PDA

View Full Version : PSN problem

kobeson
26-10-2009, 04:36 PM
With MW2 almost here, I have to get this problem sorted - it has been happening for a while now.

I have a 25m cable from my router to my PS3 - have had this since day dot on the PS3. But in the past couple months, in the time I haven't really played much online, I have been getting signed out quite a bit.

Whenever I am on the PS3 these days it is to watch downloaded TV shows and movies etc. I will be watching away, using WMP media network, streaming from my PC to my PS3. The streaming will be seamless, no drop outs or interruptions at all, yet I always get a "you ahve been signed out" error, and yeah I have no PSN connection - but I still have full internet connection on the PS3 (can browse net etc on PS3) and can still stream vids.

In summary - I get signed out of PSNetwork, but my internet connection is still there.

Anybody know what could be causing this?

YNWA01
26-10-2009, 04:39 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/16/633624269548654770-technology.jpg

lol, soz dude, NFI!!!

Kacoul-
26-10-2009, 04:40 PM
nope

edit: ^lmao

kobeson
26-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the tech support lol :001_rolleyes:

I figure somebody on here will have an idea - I wonder if a weakening cable can cause a PSN dropout, but retain the connection still?!?

YNWA01
26-10-2009, 04:44 PM
If Stiffy can't provide a solution then all hope is lost...

Smajs
26-10-2009, 04:44 PM
First off it should give an error code, that is the first step to fixing the problem
Playstation 3 Error Code List

0710102 - DNS Error; No DSN server available.

80130203 - PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

80710092 - "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network" - (connection dropped?)

80710102 - PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router

80710541 - The connection to the server timed out.

80710B23 - PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

Find which one will help then on to the next step.

kobeson
26-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Ok cheers Smaj :)

I have come across these 3 from time to time:

0710102 - DNS Error; No DSN server available.

80710092 - An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network.

80710541 - The connection to the server timed out.

will get the exact error code next time it happens.

Miney
26-10-2009, 04:53 PM
If Stiffy can't provide a solution then all hope is lost...

You lie. I have provided more solutions :46:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/16/633624269548654770-technology.jpg

lol, soz dude, NFI!!!

FLMAO!!! HAHAHAHA

Thanks for the tech support lol :001_rolleyes:

I figure somebody on here will have an idea - I wonder if a weakening cable can cause a PSN dropout, but retain the connection still?!?

Since you are maintaining connection to the internet and your media server i would say that the cable is fine. I know when i used to watch movies, etc. i would consistently get a message saying that i was disconnected from PSN. But it would reconnect and later on it would disconnect again. I thought it was a problem at first as well but it seemed to just iron itself out later on down the track.

What Media Server are you using? Perhaps it has something to do with that because i know i rarely get disconnected from PSN when gaming but when watching movies i do. Can't really explain it.

NosajEel
26-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I use Tversity to stream all my conntent to my PS3.. (cant stand Mediaplayer) I get the DNS server drop out all the time and get disconnected from PSN while streaming content but never get signed out while playing games. Its not an issue with your cables or anything im sure its just got sometyhing to do with your media server fucking shit up. Dont stress as im sure it wont drop out when your playing only when streaming.. Then again i may be WRONG wouldnt be the first time

kobeson
26-10-2009, 05:08 PM
@Miney - I am using WMP network. This never happened on my old router, but has since I got this one from spils - d-link G604T. I think I had my settings right on the old one, not sure now.

@Nosaj - that sounds exactly the same as me. I use WMP network though, and it never used to happen to me until recently (new router, as I said to miney).

I have just enabled DMZ (I couldn't ever do this before as I had VOIP, but don't any longer) so I will see if that fixes it for now.

Cheers guys, I will get back to you all tomorrow after giving it another run tonight :)

NosajEel
26-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Let us know how u go..I have my PS3 in a DMZ aswell and i still get the dropouts from DNS servers and get signed out.. Im running a D-link DSL-2740B so i dunno if that may help or not

Miney
26-10-2009, 05:27 PM
@Miney - I am using WMP network. This never happened on my old router, but has since I got this one from spils - d-link G604T. I think I had my settings right on the old one, not sure now.

@Nosaj - that sounds exactly the same as me. I use WMP network though, and it never used to happen to me until recently (new router, as I said to miney).

I have just enabled DMZ (I couldn't ever do this before as I had VOIP, but don't any longer) so I will see if that fixes it for now.

Cheers guys, I will get back to you all tomorrow after giving it another run tonight :)

I am using the same Router. Which possibly nails things down a little more. It's a good router i find but i doubt it is making this problem.

I would imagine that enabling DMZ might have fixed it simply due to the fact that the WMP Server uses specific ports to transfer the data. Having all these ports open due to enabling DMZ could potentially fix any issues it is having transferring data and thus kicking you off PSN (for some reason or another).

All in all, try PS3 Media Server instead for a while if the DMZ hasn't fixed it. But my bet is it fixes it.

xo

kobeson
26-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Cool will try that out :)

I just checked my WMPNetwork, and I got this error before long:

"error:a DLNA protocol error(2006) has occured"

This is another error I get - any ideas what might cause this?

