high quality Mic and great sound if you turn shit up alot. Hmm just make sure you buy off a guy on ebay Tough toy nerds or somthing there preaty good if u pay for the great shipping!

Snickersma
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Just deleted the duplicate thread for this ;)

murph_BTK
12-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Just deleted the duplicate thread for this ;)

woops sorry snic I should really cut down on the beers while on the comp :)

asadoxian
12-07-2010, 09:44 PM
hahahaha murph one in a million mate

AStiffBreeze
13-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Someone in AUF mentioned to me just recently that they'd just bought a Tritton headset. Sadly I can't remember who it was for the life of me, but I'm hoping they see this post and give us their thoughts on them because they seemed very happy with their purchase.

Perryparsons
13-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Klazla Has a tritton headset 5.1 i think Like pro version

AStiffBreeze
13-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Klazla Has a tritton headset 5.1 i think Like pro version
It was somebody in AUF I was speaking to though. Wish I could remember who it was! :6:

Khazii-
13-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm still waiting on my Plantronics 777 to arrive, looking forward to trying it out!

bigfatant
13-07-2010, 09:24 PM
you guys have two posts going about headsets...

http://www.ausforces.com/showthread.php?t=4845&page=2

Anyway, the tritton and sharkoons both have an optical connection so you get the digital 5.1 audio out and a separate USB cable for audio chat. They are pricier but well worth it.

But others I know have said you only two ears, which is very true... ;)

Swizz
14-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Ive got a set of these just got em like 3 weeks ago there great for soundwhoreing

Why are you still so damn bad at the game?

CheekyChimpanzee
15-07-2010, 09:57 AM
ZJrvnNkfReI

These look pretty good too.... gawd... I was going to go the plantronics 777's but now i just don't know....

CheekyChimpanzee
15-07-2010, 10:05 AM
as per bigfatant's post, these look pretty damn swish AND seem to be the least complex in setup:

iLN5WUkgMT4

http://www.sharkoon.com/html/produkte/headsets/x-tatic_digital/index_en.html?id=2

Best prices:
http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-sharkoon-x-tatic-price-198452.html

Drummo
15-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I have the PX21's. They work well, proper stereo makes a difference when playing.
You can actually tell which direction an enemy is coming from.
They are light enough, without being too flimsy, though I haven't sat on them yet.
The cable is long enough to reach around most rooms, and get tangled up in.
There is a certain amount of background or white noise, which can get annoying.
Independant Game/Chat volume control is the best feature. Those whining kids can get too much.
The volume controller has a clip to attach to clothing. If you buy these, I recommend that you use it. The lead from the volume controller to the earphones looks very fragile.

HaUnTiNg_SoUl
15-07-2010, 11:27 AM
After a few reviews saying the TRITTON AX PROs have poor manifacturing I'm now switching to the SHARKOON X-TACTICs comes with the aus power plug in the box so that's cool to

CheekyChimpanzee
15-07-2010, 04:38 PM
After a few reviews saying the TRITTON AX PROs have poor manifacturing I'm now switching to the SHARKOON X-TACTICs comes with the aus power plug in the box so that's cool to

just wish they were wireless... but im thinking the same.. despite their HUUUUGE price tag.

AStiffBreeze
15-07-2010, 05:23 PM
just wish they were wireless... but im thinking the same.. despite their HUUUUGE price tag.

The only downside I can see to this is that being more than stereo, things can get a little trickier for switching between the headset and regular speakers. Previously you would have had to change the PS3 audio output settings between Digital Optical and HDMI audio output every time you plugged/unplugged the headset.

Thankfully firmware 3.0 introduced simultaneous audio output on more than one connector, but never having had to use it before I'm unsure whether you can specify different settings for each connector though; personally I'd want stereo on the HDMI audio (for my TV) and 5.1 on the digital optical for the Sharkoon. I suspect that's not possible.

bigfatant
15-07-2010, 06:03 PM

I'm still going to have to turn up the volume to max to hear you sneaking up and knifing me!

bigfatant
15-07-2010, 06:07 PM
The only downside I can see to this is that being more than stereo, things can get a little trickier for switching between the headset and regular speakers. Previously you would have had to change the PS3 audio output settings between Digital Optical and HDMI audio output every time you plugged/unplugged the headset.

Thankfully firmware 3.0 introduced simultaneous audio output on more than one connector, but never having had to use it before I'm unsure whether you can specify different settings for each connector though; personally I'd want stereo on the HDMI audio (for my TV) and 5.1 on the digital optical for the Sharkoon. I suspect that's not possible.

The actual control box on the sharkoons has 5.1 analogue plugs that could connect to your TV. You can see it on the picture attached.

I've never used it though, as I only ever use my headset..

HaUnTiNg_SoUl
16-07-2010, 01:32 PM
lol yeah price is an issue but I have bin saving for a 5.1 speacker system just for the ps3 and there up around the $700 mark for the one I want so I figure this is a better investment plus iv used 5.1 headphones on my brothers computer playing COD4 they were just awsome for picking sound direction like bullets flying past u could basicly pick exactly where the shots were coming from just by sound.

@Bigfatant I don't think I make noise when I move so iv bin told lol don't think volume will help

CheekyChimpanzee
22-07-2010, 06:10 PM
FUUUUCKKYESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=290456359876&view=all&tid=0

That is a Sharkoon 5.1 X-tatic for $50. Stoked. Slightly older model, but if it works, it works!! :-)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/3/2/2/1/6/webimg/390940423_o.jpg

Killin-ham
23-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Well i got very frustrated without coms in the boosting session last night... Hated listening to everyone else talking and not being able to talk back...
Even worse when i go do the newbie thing and drop a grenade in a house filled full of C4... Tard move. lol..

I got myself a bluetooth wireless just so i can chat to everyone.. But that being said its just a stop gab becasue i love playing the game with headphones on (figure i get better clarity on the sounds) and want to get both game sound and talk coming through the headphones..

So if you guys do order these in and they work nicely let me know :-)
Dont mind cables either... Im playing on a SD tv so my butt is fixed about 3 feet from the screen anyway. lol

CheekyChimpanzee
23-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Well i got very frustrated without coms in the boosting session last night... Hated listening to everyone else talking and not being able to talk back...
Even worse when i go do the newbie thing and drop a grenade in a house filled full of C4... Tard move. lol..

I got myself a bluetooth wireless just so i can chat to everyone.. But that being said its just a stop gab becasue i love playing the game with headphones on (figure i get better clarity on the sounds) and want to get both game sound and talk coming through the headphones..

So if you guys do order these in and they work nicely let me know :-)
Dont mind cables either... Im playing on a SD tv so my butt is fixed about 3 feet from the screen anyway. lol

I'll let you know how these go when they arrive mate... or you can just come over and try them out. Fingers crossed they are okay... I've paid $50 for a $240 set here.... fuck i love eBay.

Wijome
23-07-2010, 04:05 PM
okay you guys have posted many headsets but im just looking for one that is:
Not a big mofo like my microsoft one now, just a lightweight headset.
wireless. the one we have now insists you sit a metre away which means i cant lay on the couch.
and still one with good quality and shittt.

kthxreply.

asadoxian
03-08-2010, 06:06 PM
http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/110/1109044p1.html

IGN article on headsets might be helpful/interesting to some

Spud
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
you guys should all be jealous of my Creative HS 330's...
As of any other Headsets, they should all bow down.
:D

Killin-ham
04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Um not a bad article. I actually love playing with a headset on rather than through my sound system. So at the moment im looking into a nice set that actually sits over the ear rather than on it.. Finding that my ears are getting a bit sore after 4 hours of gaming :-)
Ill let you all know what i end up with and how its going. But at the moment im contemplating sticking with a Bluetooth mic and getting a good set of sterio headphones rather than a headset.

asadoxian
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
yer i love my sorround sound with just my headset for chat and to hear squadmates everything else runs through my 5.1 bc2 sounds freakin awesome and the detail its like i can hear people coming from behind me hahaha

Drace_Sabin
18-08-2010, 09:56 AM
ok so im really looking into this sharkoon headset its quite expensive but after reading some reviews they look like they will last the distance
thoughts????

bigfatant
18-08-2010, 10:16 AM
ok so im really looking into this sharkoon headset its quite expensive but after reading some reviews they look like they will last the distance
thoughts????

I've had my for over a year now which I originally bought from Ebay. It was marginally cheaper but you definitely don't get any warranty from Ebay sellers *GRRRR*.
Anyways for 220 bucks (check on shopbot) and two years warranty from a local supplier is definitely worth it for the quality you get and the control over the volume and mic all in one headset.

I have an issue now with my centre speakers not giving any sound but that is probably because I've sat on/twisted the signal cable somehow. My overseas ebay supplier is ignoring me on warranty support and ebay themselves are hopeless which is giving me the shits but that's what you get from Ebay.

I have had to resort to buying a replacement headset from germany and using the existing SCU (sound control unit) I have already.

Drace_Sabin
18-08-2010, 10:33 AM
cheers mate

bigfatant
25-08-2010, 07:00 PM
There was a good reply in tomshardware forum regarding headsets by CyberDes

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/103808-13-gaming-headset-lots-questions

"The first being the turtle beach x41 wireless 7.1 surround sound headset along with the amigo II USB sound card. This set up will run you about $180 US and will give you PSN chat along with 7.1 dolby digital surround sound.

The second solution I have for you is the astro a30 audio system with mixamp. This set up will give you 5.1 dolby digital surround sound and PSN voice chat through a wired set up. If you go with this option you'll be set back about $230 and it's also one of the few headsets allowed at mlg events.

