PDA

View Full Version : playing dvds on my ps3

rezn8richo
09-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Ok so I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, couldn't find a relevant thread soz if one exists...

When I try to watch DVDs on my ps3 for some reason the screen goes black and I can't seee any picture.
I have the system connected through HDMI and Blu Rays play fine.
When I put a DVD in the system it reads the disc and it comes up on the DMZ in the video menu all fine but when I press play the disc starts to load then the screen just goes black.
I've tried changing some of the settings relevant to video playback but nothing seems to work. It's probably something really simple, does anyone know the solution???

TaLEntZ96
09-06-2010, 08:55 PM
What is your tv's res?? Are the movies originals or burnt/pirated?

rezn8richo
09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I've tried pirated and originals mate, I have full HD 1080p tele in the loungeroom and 1080i hd output tele in the room and I'm havin the same probs on both. Which leads me to believe I need to change some setting on the ps3.

TaLEntZ96
09-06-2010, 09:00 PM
When im on the PS3 next i will have a look.

rezn8richo
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Cheers mate. Where's Snicks and Stiffy when ya need em? I'm sure they'll know the solution

TaLEntZ96
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
when you need em their never around :)

asadoxian
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
oh stiffy and snicks are always watching hahaha got me beat mate but bide your time one of those two will post and answer to your question in the near future i would assume haha

Locoevo
10-06-2010, 06:31 AM
im not 100% buddy but i think its got to do with the region of the disc like some are NTSC and some PAL but there is an actually area rating thats 1 thru 8 i think.. ive read something about this before but cant remember where.

Found a thread on whirlpool about it.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1139037.html

and heres a description on wiki read this it will explain alot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Hope this helps buddy.

Also Kobes or Otis may know about this stuff as they buy DVDs from other countries so they may know what to look for.

purple_cateye
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
i think has to do with the ps3 region... i also buy dvds from china and can also play on my ps3. i am watching tv series on it as well

asadoxian
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
well my legit copy of Masters of the universe wont work on the ps3 it's pal and aus region it comes up with an error and a bunch of numbers when i googled the error number all the forums are sayin that its an error for trying to play a burnt dual layer dvd NTSC of which the dvd i'm trying to play isn't any of those categories lol any one help my dvd player is playing up so i can't watch it on that have to watch it on PC for the time being

rezn8richo
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone who's responded, I'm gonna try a few different discs and see how that goes. One of the sites Loco embedded had a guy saying that only paramount discs worked on his system so I'll try a few paramount discs and see how that goes.
Pretty fkn stupid situation really you'd think all PAL dvds should work. Sony pisses me off sometimes