Will look for PS3 Media Server now :)

kobeson
26-10-2009, 08:15 PM
fk me I hat all this BS - I seemingly got it all up and running on the DMZ, and installed PS3 Media Server. Went to play a vid, and it crashed all my media servers (PS3MS + WMP + TVersity) and couldn't get them back with restarting everything, so I reset my router, reinstalled WMP11, re-config'd everything back to how it was before and now I still have no media servers. I can play a vid for a min or 2, they all crash again. I tried going DMZ again, no diff. I tried uninstalling PS2MS, no diff.

I wish there were an easy way to just plug it all in and play...

Miney
26-10-2009, 08:42 PM
:|

It's so hard lending a helping hand when you don't know the exact situation and what you have/haven't done. Sounds like you're doing all the right things....Rebooting for coming on here and whinging that things aren't working, setting everything back to defaults, re-installing things. Fucked if i no what can be wrong...........Are your DNS Server Settings the current ones for your ISP and your location?

Snickersma
26-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Im not sure I can add anymore than others have... I have tried NUMEROUS media servers and have had problems with all of them .. what should be a simple thing for some reason becomes ridiculous.

Tversity always seemed to show up on the PS3 - if allowed as an exception in my firewall - but stuttered horribly with anything other than standard def files .. and with SD files was limited to certain mpeg files types natively. It is supposed to transcode anything else on the fly but more often then not for me used to crash.

PS3mediaserver I found very unstable and for the life of me could NOT get to regularly show up (or be recognised) by my PS3 ... but (apparently) it works OK. I did get a bluray rip of unforgiven working once .. but since blu's are 3 different media types ... it only works for some LOL.

XMBC is a good one to try but has an elaborate menu system ... urrk..

But generally errors like DLNA errors mean that the files you are trying to stream either are NOT DLNA compliant ...or your PC security settings have them allocated to a user that doesnt have the access to stream them .. or something like that.

The router just assigns the PS3 its IP address.. the streaming takes place across the network so isnt related to your actual ISP internet connection. So your net might work fine .. but the PC file sharing is buggered.

But .. err .. that doesnt really answer anything ... like why you are getting signed out of the PSN independant of anything else .. I have no idea about that.

YNWA01
26-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Why not just put a DVD in and watch that? They don't call me "Helpful Mike" for nothing y'know.

Snickersma
26-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Quite seriously I got so fed up with trying to serve media from my PC network through y PS3 I bought a computer with HDMI and Bluray in it so I could just plug it directly into my TV!!

Streaming through the PS3 for anything other than simple music and basic video (mpeg and some avi) files is shithouse and WILL drive you mad LOL. I spend waaaay too many weekends trying to set it all up so it was flawless and always worked ... but sure enough for some reason the bloody media server doesnt show up .. or a file that worked yesterday now doesnt work etc etc!! Arggh haha!!

AStiffBreeze
27-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Some routers have problems when the UPnP and/or Media Server options on the PS3 are turned On/Off. There are four configs to try:

UPnP = On, Media Server = On;
UPnP = On, Media Server = Off;
UPnP = Off, Media Server = On;
UPnP = Off, Media Server = Off.

I suspect that if you try those four combinations, at least one of them will fix your PSN issues. If it's a settings combo that you can live with, good, otherwise your only other option is to get a different type of router.

kobeson
27-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the input guys (yeah, I ended up doing that mike lol :D) I will try those settings out stiffy, ta :)

I had it running fine up until I tried putting it in a DMZ, and then it screwed it all lol even after resetting everything, reinstalling WMP etc. TVersity won't play a video file, and WMP plays one for about a minute then shits itself - the file I tried is one I have watched right through, so it is definitely something to do with the router or the PS3 settings, but after resetting them all and starting over about 5 times, it still isn't working!!

Will try your suggestions stiff, will see how I go.

Chiips
27-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I've got 2 PCs at home and installed PS3 Media Server on both. One computer (more RAM) seem to work better than the other, but many movies often stutter or crash. Same problem with PSN signing out.....

I assumed it was because my comp isn't good enough??? so I've resorted to copying stuff on USB drive and just plugging that into the 3.

I thought I was the only one having problems running this media streaming business smoothly.

kobeson
27-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Mine was running fine for fkn ages, until I changed some settings - so I am sure I can get it back and running again, just dunno how.

But yeah, the USB stick is the way to go I think...

CheekyChimpanzee
27-10-2009, 06:39 PM
hey kobes...

I've been wondering if they changed something at the PSN side of things recently. Since 2007 I had been using the same router as you, unwired, without a DMZ with no problems.. then a couple of weeks back, it just kept signing out of PSN or wouldn't connect to any games or, most annoyingly, would sign in, connect to games, but i would "time out" of servers back to the lobby after 2-3 minutes every, single, game.

Miney jumped on MSN and talked me through DMZing my router (AWESOME BLOKE) and this has rectified the problem for me.