My third and final solution for you would be to get the tritton ax pro true 5.1 Dolby digital headset. I beleive this will set you back about 200 big big ones but a as they 'you get what you pay for.'

However, if you already own a stereo headset and are just looking for a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound solution, then my I incline the the turtle beach earforce dss which is a portalbe Dolby digital 7.1 decoder box that turns anything with a digital optical port into a Dolby headphone surround sound enable system. "

nurfman
20-09-2010, 12:46 PM
USB or BT headset?

Ive just bought a USB headset Logitech clear chats from DSE for $50. I already had a USB extension cord so it reaches to my chair. Ive owned a few BT headsets and the last one being the Sony SOCOM ones (official PS3 headset) I don’t know about you but after 15 minutes wearing this headset it felt like I had a nail driving through my ear and id have to swap ears. Anyway the Logitech clear chats have soft padding and an easy to understand mute (red light flashing its muted).Anyway I won’t be returning to BT headset ever again. If you want comfort and crystal clear voice comms then consider buying a of usb headset

http://www.techshout.com/images/logitech-clearchat-pc-wireless-headset.jpg

NOTE: This only does voice comms not ingame sound

Chiips
29-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Logitech F540 Wireless Headset

Logitech is releasing a new wireless headset which can connect up to 3 audio sources (PS3, Xbox, etc).

Releasing in US October 2010 ~US$150

Releasing in Europe November 2010

Keep an eye (or ear) out for it

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/09/340x_logitechf540headset.jpg

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/09/logitech-f540-wireless-headset-can-handle-three-inputs-at-once/

New Logitech Wireless Headset F540 for PS3, Xbox 360 Combines Voice Chat and Game Audio

Rechargeable, Multi-Platform Headset Delivers Detailed Stereo Sound
FREMONT, Calif. – Sept. 28, 2010 -Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) unveiled the Logitech® Wireless Headset F540. Designed for console gamers, the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 lets you connect up to three audio devices – including both your PS3™ and Xbox 360® – and delivers wireless stereo audio and voice chat without cords or tangles.

“We set out to build a great wireless headset for people who like to play at night, but need to keep it quiet so they don’t disturb anyone trying to sleep,” said Elliott Chin, Logitech’s senior manager of product marketing for gaming. “The result is an amazing audio experience for console gamers, no matter when they like to play. The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 delivers superior sound coupled with voice chat and does it all without a single cable running between you and your console.”

The Wireless Headset F540 includes a wireless base station with three analogue inputs – making it easy to connect up to three audio devices, including your game console, TV, DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox™, MP3 player or other sources.

All the controls you need are right on the headset – including independent voice and game volume levels, microphone mute, and an input selector that lets you switch between any connected audio source without leaving the couch. For your comfort and convenience, the noise-isolating, over-the-ear design and adjustable padded headband give you an immersive experience and a comfortable fit.

The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 uses 40-mm laser-tuned drivers to deliver detailed stereo sound. And the noise-canceling microphone means you can chat and be heard clearly in your favourite PS3™ and Xbox 360® online games.

Logitech’s 2.4 GHz digital wireless connectivity delivers gaming-grade wireless performance and frees you from living-room tangles. And there’s no need to replace batteries – the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 is rechargeable, delivering up to 10 hours of play time on a single charge. If you do run low on power, you can recharge while you play. (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.)

Drace_Sabin
29-09-2010, 11:22 AM
god damn it i just bought some sharkoons

CheekyChimpanzee
29-09-2010, 11:26 AM
god damn it i just bought some sharkoons

hahaha.. but don't worry.. the sharkoons have true surround sound... that'll be worth the cable.

nurfman
29-09-2010, 01:09 PM
OK one of the smarter members of AUF please explain what this does? Please help!!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5-1-AUDIO-SOUND-DECODER-PS3-XBOX360-HDTV-DM800HD-TV-/260667342041?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item3cb0fbfcd9

Its for my lounge room and Im noise restricted at night (wife) Heres what I want to be able to do!

I was going to buy a cheap amplifier/receiver (no speakers) that has HDMI inputs and outs.
Then hook my PS3 up to the amplifier/receiver and from that hook a surround sound headset into it ……..In my lounge room i only have a LCD TV and a PS3 that’s about it ………any advice please?

Also the Logitech F540 Wireless Headsets can I just plug straight into my PS3 …sharkoons whats the deal?

Drace_Sabin
29-09-2010, 01:39 PM
yeha their 5.1 surround so you plug straight into your ps3 and you get 5.1 surround sound in your ears

nurfman
29-09-2010, 01:43 PM
yeha their 5.1 surround so you plug straight into your ps3 and you get 5.1 surround sound in your ears

Sharkoons?.....lol yes i am blatently that stoooopid

bigfatant
29-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Sharkoons?.....lol yes i am blatently that stoooopid

Plus USB mic in built into the headset for the sharkoons.

nurfman
29-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Plus USB mic in built into the headset for the sharkoons.

my hero ant ....... FFS please post a link to LOL

bigfatant
29-09-2010, 03:57 PM
my hero ant ....... FFS please post a link to LOL

Shop for it on shopbot.com.au and get local warranty. My eBay one i bought over a year ago has it's centre speaker busted somehow so some sounds I can't hear.

nurfman
29-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Plantronics GameCom 777 USB Gaming Headset 5.1 Surround

Its $99 local and delivered ....... if they last a year ill be happy ....anyone got these?

bigfatant
29-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Plantronics GameCom 777 USB Gaming Headset 5.1 Surround

Its $99 local and delivered ....... if they last a year ill be happy ....anyone got these?

THe only problem with these 5.1 USB Gaming headsets is that they're designed for PC and the PS3 doesn't yet combine USB audio with USB chat. SO you'd probably only hear the squad chat but no other audio..

I think the turtle beach PX21s have a stereo connection for audio and USB connection for chat, so you will be able to get both. They're the cheaper that the Sharkoon X-Tatic Digitals which are true 5.1 using the optical out..

http://www.shopbot.com.au/m/?m=sharkoon+digital&x=0&y=0

nurfman
30-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Yer i know ant BUT i still bought the 777 and i have a cunning plan. (feel free to tell me im wrong as i may be) My PS3 is hooked to my TV using HDMI i get sound from my TV speakers.My Tv doesnt have a 3.5 connection. I intend to hook up my scart cord back on my PS3 and with the RCA to 3.5 connectors i bought run "stereo" to my headset from the scart OP. Voice chat still via the USB and HDMI for picture....do you think this will work ...lol ive paid now so i hope so lol

Also I can use the 7.1 surround function on PC and my daughter can use it listening to her crud music but my most cunning part is in December im going to buy the new logitech 540 wireless headset and give the 777 to my son.

Yipee ….it works I just hooked up a mates old PC gaming headset to his Ps3 in stereo and configured his using HDMI and op stereo sound via the original scart then plug into an RCA to 3.5 adaptor ($4) to his headsets ……Voice comms I bought a cruddy aftermarket usb sound card from ebay ($2) so he can then plug voice comms into his PS3. Also I went to jaycar and bought 2 x 3 metre 3.5 extensions and now I can sit anywhere in the room ……….or I could of just bought a pair of sharkoon SP for $99….but im going to hang for the logitechs.

bigfatant
30-09-2010, 06:34 PM
oh i see.. sounds complicated but all good if it works for you..

But USB headset for $99 plus another 90 bucks for this decoder almost makes it to the same price as a set of sharkoons.. hehehe

px21 would be around the same price but connect directly to the ps3 like the sharkoons.
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px21.aspx

Your ebay usb decoder remided me of a turtle beach one..
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/audio-processors/ear-force-dss.aspx

I did enquire about these Logitech headsets model you were talking about and may get them later on as well. Wireless is really useful if you have a big room and don't want wires dangling everywhere..

Anyway, don't you have two PS3 setup in the house? One for the kids and one for yourself? ;)

nurfman
27-01-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.qvsoftware.com.au/news_story_assets/37/display_EarForce_DSS_package-LOW.jpg

Last year i wanted to get a headset for the ol PS3 and i read a quick speil about the Plantronics 777 suroound 7.1s then when Bigfatant told me i was pissed off at myself ....they have sat in my cupboard since then. I know i can get a pair of turtle beach for 89 bucks but thats stereo. Im interested in the Earforce DSS processor says it will work with any analougue headset and its about 100 bux and like ive said is a 7.1 processor and thus bringing my headset to life and solving my embarrasment at having bought the 777. This is what i think .will it work?....ps how do i get the turtle beach discount?

JORDS686
27-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I hope you dont look like the guy on the box when you're playing!!!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

asadoxian
27-01-2011, 11:43 AM
nah his mouth is open wider

CheekyChimpanzee
27-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I've got the Sharkoon XTatic 5.1 headset.

I wouldn't get anything else.. true surround sound from 8 speakers is simply aural sex.

If I was to get something else (read: cheaper) then I would get the Turtlebeach numbers... and madrtr can get you an epic discount as they sponsor MyGaming.com.au

nurfman
27-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I hope you dont look like the guy on the box when you're playing!!!

LOL worse my wife and her sister say i look like the bloke on "something about mary" when wearing a headset

http://www.stardusttrailers.com/gallery_film/Tutti_Pazzi_per_Mary(film_sfondi_wallpaper_foto_im magini_poster)(290110010751)tutti_pazzi_per_mary_4 .jpg

CheekyChimpanzee
27-01-2011, 12:23 PM
your wife and sister are awesome.

