PDA

View Full Version : MW2 : Stuck on Fetching Playlist :(

Chiips
18-11-2009, 01:06 PM
This is really giving me the shits for the past few days.

- I usually have no problems playing online (MW, KZ2, Socom, BF etc) despite my crappy ADSL connection (1.5mb)
- But for the life of me I can't figure out how to play online with MW2.

My connection has been unstable lately, with fluctuating pings, but it doesn't stop me from surfing the net, and can connect to PSN etc. I can play Spec Ops on coop - although laggy, but sinmply CANNOT play MP.

I get stuck on Fetching Playlist
Updating ranks and whatever...
Connecting to Server complete?? or whatver...

sticks there FOREVER :( Down the bottom, it says 0/0 players are online.... but I see the scrolling letters telling <this mofo> is playing dom on <map>.

I've checked the net, and it seems like this only happens on PS3 and not xbox. Quite a few people around the world have same problem. There's still no definitive answer/post for it, and IW doesnt give a s#%t. Some people are also reporting that they no longer can connect to MW anymore.

I've tried 2 different modems, even one with PS3 to modem only and nothing else plugged in.... nudda. Even just happen to have a different PS3, tried that and still same problem. I'm PISSSSSSED off :33:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm probably the only one in AUF :(

Chiips
18-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Going to have to muck around a bit more re: DMZing (already played with it though).... and in particularly
forwarding ports 3074 and 3075 is what's I've read so far.

AStiffBreeze
18-11-2009, 01:12 PM
It's almost certainly your net connection. Did you try running the PS3 speedtest with all of your PC's switched off, and see if there was a tangible difference between that and when they were both on?

Going to have to muck around a bit more re: DMZing (already played with it though).... and in particularly forwarding ports 3074 and 3075 is what's I've read so far.
Forget port forwarding, go with the DMZ approach. DMZ is basically forwarding every single port that exists. There's no reason not to do it with a PS3, since there are no security implications.

Chiips
18-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Tried Speed Test in PS3 => one where it checks for connection, PSN, NAT type etc
and it always comes up empty. Doesn't matter if I used router/modem with 2 PC + PS3 connected, or just PS3 connected. I also used a normal single modem straight to PS3 with nothing else connected (even pulled all phones out of socket) and still same. Speed test comes up empty.

I can run speedtest on the PC however when it is connected, and it's either running as normal (ping ~38ms, UL/DL 1.2/.2) or crap (300+ms, 0.4/01)

I'm going to try other online games (1943, Socom) tonight and see if they work, and DMZ PS3 as suggested.

Chiips
19-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Weird shit. I managed to get online without doing anything to my settings, but get kicked off every few minutes. Probably due to my fluctuating connection rather than netword setup?

Then I created static IP and put it into DMZ, giving me NAT 2 and Open NAT type and I couldn't join anything again. Once more stuck on fetching playlist. I give up... if it won't let me play, MW2 can go die

AStiffBreeze
19-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Weird shit. I managed to get online without doing anything to my settings, but get kicked off every few minutes. Probably due to my fluctuating connection rather than netword setup?

Then I created static IP and put it into DMZ, giving me NAT 2 and Open NAT type and I couldn't join anything again. Once more stuck on fetching playlist. I give up... if it won't let me play, MW2 can go die

Is it only MW2 where you're seeing these problems? How did BF1943 and SOCOM go?

upsilonsnachr
19-11-2009, 11:12 AM
i had this problem on the second day of release and still does but it only takes 15-30 sec not more than that

Chiips
19-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Is it only MW2 where you're seeing these problems? How did BF1943 and SOCOM go?

I must admit I was sooooo happy to finally get online and play a handful of games (mostly loses and badly :D) that I didn't bother to try 1943 or Socom.
Won't be able to try until maybe Sat, still a work in progress.... but at least I played some games despite losing connection at times :D

@ NZ : I've left it on fetching for more than 15mins and nudda.... whereas when it works, hasn't taken more than 10seconds.

discobreakfast
28-03-2010, 01:16 PM
that's really strange. This has started happening to me although it only takes about 15 - 30 seconds and it boots in and I can play games fine, i dont notice and lag.