However, and this is the key one for me, one thing I didn't know was the obscure place you have to go in router admin to save your settings so that they actually save!!! Everytime I had reset my router for years any port forwarding etc I'd done (particularly for BF:BC) was lost.. once Miney pointed this out to me, all settings seem to have saved.

kobeson
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey cheekychimp :)

Have been away for the past week, have to get this bloody thing up and running quick smart, will have another go and will make sure I was saving my settings also, cheers :)

Miney
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
hey kobes...

I've been wondering if they changed something at the PSN side of things recently. Since 2007 I had been using the same router as you, unwired, without a DMZ with no problems.. then a couple of weeks back, it just kept signing out of PSN or wouldn't connect to any games or, most annoyingly, would sign in, connect to games, but i would "time out" of servers back to the lobby after 2-3 minutes every, single, game.

Miney jumped on MSN and talked me through DMZing my router (AWESOME BLOKE) and this has rectified the problem for me.

However, and this is the key one for me, one thing I didn't know was the obscure place you have to go in router admin to save your settings so that they actually save!!! Everytime I had reset my router for years any port forwarding etc I'd done (particularly for BF:BC) was lost.. once Miney pointed this out to me, all settings seem to have saved.

:001_cool:

Hey cheekychimp :)

Have been away for the past week, have to get this bloody thing up and running quick smart, will have another go and will make sure I was saving my settings also, cheers :)

Yeah do that mate. If your settings haven't been saving and you have been rebooting, it would mean that they are going straight back to where you started initially and hence wouldn't be having any affect at all...Which is basically what is happening because you aren't getting anywhere.

As i said above, if you have DMZ'ed correctly, etc. then i can't understand what else could be the problem other than making sure that the sharing is configured correctly on your PC and your PC firewall isn't blocking any of the ports that the sharing uses.

:29:

kobeson
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, I checked my settings and they were saving fine all along. I reinstalled WMP11 just now, resetup everything again, and installed PS3 Media Server. I just managed to watch a 22min TV show on PS3MS, but WMP11 server is still crashing.

I have NFI what is causing it, like I said all was fine for about 18 months up until last week when i changed some settings to enable DMZ. Wish I never bothered changing things, but kept getting signed out of PSN (with fine media sharing).

Will try some more vids, hopefully it will work fine on PS3MS from now on...

mudman05
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Kobes, i have been having the same psn sign out problems when watching movies/showes thru WMP on ps3, but as soon as i finish it will sign back in & have had no problems with gameplay. I am running DLINK 524 router & have had the same set up for nearly 15 months & it is only just recently that it has happened. It wouldn't be anything with the last ps3 update that they have mucked up?

kobeson
05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey mate, now that you mention it also I am beginning to think it could be something like that... that was the reason I enabled DMZ which lost me TVersity and WMP11 servers, but I am running PS3MS flawlessly now so I seem to be all fixed. While using PS3MS these past 2 days a fair bit, I have not been signed out once, so I suggest you try downloading yourself a copy of it mudman, and hopefully it fixes your problem also. It is a lot faster to show up your shared media than WMP11 also.

It's funny that some servers work for some ppl, and not for others. Miney suggested it, Snicks said it wouldn't work well for him, and now I also recommend it.

Here is the link if interested: http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

And btw - big ups to everybody for offering their services, can always depend on you blokes for some prompt advice :)

mudman05
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Glad it is working fine Kobes & thanks for the link, will defo try it out.

kobeson
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah, so far so good, let us know how you go mate :)

Miney
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Good to hear that PS3MS is providing you with the goods for the moment mate. ;) Hope all stays good from now on. Now that Mudman mentioned it, it could have something to do with the update and just have been a convenience that you changed your settings at around the same time.

Anyway, goodluck :) Post back if things go to shit again.

discobreakfast
07-11-2009, 08:22 AM
sounds like you guys use heaps of different programs to stream from the PC....I just use VUZE which is the old Azureus for torrents. That streams all my stuff from PC fine and I get no PSN problems. It's just plug and play really, drag and drop movies into the Vuze PS3 folder which is already set up by the program and it runs :D

kobeson
07-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I use Vuze/Azureus for downloads, but have never tried it for streaming. You have to have it in the right folders do you disco? Can you just set the path within the prog? If so, might give it a go.

But I am really happy with PS3MS at the moment, it is very reliable and fast to use, and I have hade ZERO troubles with it in these past 3-4 days now, and have been giving it a good test out. It is so much faster at updating your folders etc than WMP11 ever was for me.

discobreakfast
08-11-2009, 08:50 AM
yeah pretty much on the left hand side of the program when it's open, if your PS3 is turned on, it while automatically recognise it and the PS3 icon will appear on the left hand side under your downloads/what's new etc

Then from windows explorer just drag and drop your movies into the PS3 icon and it tarts converting/preparing them for stream which only takes about 2 seconds for each file, then just go onto your PS3, under video and the VUZE symbol will pop up, and play the files you want :D