SecretWeapon
27-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Can anyone vouch for the 'Astro A40s'

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/108/A40-Wireless-System/

I'm considering to invest in a pair of headsets but I'm not sure which ones.

nurfman
27-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Just bought the Earforce DSS processor from turtle beach and intend to run my 777's through it Ive always wanted to say in a thread mad props but i wont instead ill say(thanks madrtr for the discount code ...about $18 off champion)....The benifit is when my 777's shit the biscuit i can just buy any ol analogue headset or a TB headset....Ill let you know how it sounds oh god please be good

Im also tracking the logitech F540's theyre pretty sweet at $140ish look at buying these for the kids PS3 as they dont have a mic nor surround then steal them

http://shopper.cnet.com/i/tim/2010/10/21/34185065_OVR_300x225.png

murph_BTK
31-01-2011, 12:14 AM
hey all does anyone have the (I think) Turtle beach head set that they are selling at GAME . EB GAMES etc Im looking at getting a set for the xbox (insert boo's) I have my SHARKOONS for the PS3 and cant be fucked changing all the time, Karn if your reading any thoughts
http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/turtle-beach-ear-force-x4-gaming-headset.jpg

Amusing Kill
31-01-2011, 09:12 AM
you lazy prick, getting off the couch is too much for you old man? and you want a kinect lol!!! ps JB are selling them as well, i have heard mixed rumors, some people are complaining the signal stuffs up their wireless signal..

murph_BTK
31-01-2011, 09:23 AM
you lazy prick, getting off the couch is too much for you old man? and you want a kinect lol!!! ps JB are selling them as well, i have heard mixed rumors, some people are complaining the signal stuffs up their wireless signal..

dammit .. I had heard that too but I was thinking that is was prob the metal plate in the xbox players heads :)
Also bro you know hard it would be to change over everytime I played a diff console..

asadoxian
31-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I've just ordered a set of px21's they work on both

nurfman
31-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Id personally go the logitech F540s brand new wireleess and $140 (this below site says $150)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/headsets/devices/7362

asadoxian
31-01-2011, 10:58 AM
meh the px21's look fine to me for what i want if i want real sorround sound i will have my proper system pumping its more for chat etc as i sat on my xbox mic and broke it

nurfman
31-01-2011, 11:14 AM
meh the px21's look fine to me for what i want if i want real sorround sound i will have my proper system pumping its more for chat etc as i sat on my xbox mic and broke it

Agreed mate nothing wrong with these but my problem is i bought the plantronics 777 and they wont work on a PS3 ...until now my turtle beach DSS processor will fix all this. My headphones have sat in my cupbaord mocking my lack of research and now ive spent 200 on a wired headphone system but i had to use them and the benefit is now i can use whatever headset i want so its a win ...but if i hadnt fucked up id of got the px21's infact my kids need a set of headphones and at 80 bucks or so the 21's are hard to beat...the F540s are sweet imo

nurfman
31-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Ive comited to buy but no cash has changed hands .......be carefull but this knucklehead is offering PX21's for $20 and free postage...spidey senses tingling 20+ people have bought them today ...be interesting if its true ive just grabbed a set (ill hold off paying a few days)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PS3-XBOX-360-Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-PX21-Headset-NEW-/250764871229?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item3a62c0463d

EDIT just hit 90 sales in 10 minutes..im going to email him and ebay

asadoxian
31-01-2011, 01:13 PM
hrmmm gotta be dodgefest 2011 mmkay?

nurfman
31-01-2011, 01:25 PM
hrmmm gotta be dodgefest 2011 mmkay?

Yep but ive still committed to buy just in case, i just wont pay until i know he is legit (which atm i dont think). Ive also contacted him and asked a few questions and reported it to ebay....but the greedy part in me says ....do it...but i will wait and see

nurfman
31-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Just a quick side note the seller was dodgy and has been deregistered but not until he made 100 sales at $20 a throw....Just read "eBay Note: This user is no longer registered on eBay".

bigfatant
31-01-2011, 03:52 PM
The joys of Ebay... I'm still waiting for a refund for a dodgy iphone 4 ebay auction... grrrr

Anyway, this is a legit special from logitech..

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-wireless-gaming-headset-g930-amr.html

Soooooooooo tempted to buy one of these even though it wont work on the PS3...

$170 special now but normally $280

Should I? Should I? Hmmmmmmmm

nurfman
01-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm a bit pissed off I ordered the processor by accident on it's launch day from the turtle beach Aussie distributor, 6 days ago so I thought I'd just email them because I had to create an account in the section shipped it said N/A . So I emailed them and then I get a tracking number that's valid but hasn't entered aus post yet, I go back to the distributors website and its all filled out saying shipped today ....means the lazy fucks forgot to ship my order till I reminded them ....good old Aussie customer service again 1 thing pisses me off about Australia is the customer service, asian sellers are more customer focused and I normally buy from china

asadoxian
01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
where do you go to check it nurf?

murph_BTK
01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Turtle Beach headsets are out of stock nation wide I was told buy the shim ( not sure if it was a dude or dudette) at EB GAMES oh well I only wanted to look at them anyhow I will order em online

asadoxian
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
hahaha he was talking crap murph because i know @ my local GAME they have 21 in stock at their DC and they just finished their stocktake last week so should be 100% accurate

bobandbunny
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
The px21 is available from amazon.com for $90 delivered. On the GAME.com.au website site there are pre-orders (31/3/11) for the P11 for $90 also - i presume this is a slightly cheaper version of the px21

nurfman
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
hahaha he was talking crap murph because i know @ my local GAME they have 21 in stock at their DC and they just finished their stocktake last week so should be 100% accurate

Murphs right eb, jb and big w all say out of stock till feb 24 th , I bought mine from the Aussie distributor because madrtr can get you a 10 % discount if you message him , Asa to check your order from QVS you just login with the email and password you used to buy the item http://www.qvsoftware.com.au/

asadoxian
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
It's not Australia wide though mate so no that's not right

Sent from my brain using ESP

nurfman
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Asa ok you are technically right ....also That dudes back selling px21s again on eBay he says he has 500 $20 each and free express post and he lives in Sydney, northern territory lmao I tried to buy all 500 to piss him off but it wouldn't let me, I reported him again

asadoxian
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Hahahahha what anub

Sent from my brain using ESP

asadoxian
03-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Just got my px21's delivered see not sold out :D they are everything I needed in them IE when i want i can have my sorround sound and still use them for chat (the ear pieces dont block much sound out at all) so when i am using them i still should be able to hear my missus nagging all be it muffled. When its late and i'm raging hard i can put the full sound through them and pump it up which is awesome but alas i wont have a chance to use them til tonight as i am busy workin on my boat :D

JORDS686
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
^^ at least I know that I wont be constantly knifed in the back tonight!!

madrtr
03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Did that code give you boys 15% or 10% - should be 15% from memory

nurfman
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Did that code give you boys 15% or 10% - should be 15% from memory

Yes mate its 15% using my poor maths and early next week ill have my processor.Thanks for the code madrtr

madrtr
03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Good stuff mate, i think this is the code: 4mygamek ....... whoops

nurfman
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
It worked out to pay the postage so well worth it ...i just noticed its not random numbers but a word ...Mind freak

nurfman
07-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I have just set up my DSS processor and had a quick game with a few people from here. If you have a gaming headet you love then buy one.I could hear alot of flys in the nam maps and my M14 sounded sweet. I could sense direction of vehicles and hear the quietest footsteps. I know BC2 is 5.1 and the DSS gives simulated 7.1 to my 7.1 SS gamer headset i just sounds to me like surround and im wrapped (my wife wasnt happy she was having a conversation with me and i couldnt hear a thing...till i noticed death stares and left promptly) I know the money i spent i could of got a sweet set of wireless but i already had the brand new headset. I dont know any better other than my own SS home theatre system but the sound is so clear and i can set a decent volume im unable to on my home theatre im giving them a 9/10. But my advie would be buy a wirless logitech headset like cong wants unless you have a PC headset you love

I can also stream my ipod as background noise ingame...i think

asadoxian
07-02-2011, 10:02 PM
yer i'm loving my px21's not 5.1 simulated but defo an attempt at sorround the bullet sounds move around the head piece when i change direction and can sound whore so much freakin awesome love em i use them over the sorround sound atm

x-CODY9428
07-02-2011, 10:15 PM
i have the triton AXPRO's and love them. and their awsome for movies aswell. and when you use them in mw2 or cod4 its amazing and helps you out it game modes like ffa and snd soo much

madrtr
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
i would not buy wireless again, the batteries situation really is starting to annoy me with the X41's.
The F540's are 5.1 surround? is that through an amp as it wouldst be true sound like the X41's as its stimulated 5.1 me thinks - (you cant tell the difference though)

Gir283
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
My Sharkoons are awesome - and cables? Who really cares, No batteries FTW

nurfman
08-02-2011, 12:54 PM
The tritons are great (i love the retro look to them), Sharkoons are kick arse too but ive decided im going to buy the TB PX21's/P11 like asa for the kids for about 100 delivered using the code madrtr gave us. I cant handle to guilt when i look at them admiring me in my headphones (i think theyre admiring me) and plus the noise reduction from not hearing the TV speakers going. Im really impressed with TB

madrtr
08-02-2011, 01:12 PM
as long as they are admiring mate, and not saying things quietly behind your back, lol. what was that code again? 4mygamek ?

bigfatant
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
My Sharkoons are awesome - and cables? Who really cares, No batteries FTW

I had to buy a second one because the first one lost a channel somehow. Must have twisted the cable too much but can't complain about the sharkoons...

Now I wonder how the ESS would sound with a normal microsoft or logitech USB headset.. hmmm

nurfman
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I had to buy a second one because the first one lost a channel somehow. Must have twisted the cable too much but can't complain about the sharkoons...

