PDA

View Full Version : COD4 Online - Hosting Problem

vlastanovak
24-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Everytime i'm made host, it automatically quits the game, even though i don't touch anything?

:?

kobeson
25-03-2008, 10:09 AM
well, last night I kept joining your games, and this happened.

and then I decided to host, and invite you, and you joined, *then left, then invited me again... was not going to join you as you said you kept having troubles...

vlastanovak
25-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm stopping sending party invites as of tonight for this reason. Don't stop inviting me though guys!

kobeson
25-03-2008, 08:37 PM
cool mate :)

vlastanovak
25-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Just tried to jump on for a game or two - copped abuse from Ruthless_Spartan from Noo Zuland regarding my inability to host.

Apparently he's been in a number of my games that have fallen apart, and he gave me quite the spray. I always apologise and let everyone know that it's a connection issue and that i'm not actually just quitting the game. but he still gave me a serve.

What a cocksucker.

:|

kobeson
26-03-2008, 10:00 AM
a few of my hosted games droped out over the last few days too... host leaving crap... I wonder what's causing it? never happened to me b4 - didn't change any settings...

KLAZLA
26-03-2008, 02:21 PM
pretty sure this is related to pings to your server. *I'm not sure what broadband plan you are on (upload/download) but it seems that if 50% or more of the connections to your server are red or yellow pings, it auto quits out.

always happens to me when i am host and get a wad of o/seas connections or poor local ones.

If i land a bunch of aussies, it's generally tops.

Miney
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think i have ever been made a Host. I don't even know how i can tell if i have. I would say that this means that i haven't in fact experienced it yet. I also only have a 256kb/s connection so i don't think it would be too good an option to make me a host.

gor289
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah I have a 1.5mb/256mb and I reckon I can only host team tactical without too much lag.
Also i have a wireless conection (that i'm changing soon) so I think that would have alot to do with my poor host rates.
It would br good to know what levels of internet speed can host in terms of amount of players. I know that it varies depending on distance and also what the other players connection speed is but it would be good to have a rough idea of what speeds are a minimal requirement! IMO

stieny
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I had my PS3 freeze up on me the other day and now can not join any party invites and no one can join my party when i invite them. still works for invites to games (just not parties) If anyone has any info how to fix this would be much appreciated,

Cheers stieny