Now I wonder how the ESS would sound with a normal microsoft or logitech USB headset.. hmmm

Yes mate thats the beauty is i can now buy any headset < but ant i think you need a gaming headset if you want voice and in game noise.Logitech G330 Gaming Headset costs $50, me i love the PC gaming headsets the plantronics are honestly very comfy but you look like a dickhead wearing them

murph_BTK
08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
The tritons are great (i love the retro look to them), Sharkoons are kick arse too but ive decided im going to buy the TB PX21's/P11 like asa for the kids for about 100 delivered using the code madrtr gave us. I cant handle to guilt when i look at them admiring me in my headphones (i think theyre admiring me) and plus the noise reduction from not hearing the TV speakers going. Im really impressed with TB

Hey mate, quicky do your Tritons have the the 3.5 plug? so I can use em on my ipods etc .....

x-CODY9428
08-02-2011, 08:28 PM
nah they dont

nurfman
08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey mate, quicky do your Tritons have the the 3.5 plug? so I can use em on my ipods etc .....

No I don't own any I just love the look and hear they're a great brand I have the plantronics 777's they have 3.5 and a USB adaptor I used it on my iPod and they're awesome

murph_BTK
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
No I don't own any I just love the look and hear they're a great brand I have the plantronics 777's they have 3.5 and a USB adaptor I used it on my iPod and they're awesome

Price ?? and website you picked em up???

nurfman
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I paid $100 i think here i just found them for $79 from an Oz seller http://www.officelife.com.au/SearchResults.asp?Cat=147
Murph you have sharkoons for gaming dont you so why would you want to buy a set of 777's which are a PC gaming headset. Me i fucked up and read a 1 line review that said 777 works sweet on the PS3 ...didnt read the bit about need ng to plug the headphiones into the TV's audio jack ...My TVs dont have audio jacks so they sat in my shelf until i found the DSS Proccessor , no shit im a convert to gaming headsets and i can hear direction, gauge distance ie near far and cant hear my wife. I can hear absolutley everything in game. Turned up full it would blow my ear drums out (maybe thats an age related thing haha)....Im getting the kids the PX21's still when i have a lazy 80 i can sneak past the wife

kerb21
09-02-2011, 04:45 PM
lol that the same headset i got nurf for my ps3 I've been using for the lasted 6 months with a 1/8 audio jack to av

nurfman
09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
lol that the same headset i got nurf for my ps3 I've been using for the lasted 6 months with a 1/8 audio jack to av

Bloody awesome headset , thought youre voice sounded clear, calm and commanding, did i mention they also make your voice deeper and i feel like a tank commander whilst wearing them

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/221880-4/gkifzui

But concede i may look more like this

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2VEaTPMR9yw/SVbB0a99-nI/AAAAAAAAAN0/uw_vK0glNhg/fail_headset_phone%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

asadoxian
10-02-2011, 03:00 AM
I paid $100 i think here i just found them for $79 from an Oz seller http://www.officelife.com.au/SearchResults.asp?Cat=147
Murph you have sharkoons for gaming dont you so why would you want to buy a set of 777's which are a PC gaming headset. Me i fucked up and read a 1 line review that said 777 works sweet on the PS3 ...didnt read the bit about need ng to plug the headphiones into the TV's audio jack ...My TVs dont have audio jacks so they sat in my shelf until i found the DSS Proccessor , no shit im a convert to gaming headsets and i can hear direction, gauge distance ie near far and cant hear my wife. I can hear absolutley everything in game. Turned up full it would blow my ear drums out (maybe thats an age related thing haha)....Im getting the kids the PX21's still when i have a lazy 80 i can sneak past the wife

Nurf I'm the same mate the px21's have blown me away the sound is crystal clear I have no issues with mics now I can adjust my chat volume if I can't hear someone properly been playin the new map pack on black ops you can sound whore so bad on them it's great on bc2 I can hear when when someone is chasing me I love it and well I could send myself deaf too.

nurfman
10-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Well i had an "incident" last night.My wife went to get pizza for tea and im playing hastings with farnsy and next thing my son has had to jump the fence to let my wife in ,theyd been knocking for 10 minutes.Ill be keen to try out the PX21's when i get the kids a set next week.

CheekyChimpanzee
10-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Well i had an "incident" last night.My wife went to get pizza for tea and im playing hastings with farnsy and next thing my son has had to jump the fence to let my wife in ,theyd been knocking for 10 minutes.Ill be keen to try out the PX21's when i get the kids a set next week.

I hope you advised her on the dangers of leaving the house without keys?

nurfman
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I hope you advised her on the dangers of leaving the house without keys?

Heres a story ...she rang me at work yesterday morning and said shed just locked herself out and i needed to drive home to let her in .......This is one of those times i used my smarts and said ill expect a root or ill see you at 4pm ........lets just say i went home and let her in and was back in my car in 15 minutes ...Ive been told i have good time management ....have i gone to far revealing this to a pack of video game weirdos on the net?

CheekyChimpanzee
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I guess it's all about how you spin the story. You might say "good time management", she might say "thank fuck it was over quick" and we might say "ha".

CheekyChimpanzee
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM

but in all reality... locked herself out twice in one day?? Obviously you doing it right. ;)

nurfman
10-02-2011, 06:06 PM

but in all reality... locked herself out twice in one day?? Obviously you doing it right. ;)

I'm old I'm only good for one lockout per day tops

x-CODY9428
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
id be hiding the keys from her.

but yeh if im in my room playing ps3 my mum and sis could go out and do whatever and come back i wouldn't have even noticed they were gone happens all the time

asadoxian
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Heres a story ...she rang me at work yesterday morning and said shed just locked herself out and i needed to drive home to let her in .......This is one of those times i used my smarts and said ill expect a root or ill see you at 4pm ........lets just say i went home and let her in and was back in my car in 15 minutes ...Ive been told i have good time management ....have i gone to far revealing this to a pack of video game weirdos on the net?

fark me you think thats good time management if you ask murphs missus he's the most efficient bloke goin round

JORDS686
10-02-2011, 11:04 PM
have i gone to far revealing this to a pack of video game weirdos on the net?

I resent that comment. Just because I have 12 toes and 3 eyes on both my heads, what wrong with that??

repercuss
11-02-2011, 01:10 AM
id be hiding the keys from her.

Funneh.

Dangerous.

murph_BTK
11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
fark me you think thats good time management if you ask murphs missus he's the most efficient bloke goin round

Oh Asa , according to your missus Im not I go for upwards of 10 seconds which is a marathon compared to watch she is use too, oh I told her to shave again too mate, oh and dont mind that taste either bro , think of it as thick cream

asadoxian
11-02-2011, 10:17 AM
its ok i come prepared

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad194/Asadoxian/funny-1.jpg

bigfatant
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I thought this was a "head" sets thread?....

nurfman
11-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought this was a "head" sets thread?....

Sorry BFA your dead set right ....Im still buying my kids a px21 on the 15th (i get paid monthly and that sux)

leeroynorth
11-02-2011, 02:21 PM
My Shiney new DPX21's are at home waiting for me so fricking excited - will be good to be able get on comms on insted of being a thick twat who cant say owt - does anyone here speak leeds?

nurfman
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/221880-4/gkifzui

Tonight your gonna be the man ......i want you to feel like this when in your tank

OK ill do Leeds speak ..."its too blooody ot" , "back in Leeds we dont ave this rubbish" "no ferking vinigar what sort of fish n chip shops dont have ferking vinigar" "Shower im not aving any of that" .....My best mate was from Huddersfield and supports Leeds and my wifes family are all from liverpool and her idea of a daring meal is only boiling the vegetables for 3 hours as opposed to 4

repercuss
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM
My Shiney new DPX21's are at home waiting for me so fricking excited - will be good to be able get on comms on insted of being a thick twat who cant say owt - does anyone here speak leeds?

I understand it. But I certainly dont speak it.

leeroynorth
11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
arr the vinegar problems we have in this country and beers too cold, its too hot and the chicks are too pretty, the sand is too grainy and the sea is too wet...(ooer)
hahah nice one mate - yeah huddersfield is very close to leeds (poor lad supporting leeds - I do but no where near as much as I used to since I get ere..........................they were a great side when the aussies were playing for emm - there pretty shit now - but getting -

PS I hate MAN U

CheekyChimpanzee
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
my mum's from leeds.

leeroynorth
11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
my mum's from leeds.

Your mum must be a fine lady, where bouts in leeds? Im from the dog shit area called hyde park - burning cars, drive bys and crack dens - Jees I miss it

CheekyChimpanzee
14-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Your mum must be a fine lady, where bouts in leeds? Im from the dog shit area called hyde park - burning cars, drive bys and crack dens - Jees I miss it

hahaha - no idea mate... she's been in aus for a long time now.

leeroynorth
14-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Well after a weekend with my DPX21's I can stand up and salute them, amazing sound and chat is great on them - my mate maxbarrowiii came over last night and he had a go on them - think hes gonna get some too. Good headset and good advice lads...

nurfman
14-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Well after a weekend with my DPX21's I can stand up and salute them, amazing sound and chat is great on them - my mate maxbarrowiii came over last night and he had a go on them - think hes gonna get some too. Good headset and good advice lads...

How much Lee and where from? (madrtr can/could of hooked you up with a discount code from QVS) also i spoke to max while you were snapping one off , he said your wife cant look at you wearing them and he has a photo of you wearing them used to be little you...i like max (oh my wife says im pathetic and she to is ashamed of me being a gamer...makes me proud)

repercuss
14-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Max was heaps funny. He basically talked shit about Leeroy all night. "Geez meht y'cant drive canyeh"

Khazii-
25-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey guys anyone got any experience with/opinions on the Turtle Beach PX5's? Saw a pair at my local JB and thinking about grabbing them...

nurfman
25-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey guys anyone got any experience with/opinions on the Turtle Beach PX5's? Saw a pair at my local JB and thinking about grabbing them...

That price is about right ...i havnt used them but i bet theyre good im a huge fan of TB,Message madrtr and if he likes you he will provide a code to use for the oz software distributor giving an extra % off, im after a wireless set for my xbox http://www.qvsoftware.com.au/titles/turtle-beach/ps3+xbox360/accessories/headsets/ear-force-px5

madrtr
25-03-2011, 02:38 PM
If i like you........ lol

SMOOTHYONE
25-03-2011, 08:24 PM
THE BEST HEADSET IN MY OPINION (http://steelseries.com/products/consoles/steelseries-siberia-v2-for-ps3)

asadoxian
25-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Tbh best headset IMO px21 can be used on both consoles and have superb clarity to sound whore

zorkmids03
25-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I bought the P11's (http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-p11.aspx) a few weeks ago as I needed something that could direct both chat and game sound to the headphones...

Price was about $80.00, and they're not too bad, but mind you I've never used headsets at all, so can't compare to anything - plus I am not really to fussed about _perfect_ audio quality. One nice thing about them is that you can control both game and chat volumes separately.

Issues so far:
* The sensitivity on the volume control is not that great, there's a point when you're turning the knob and the sound goes from low to no sound at all too quickly.
* Not sure if this is a problem with the headphones or the PS3, but after a few hours of continuous gaming, sometimes the game sound just disappears completely and I am left with only the chat;

Khazii-
25-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Ended up picking up the PX5's. Haven't had a play yet but will let you guys know how they go!

madrtr
26-03-2011, 01:27 AM
The P11's are only an entry model headset. if you go for an upgrade, definatley the PX21's for sure.

PDIDDLE89
29-03-2011, 10:04 AM
the missus bought me tritton AXpros last night and i will never take them off again, i will plug them into real life to experience greater surround sound they are the greatest!

TheHotHead
30-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I got a set of TB PX21's last thursday for $110 from EB. The sound is absolutely amazing!! I've never really noticed how easy it is to tell someone is behind you but with the PX21's i just spin round, shoot em then keep going. And when im listening to music on my PS3 with em...Wow! It's just amazing. If you are thinking of getting a set then get em cause you wont regret it!

asadoxian
30-03-2011, 06:16 PM
did work for you last night hothead? hahaha

AStiffBreeze
31-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I've been doing a bit of digging into headsets and it seems like the audiophiles give the nod to the Tritton AX 720 and Turtle Beach DPX21, and say to avoid the Tritton AXPro and Sharkoon X-Tatic Digitals.

repercuss
31-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Hmm that's interesting. Was going to get the 'koons but I think I'll pick up a pair of 21s instead.

Sent from your mind using my mind

madrtr
31-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Very interesting, why they would not give the nod to the AX pros. Personally i think the 720s look better anyway.

All wired headsets though, which can get messy, however the TB X41's i have do go through batteries if I don't have lithium's in there.

nurfman
31-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Plantronics 777's and a TB proccessor ....freaking amazing but then again i dont have anything to compare to but im going to buy TB's some for the xbox...wireless

AStiffBreeze
31-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Very interesting, why they would not give the nod to the AX pros.

The drivers in the AX Pros and X-Tatic Digital are the same, and not well thought of for sound quality apparently:

Sharkoons:
http://www.pozitifpc.com/imaj/2009/07/sharkoon-x-tatic-5.jpg

AX Pros:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/810bagCLcTL._AA500_.jpg

madrtr
31-03-2011, 12:47 PM
very interesting...
Although i could not tell the difference between true surround and stimulated.

AStiffBreeze
31-03-2011, 12:49 PM
very interesting...
Although i could not tell the difference between true surround and stimulated.

Do you mean you couldn't tell the difference between true surround and simulated on the AX Pros? So that was between a 5.1 input and a stereo input?

xX-CjunkY-Xx
31-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I've been doing a bit of digging into headsets and it seems like the audiophiles give the nod to the Tritton AX 720 and Turtle Beach DPX21, and say to avoid the Tritton AXPro and Sharkoon X-Tatic Digitals.

Yeah the DPX21's are well worth it,imo.

madrtr
31-03-2011, 01:07 PM
No, sorry I mean, the difference between surround on the AXpro’s compared the the Turtle Beach X41’s – which are wireless, and are just stimulated surround sound.

repercuss
31-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah I went to get the PX21's but I hadn't realised they are plain stereo not processed or simulated surround.

Might save mah pennies for the X5's or just go with the 'koons as I had previously decided.

/edit

Nurfman man whats your setup? Plantronics 777's with some kind of extra device?

/2nd edit

Has anyone used the Tritton AX720's ? These look like a front runner now from what Mr Stiff has divulged. Can get them from about $150 off Amazon.

madrtr
31-03-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah he grabbed a Turtle Beach DSS i believe, which is like a mini amp to stimulate the surround sound:

http://turtlebeachheadsets.com.au/index.php/ps3/ps3-efdss

AStiffBreeze
31-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah I went to get the PX21's but I hadn't realised they are plain stereo not processed or simulated surround.
Just checking that you understand that the PX21s and DPX21s are different setups... The DX21s are just a stereo headset, the DPX21s are basically the DX21 headset plus the EarForce DSS that turns them into a 7.1 setup.

The audiophiles speak very highly of the quality produced by Dolby Headphone (http://www.dolby.com/consumer/understand/enhancement/dolby-headphone.html) output. So look for this logo when it comes to your surround headset:

http://i.imgur.com/8zPGx.jpg

The DPX21s (i.e. EarForce DSS) and Tritton AX720's both support Dolby Headphone.

repercuss
31-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Just checking that you understand that the PX21s and DPX21s are different setups... The DX21s are just a stereo headset, the DPX21s are basically the DX21 headset plus the EarForce DSS that turns them into a 7.1 setup.

Ahh OK I hadn't realised that. Thanks for clearing that up. :blushing: So now the question is can you get this here in Aus? Because I have only seen the plain stereo one that appears to have different connectors for RCA stereo plug passthroughs. Or is that some add on cable that just comes with them and you can just buy both bits separately (and more expensively no doubt).

Also

FUCKING HELL SO MANY FUCKING OPTIONS! All I want is some god damned headphones that have some form of frikken surround sound + chat + dont sound like total shit.

Shouldnt be that fucking hard. But nooooo every fucking company and their dog has to make slightly different fucking version of similar things that do almost but not quite the same thing.

nurfman
31-03-2011, 03:47 PM
yeah he grabbed a Turtle Beach DSS i believe, which is like a mini amp to stimulate the surround sound:

http://turtlebeachheadsets.com.au/index.php/ps3/ps3-efdss

I dont know the technical aspects but i feel i am getting surround sound ....example white pass on BC2 i ran into a building and could hear the sniper pissing around including footsteps and i knew instantly he was upstairs and even which side ...i climbed up and tagged him.......also i can hear footsteps of taggers allowing me enough time to apply my 40mm shotty ....the other benefit is i can use any headset i want including wireless and it will still be sweet ...BUT i already had the 777's if i didnt id buy a wireless 7.1 ss set of TB's (think its the same proccessor)

madrtr
31-03-2011, 03:54 PM
rep: it all depends mate, you can add onto the TBPX21’s with the DSS giving it surround sound, however that throws it up in the price. My opinion, go for the TB PX5’s – wireless surround sound, it does chew batteries, however use lithium ones and they last for ages. – best bang for your buck – the amp will plug into the optical out of the ps3. If you don’t want surround sound just yet, grab the px21’s, the plug in via the RCA cables (you can still play in HDMI though, just set the audio output) then later on buy the DSS. The link I gave you is the Australian Turtle Beach – if you want to purchase them at all I can give you a code to get 15% off, or just note it down: 4mygamek , lol. They are a top sponsor of MGA.

nurfman
31-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Yep rtr gave me a code to QVS software and i got the proccessor for $100 delivered ...comes with optical out and i was an instant convert and even though its been months since i got it ....i havnt used anything else my surround sound just dosnt cut it compared to the TB Proc and my 777's

My marriage has however suffered ....wife smashing on front door with shopping and im gaming = loss of 1 testicle
Wife having deep n meanigful, me thinking convo was over and began gaming session = 2nd teticle goes MIA
Children punching fuck out of each other smoke alarm going off , mormans tapping at my door ...whilst wife takes a shower ....there goes your third testicle ....you have been warned reper

AStiffBreeze
31-03-2011, 04:19 PM
@reper: Well you only have two ears... with a floor speaker setup extra speakers helps in terms of surround sound since the speakers are so far from your ears, but again at the end of the day you only have two ears. The brain takes sound from both of your ears and interprets audio positionally based on the difference in what they're each hearing. With headphones, since they're so close to your ears the surround effects are more a product of the difference between what's coming through each ear rather than the actual position of the headphone drivers in relation to your ears.

Dolby Headphone takes a 5.1 or 7.1 source and interprets that into meaningful stereo that should (hopefully) preserve the directional aspects of the audio. The audiophiles reckon it does a very good job of it and maintain that stereo headphones with Dolby Headphone input are (in general) better than 'gimmicky' multi-driver headphones without it.

For a good demonstration of surround effects through simple stereo headphones, check this out (listen with headphones):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA

So in summary I guess at the moment you should be looking for a headset whose little processor box supports Dolby Headphone.

repercuss
31-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Got me some new sexy sound audiomisers.

http://pl4yer0ne.com/images/TB_Headset.jpg

These have opened my mind to what BF can sound like. Holy SHIT!

I was playing my first round using them with Otis. He can probably tell you how much I was running around giggling because EVERYTHING sounds so awesome now! Then I got in a light tank. <3 Audiogasm

Oh yeah ordered these from Amazon on Friday. Arrived some time today. Niiiiice service Amazon.

repercuss
05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
REVIEW - Turtle Beach DPX21

Stereo Headset with Digital Signal Processing unit for Surround Sound.

Compatible with Dolby Headphone (which you want!)

Cabled not wireless, good long heavy duty cable, plenty of length to get from PS3 under TV to couch without being strung in mid air. No changing frikken batteries!

Great sound, deep bass and crisp treble. Freq resp. 20-20k Hz This is about as good as I have found whilst looking around for a set. As comparison - Tritton ax720's are 25-22k and my Sony MDR-V500 (stereo "DJ" headphones) are 10-25k. I was previously using a half decent Stereo Mini-Hifi for audio and was happy enough with the sound through that. These blew my frikken mind! The boom of gunshots and thump of artillery is A-MAY-ZING! It is like playing a totally different game, the world LOOKS different because your brain is hearing it differently. Pretty cool. They arent perfect but they do a fantastic job.

For the price ($166.27 AUD delivered to your door) I can't imagine anything better. There is a small hiss when silent which is slightly annoying, it's somehow related to the mic going through USB as it goes away if you unplug that. This is 100% not noticeable in game, only when silent in menus etc. Apparently you can reduce or eliminate this by upping the chat volume on the PS3 and turning it down on the headset itself.
Incoming chat volume is adjustable on the headset, and the outgoing chat seems to be good, everyone I have asked says its pretty good. You have a mute switch on the headset control box thing which is far enough down the cord that it sits in my lap while playing. Also has game volume, chat volume and bass wheels.

Setup was easy, plug it all together and change your audio options to use the optical out + multiple output. This last option means that you get sound in the headset as well as however else you used to output sound (well actually I believe it sends it to all available sound outputs) So when using the headset I turn it on and turn the TV/Hifi output right down, when Im done I turn it off and turn the Telly back up. Easy. No unplugging etc.

So after an evenings use I rate it pretty high. Definitely makes the game better, surround sound works really well, you get a great idea spatially where stuff is going down. Comfy to wear too!

8.5/10 (I have no comparison though so take that as you will)

madrtr
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Nice review mate.

I'll be doing an interview with the MGA podcast in the next week or so with Michael Jessup from TB USA, the bloke that does the PR and videos on the site.
Ill be hitting him up with some questions about the PX5's and P11's. If anyone has a question they wish to ask, more than happy to ask him.

Locoevo
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey reper have you changed the bfbc2 audio to war tapes? When I changed over I also had to change my pants.

Enviado desde mi iPhone usando Tapatalk

repercuss
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Yep did that, just changed back to compare and the server crashed.

Sent from your mind using my mind

Locoevo
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
the difference is amazing. funnily i only find it a major change in headsets not so much through my stereo.

LEBSTAA
06-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Damn, I only just found out about war tapes.

AStiffBreeze
06-04-2011, 10:46 AM
@reper: have you had any luck eliminating that hissing?

asadoxian
06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
the hissing isn't really as bad as it sounds I mean honestly whens the last time the game went completely silent and its more like just a slit noise that you get from most speaker when they are on though most speakers you dont have pressed to your hears so you dont hear it.

Locoevo
06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I've noticed I'm getting alot of feedback from other players mics. Barra and wabuu give if this really annoying chirping sound. So if I don't answer you it's because I've muted you

asadoxian
06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
haha murph was giving bad feed back last night at first I was enjoying talking to myself but then when we all talked at once it meant there were 8 voices going off at once :laugh:

repercuss
06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
@reper: have you had any luck eliminating that hissing?

Not really, the suggestion from TB themselves is something like "turn up the volume on the PS3 and down on the headset" But the only volume I can find is the input volume of your mic not output so that doesnt make sense.

And like Asabandit ( :laugh: ) said, you really don't notice it. And literally only in menus and shiz like that.

AStiffBreeze
06-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Not really, the suggestion from TB themselves is something like "turn up the volume on the PS3 and down on the headset" But the only volume I can find is the input volume of your mic not output so that doesnt make sense.

And like Asabandit ( :laugh: ) said, you really don't notice it. And literally only in menus and shiz like that.

So the hissing is via the chat volume right (i.e. if you mute chat or turn chat volume down to nothing, but leave game audio on, there's no hissing)? If that's the case then in the XMB under accessories you can adjust the volume output for your mic - it's set to about halfway by default I think but you can bump that up to max, and then turn down the chat volume on your headset slightly. I assume that's what TB is advising, I'd be interested to hear if it works.

repercuss
06-04-2011, 04:08 PM
...volume output for your mic... That controls how loud your mic is for others not how loud it is for yourself no?

asadoxian
06-04-2011, 04:10 PM
So the hissing is via the chat volume right (i.e. if you mute chat or turn chat volume down to nothing, but leave game audio on, there's no hissing)? If that's the case then in the XMB under accessories you can adjust the volume output for your mic - it's set to about halfway by default I think but you can bump that up to max, and then turn down the chat volume on your headset slightly. I assume that's what TB is advising, I'd be interested to hear if it works.

No its just when there is no sound going through the headset but there is power to the headset you can have all your volume on the headset turned down but as long as there is power you can still ear the slight noise which in all honesty is nothing TBH

Chiips
06-04-2011, 04:10 PM
hissing, chirping, ribbiting....

sure it's mic problems. Who had the frog infestation?..... might wanna check under sofas for snakes and look up for birds.

AStiffBreeze
06-04-2011, 04:27 PM
That controls how loud your mic is for others not how loud it is for yourself no?

I should have said 'headset' rather than mic but didn't want to confuse it with game audio for you - I think it might control the chat volume through your headset earpiece, although can't say for sure without the PS3 in front of me.

asadoxian
06-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I should have said 'headset' rather than mic but didn't want to confuse it with game audio for you - I think it might control the chat volume through your headset earpiece, although can't say for sure without the PS3 in front of me.

That actually just changes the output for your mic to everyone else doesn't it?

AStiffBreeze
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
That actually just changes the output for your mic to everyone else doesn't it?

I'll let you know when I get home.

Locoevo
06-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Wait there's something stiff is unsure of??? Have I clicked onto bizarro forums by mistake?

I'm pretty sure that only lowers your own voice for others.

Only way to solve the problem is to pinpoint where its coming from, try having each thing off with one left on and try it ingame

asadoxian
06-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Wait there's something stiff is unsure of??? Have I clicked onto bizarro forums by mistake?

I'm pretty sure that only lowers your own voice for others.

Only way to solve the problem is to pinpoint where its coming from, try having each thing off with one left on and try it ingame

I'm pretty sure it happens in most speakers like I said earlier only most speakers you dont have pressed against your ears.

AStiffBreeze
07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I had a look and there's no way to adjust chat volume coming from the PS3 on the PS3 itself. Can somebody link the instructions that Turtle Beach have for reducing that hissing?

L1eutenant
07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I have these, that hissing ive never been able to get rid of. Even with no volume and chat all the way done theres still hissing

AStiffBreeze
11-04-2011, 05:14 PM
It looks like the hissing is endemic to the EarForce DSS unit, even people using it with non-Turtle Beach headsets report it (nurf should be able to confirm for us).

asadoxian
11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
its not just the turtle beach headsets

madrtr
12-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I find that it is coming purley from the chat function. While i have a set of expensive X41's, the white noise is common accross the board in all headsets regardless of the manufacture. To me it isnt a problem, as i adjust the voice volume in game, and ensure the audio is set to headphones in game as well.
My Trittons have that same white noise coming from them as well, its just a part of the chat function, nothing major. People new to headsets have issues with it, but once adjusted its all good.
The only headsets that have reduced "hissing" or white noise are the A40 Astros, @ $300 or so a pair... but they are the best headsets on the market apparantly.
Im yet to try the new PX5's from Turtle Beach, hoping to get a demo set soon for review from TB. Also i have an interview with the Turtle Beach main marketing guy in the USA this week sometime i might ask him for any tips and tricks.

nurfman
12-04-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/officially-licensed-comm-play-pro-stereo-gaming-headset-cp-nc1-ps3

Officially Licensed Comm-Play Pro Stereo Gaming Headset CP-NC1 PS3
$62.99 ....Interesting ive not even heard of these :001_tt2:

http://images.productserve.com/preview/547/115925957.jpg

murph_BTK
15-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Turtle beach headset?? Anyone got & use I would love some views on it I'm sick of plug/unplug my sharkoons from one console to the other so I'm looking at picking up a headset from GAME...

**Sent from my xbox 360 as my PS3 lagged out then froze**

asadoxian
15-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Love em mate they are brilliant best investment ever

JORDS686
15-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Interesting point made last night by Barra *I think* that I sounded different on the xbox.. I'm using the standard xbox plug in mic compared to my cheap and nasty ps3 Bluetooth one. It's got me wondering if I'm clearer using a plug in mic?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

asadoxian
15-05-2011, 02:23 PM
That was me mate.

JORDS686
15-05-2011, 02:33 PM
That was me mate.

So is it a clarity difference or just tone difference?

asadoxian
15-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Both mate both

mudman05
16-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Asa what turtle headset do you have? I was thinking of getting the px21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L1eutenant
16-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Asa what turtle headset do you have? I was thinking of getting the px21

Don't! There shit. i've had them and all you can hear is that damn buzzing noise.

JORDS686
16-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Don't! There shit.

That's contrary to every other piece of feedback about the headset on this site...

i've had them and all you can hear is that damn buzzing noise.

Is this the only reason you don't like them? Or did you have other issues like sound or speech quality?

mudman05
16-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah any other problems LG or just feedback

JORDS686
16-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Also what headset are you using now? Can you give us a bit of a write up on what your using?

I'm in the same boat as muddy looking for a good sub $200 headset I am probably going for the TB 21's but if you have something better I'm all ears...

az123
16-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I just got turtle beach dpx21. They are px21 paired with the turtle beach digital processor(DSS) that turns any stereo headset into digital surround. I haven't used them multiplayer, as they arrived just after Psn went down. I'm pretty impressed with them so far, can't believe how good the surround sound is, don't notice hissing noise really at all. I think that's more the case when u have the px21 expander function on, which u don't turn on when the dss surround is on. Bought mind bnib off an American eBay store, $155. Received in about a week. They are still there for the same price.

L1eutenant
16-05-2011, 01:21 PM
The turtle ones are fine except for these few problems i have had.

1. The cord and control dongle thing will always get in the way, after long periods this is very annoying. ( if i were you i would aim at wireless ones )
2. The cord has the habbit on winding up on its self. ( hard to explain, but its like a phone cord but 200 times worse )
3. The buzzing noise, its always there, you don't hear it as much when other shit is going, but when things quite down its always there.
4. The false surround switch ( can't remember what its called ) you turn this on and the buzzing gets 10 times worse.
5. If you leave the bass up by accident it can easily stop working ( mine broke after about a week )
6. Not all the comfortable if planning to use for a long time ( in one sitting )
7. They advertise that you can hear your self to stop your self from talking to loud, this is a load of shit, if someone else is talking at the same time or you have the game up load, your going to end up sitting there yelling.

Now to the good bits.

1. sound quality aint bad, you can hear people a lot better and will give you an edge in black ops etc.
2. thats about all i got to say about the good bits.

All in all go for them if need be. however there are better ones out there. if need be i can send mine to whoever.

Oh and one last thing, the USB port needs an extension if you want to use correctly, with a 50inch tv and the ps3 sitting next to it there isnt a whole lot of cord.

JORDS686
16-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks LtGen, that was helpful.

I'm keen to hear about any feedback for the DPX21's - hopefully that've fixed it?

asadoxian
16-05-2011, 01:38 PM

1. The cord and control dongle thing will always get in the way, after long periods this is very annoying. ( if i were you i would aim at wireless ones )
2. The cord has the habbit on winding up on its self. ( hard to explain, but its like a phone cord but 200 times worse )
3. The buzzing noise, its always there, you don't hear it as much when other shit is going, but when things quite down its always there.
4. The false surround switch ( can't remember what its called ) you turn this on and the buzzing gets 10 times worse.
5. If you leave the bass up by accident it can easily stop working ( mine broke after about a week )
6. Not all the comfortable if planning to use for a long time ( in one sitting )
7. They advertise that you can hear your self to stop your self from talking to loud, this is a load of shit, if someone else is talking at the same time or you have the game up load, your going to end up sitting there yelling.

Now to the good bits.

1. sound quality aint bad, you can hear people a lot better and will give you an edge in black ops etc.

All in all go for them if need be. however there are better ones out there. if need be i can send mine to whoever.

Oh and one last thing, the USB port needs an extension if you want to use correctly, with a 50inch tv and the ps3 sitting next to it there isnt a whole lot of cord.

Wow never had any of those problems except for the buzzing as you put it which is white noise heard on all speakers with power running through them, (I contacted turtle beach about them) and I can confirm that a mate as some sharkoons and they have that same thing as does the bluetooth ps3 headset and so do the platronics that my nephew just bought. Its something that will not be erradicated some headphones just have it less or more, like I said in mine I only notice now when I'm actually intentionally listening for it and that is only when there is no sound playing through my mic (which be honest in games these days there is rarely a silent moment, even on menus and loading screens.)

L1eutenant
16-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow never had any of those problems except for the buzzing as you put it which is white noise heard on all speakers with power running through them, (I contacted turtle beach about them) and I can confirm that a mate as some sharkoons and they have that same thing as does the bluetooth ps3 headset and so do the platronics that my nephew just bought. Its something that will not be erradicated some headphones just have it less or more, like I said in mine I only notice now when I'm actually intentionally listening for it and that is only when there is no sound playing through my mic (which be honest in games these days there is rarely a silent moment, even on menus and loading screens.)

how long have you had yours?

repercuss
16-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Now to the good bits.

I haven't had any of these probs really (except the hissing but as discussed everywhere this is unavoidable and not noticable in game)
I find the cord and control doodad sit fine on the couch, cords a great length too. I have an optical cable to the DSP box sitting right next to the ps3 with a short little USB cable, then the cord from that runs under the coffee table and over to the couch (which sounds like it would be out in the way but its actually really convenient and hidden). When I'm not using them they just sit tucked away in front of the table.
Once stretched out I have had no probs with the cord at all, it's nice and thick so you get the impression its tough enough to get trodden on a few times.
The extra stereo switch or whatever it is, is useless anyway and never used with a game or movies anyway. (and its shit anyway so I would never EVER use it).
Not sure what you mean by having the bass up can break it? I have my bass cranked and havent had any issues.
Comfort is also something I totally disagree on, I find these really really good! They sit right over my ears and dont press into the side at all so I find them perfectly comfortable for hours and hours and hours!
I do however agree that you cant hear SHIT if you have the audio up loud. But they are pretty good at lower volumes.
Again I'm not sure what you really mean about the USB extension? I sit the little box next to the PS3 under my telly and then just run the headset cable from there, and its like 5m long so should be suitable for almost everyone?

I think these are great sounding and the difference of a normal pretty decent stereo to these puppies is night and day. And for 150ish on amazon they get my vote.

L1eutenant
16-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I haven't had any of these probs really (except the hissing but as discussed everywhere this is unavoidable and not noticable in game)
I find the cord and control doodad sit fine on the couch, cords a great length too. I have an optical cable to the DSP box sitting right next to the ps3 with a short little USB cable, then the cord from that runs under the coffee table and over to the couch (which sounds like it would be out in the way but its actually really convenient and hidden). When I'm not using them they just sit tucked away in front of the table.
Once stretched out I have had no probs with the cord at all, it's nice and thick so you get the impression its tough enough to get trodden on a few times.
The extra stereo switch or whatever it is, is useless anyway and never used with a game or movies anyway. (and its shit anyway so I would never EVER use it).
Not sure what you mean by having the bass up can break it? I have my bass cranked and havent had any issues.
Comfort is also something I totally disagree on, I find these really really good! They sit right over my ears and dont press into the side at all so I find them perfectly comfortable for hours and hours and hours!
I do however agree that you cant hear SHIT if you have the audio up loud. But they are pretty good at lower volumes.
Again I'm not sure what you really mean about the USB extension? I sit the little box next to the PS3 under my telly and then just run the headset cable from there, and its like 5m long so should be suitable for almost everyone?

I think these are great sounding and the difference of a normal pretty decent stereo to these puppies is night and day. And for 150ish on amazon they get my vote.

how long have you had yours?

JORDS686
16-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Reper, do you have the DPX21's or the older PX21's?

I'm led to believe the former are the better ones to have... They're the ones on my shopping list.

repercuss
16-05-2011, 04:39 PM
DPX21's - The only difference is the DSP that they come with, but this is a huge difference.

The PX21's are just a stereo headset. DPX21's have an additional Digital Sound Processor box that converts your game pew pews into surround sound.

It is possible to purchase both separately but much much cheaper to get them together in the same box.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/Portals/0/Products/PS3/DPX21/Tabs_Html/images/howdoesitwork_PS3.jpg

The extra bit is the thing they call the DSS. So what your getting is normal PX21's + a DSS unit.

asadoxian
16-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Like already stated the difference between the px and the dpx is the dss box other than that they are the same headset

mudman05
16-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey Jords found this review on headsets http://headsetps3.net/ & has some prices from amazon

JORDS686
16-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey Jords found this review on headsets http://headsetps3.net/ & has some prices from amazon

Sounds like a tick for the trittons, even though the title seems to say dont buy them. I like the fact it has separate speakers inside the earphones. I'm still not sure how TB can call their headphones 7.1 when there are only two speakers... Isn't '7.1' 7 speakers and a woofer?

asadoxian
17-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Um afaik all headphones are simulation sorround not actual???

JORDS686
17-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm looking at the tritton website they definitely have 4 individual speakers for each ear cup...

repercuss
17-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Jords: Is because the signal is 7.1, and the headphones can play the surround sound signal using Dolby Headphone (http://www.dolby.com/consumer/understand/enhancement/dolby-headphone.html)

And IIRC Mr Stiff provided some discussion on this saying that most "audiophiles" say that the Dolby Headphone processed signal on the better quality stereo 'sets is actually better than the multi-speaker headphones.

JORDS686
17-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Cool, that makes sense. I'm not a guru on the headset topic by any stretch of the imagination. I think I'm going to save up and buy the PX5's though just because they're wireless. Have to save slowly though so the missus doesn't find out!! Slip a $50 under the bed every now and then...

JORDS686
18-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Quick question, do the PX21's sit on your ears or are the big enough to fit around?

L1eutenant
18-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Quick question, do the PX21's sit on your ears or are the big enough to fit around?

depends on how big your ears are. for me the very top of my ears are stuck between the cup and my head.

P.S: for some reason i was pissing myself laughing whilst typing this..

repercuss
18-05-2011, 04:10 PM

They sit right over mine, which is why I love them.

Tapped not typed.

JORDS686
25-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Done. Ordered the DPX-21's from Amazon, $136. Estimated delivery is June 6 (my birthday) so that works well. I managed to convince my missus it was for my birthday present. I just dont think shes seen how much they were yet. I'll be keeping tht to myself I think!

Edit: US$136 so it was about $6 cheaper in AU$

AStiffBreeze
25-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Done. Ordered the DPX-21's from Amazon, $136. Estimated delivery is June 6 (my birthday) so that works well. I managed to convince my missus it was for my birthday present. I just dont think shes seen how much they were yet. I'll be keeping tht to myself I think!

Edit: US$136 so it was about $6 cheaper in AU$

I'm pretty sure I saw the DPX-21's for $116 in EB Games today! Maybe I'm confusing the price for them with one of the other headsets though.

JORDS686
25-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I had a look in EB games they were selling the px21s for $116 but without the dss processor.

repercuss
25-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw the DPX-21's for $116 in EB Games today! Maybe I'm confusing the price for them with one of the other headsets though.

What Jords said, these are PX21s and an additional DSS is about the same price as the separate phones, 120 bucks or so.

Way cheaper to get from amazon.

Tapped not typed.

JORDS686
25-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd have spewed if I'd bought on amazon, 3 week wait, only to find out they were cheaper and local at EB games! I went in there just to try em on and make sure they felt ok :)

Locoevo
28-05-2011, 02:21 PM
New Sony Wireless Headset. (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/27/new-official-wireless-stereo-headset-coming-for-ps3/)

JORDS686
28-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Hmmm it's a good price, too bad it's bloody ugly!

JORDS686
03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Yay! my DPX21 headset arrived today! Too bad I'm at work, and my missus has promised to hide it until Monday (my birthday is on Monday) :laugh:

az123
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Yay! my DPX21 headset arrived today! Too bad I'm at work, and my missus has promised to hide it until Monday (my birthday is on Monday) :laugh:

Well jords, nothing says "please can I have my headset now instead of Monday" like a $10 bunch of flowers bought on the way home from work at the servo or supermarket :)

JORDS686
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Awww you charmer. And to think I was considering Nurf's 'happy wife' tactics!

I've told her I'll pick her up from the pub later tonight hoping that will do the trick!

az123
03-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah that should do it! And not sure if I'm a charmer or not. The amount of flowers my wife receives is directly proportionate to: How many beers I drink at the pub, the amount if times I've neglected to cook dinner cause I've either stayed at the pub too long or have been stuck in the time space continuum of ps3 land, or how much money I've spent on beer, games, plants or something for man land.

Edit: and so far it's worked a treat every time.

JORDS686
04-06-2011, 09:29 AM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/JORDS686/photo.jpg

Amelia doesn't know what the fuck Nurf is dribbling on about....

Haha first night with the new headset and its well worth the investment! There are sounds in the game I never even knew about. Being able to hear footsteps is a massive advantage.

Locoevo
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Have you got it set to wartapes jords? seriously you'll hear a fly fart with that audio mode.

JORDS686
04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah I do, I had a fiddle with that and it makes a big difference! Some of the big explosions last night made my back teeth rattle. And the Abrahms .50cal gives me a battle fat...

mudman05
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
So definitely worth the extra money Jords over the standard px21's

JORDS686
04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
So definitely worth the extra money Jords over the standard px21's

I can't comment on that yet, because I used the DSS all night last night. I'm going to give the headset a go tonight without the DSS to see what difference it makes and I'll report my findings. I'm planning on fiddling with all the settings to get the sound how I like it.

One big thing I did notice... Where's this infamous "hiss"? Even with the volume cranked when it fell silent it was just that... Silent.

mudman05
06-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Let us know what you think Jords, was talking to EB games & they td me to buy the p11 as it is the same headset as the px21 only that you can only use on ps3 & it's $50 cheaper

JORDS686
06-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I used mine without the DSS on the weekend and the sound is still very good. It doesn't sound as immersive but I can't fault the headset at all. I noticed ozgameshop have reduced their prices so you can get the DPX21 for $130 with free postage. It's well worth the money. I considered the 11's but i didn't want to spend $50 less and then wish I had the better unit.

Have a look at the TB website. The 11's are different, they use different speakers and don't have the bass adjustment like the 21's. I'm not sure about the advice from EB on the TB products, they didn't even know you could get a DSS when I went in asking about it.

Edit: there is only 1 left at ozgameshop so if you want it you need to hurry...

mudman05
06-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Was too slow, went on after I saw your post & was out of stock

JORDS686
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe I know why. I was looking at it an hour ago, turns out it's in my cart so it's showing as none in stock. I've just removed it so jump on and grab them.

Go to the homepage and click the turtle beach icon on the bottom right of the screen. They will be there.

L1eutenant
06-06-2011, 03:07 PM
My new G35's for my PC are wicked, the 7.1 really works well, plus the voice morphing.

One down side tho, the headsets weigh a bit so it does hurt your head after a while.

JORDS686
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Muddy I just edited my post have a read QUICK!!!

mudman05
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Jords, will check out now & then just have to convince wife to buy now instead of my birthday in a few months

Edit: went on & still out of stock

JORDS686
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Just buy now and when she finds out say 'oh yeah I forgot to tell you about it's a birthday present for myself'

That's exactly what I did and I got away with it haha

mudman05
07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
They say it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission

Lyndo96
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I've had my PX21's for about a month now and I really love them. The work on my PC Mac and XBOX. The only problem i have is the 'hiss', which i can only hear when it is silent as you said. Are there any ways i can get rid of it cause it can be bloody annoying :banghead:

JORDS686
07-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't get any hiss through mine usually. I dis notice it the other day when I put black ops on. As soon as I quit the game, it stopped. Maybe certain games are worse than others...

Lyndo96
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Well i hook mine up to my mac as I said, and all audio comes through the chat channel which doesnt hiss at all. Its when I start to turn the game volume up that it hisses, and therefore, when I'm on my XBOX, it hisses in silent moments...

Just re-read this and realized it may make absolutely no sense... It's not your fault if you struggle to understand it =P

L1eutenant
08-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Well i hook mine up to my mac as I said, and all audio comes through the chat channel which doesnt hiss at all. Its when I start to turn the game volume up that it hisses, and therefore, when I'm on my XBOX, it hisses in silent moments...

Just re-read this and realized it may make absolutely no sense... It's not your fault if you struggle to understand it =P

mine used to hiss all the time, (PS3) however i have my new logitech G35 (for computer) and no hissing at all.

With the p21's i have a feeling if you run through the red and white inputs/outputs you get hissing, but when run through USB (on the computer) then there is very little to no hiss...

Lyndo96
08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeh well when I play on my xbox I run through the audio jack on my audio system, due to hdmi, which works as the av cables do. So I think the hissing is just caused by the game volume.

az123
18-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Bumped for b-zooka's benefit :)

B-ZoOKa
18-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey, looking at getting these Tritton AX 720's. Anyone got these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tritton-AX-720-Gaming-Headset-720-Dolby-Digital-Su-/300568633660?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item45fb49613c#ht_1183wt_1139

repercuss
18-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Continued from the other thread...

I think you shouldn't bother with headphones. The sneaky bastards need all the help they can get. Haha.

Seriously though its so worth it its indescribable. I rock the dpx21's not tritons so can't help you there.

Tapped not typed.

B-ZoOKa
18-06-2011, 09:09 PM
The ones I was looking at are only $30 more than yours. I'm willing to pay that for a better sound. Without sounding like a fanboy, the youtube chaps like hutch and other people on respawn prefer trittons. They aren't that expensive and seem to be pretty decent, highly considering buying now to reduce the postage time due to that volcanic ash crap.

Joshizzled
18-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I love it when i girl sets her head on my dick. Suck it bitch 1!!!!!

B-ZoOKa
19-06-2011, 08:11 AM
err.....ok bro. But yeah I'll be sending off for some trittons soon.

Joshizzled
19-06-2011, 11:05 AM
man i was drunk. off to play soccer now. i need a turtlebeach headset.

B-ZoOKa
19-06-2011, 10:56 PM
haha okay.... But just beware, I've heard turtle beach customer support is bull shit, and I know people who have had bad experiences with them.

L1eutenant
19-06-2011, 10:58 PM
haha okay.... But just beware, I've heard turtle beach customer support is bull shit, and I know people who have had bad experiences with them.

Yeah, i don't like turtle beach headsets very much, the logitech ones are alright

JORDS686
20-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I love my TB's.

nurfman
24-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Headphones. You’ve seen one pair you’ve seen them all. Unless they’re Sony’s new official wireless PS3 headphones, in which case, they look different, and great as a result.
The standard headphone design of “buds and band” is dominated by two massive panels over the earpieces, one there to hide the microphone which can retract within, the other to… balance things out and keep the whole thing looking sharp.
Im buying these and theyre under a $100 US

http://electronlifer.info/uploadfiles/electronliferinfo-1303328750/sony-releases-official-wireless-ps3-headset_1.jpg

The headphones promise 7.1 sound, are wireless via Bluetooth connectivity and will have complete on-screen displays for stuff like battery levels and sound controls. How good that all works in practice we’ll have to wait until September to find out, as they won’t be released until then.

And when they are, they’ll be $US100.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/the-ps3s-new-headphones-look-awesome/

Ropes
30-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I had some PX21's until the right ear piece decided to become unattached to the headpiece.

Nothing suss, I swear.

Now have Px5's and I tell you something, they are fucking awesome.