PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

Capt_Jack_West
22-06-2009, 11:27 PM
My PS3 has died (sad face). I was in the middle of watching a DVD and it just powered down and wouldn't turn on. I turned it off for a while (switch at the back) and then turned it back on while holding eject and managed to get the disk out.

It still won't actually start so it's back to the shop for me. I haven't backed up data. If I get a new unit will I still be able to use my PSN The_Idea? Will I be P10 L55 with my hard earned golden ak or will I have to start over?

If so F$#K Sony in right in the ear!

R5169
22-06-2009, 11:28 PM
yoru online stats are sweet mate, your just gonna lose SP files/music/downloads on the current unit.

KLAZLA
22-06-2009, 11:33 PM
awww man that shit blows....

i still cant believe mine hasnt gone yet *youch wood* in the last 3 months its been used or on about 14 hours a day

Capt_Jack_West
22-06-2009, 11:41 PM
If I had lost the golden guns I would have been pissed!

I bought mine 6/5/07 (I just found the receipt) and got the extended Back to Base warranty. It says on the receipt I got an extended 2 year warranty. That means it would have expired just over a month ago.

If Sony don't replace the unit saying its out of warranty then watch Today Tonight for this story! And once again F#$K them right in the ear!

Kacoul-
22-06-2009, 11:42 PM
u will lose trophys aswell :(

karnage001
22-06-2009, 11:45 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/funeral0505_468x308.jpg

Nissx
22-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Ahhhh, Bad Luck man.

Smajs
22-06-2009, 11:57 PM
IF you sync with server you will get trophies back after you run the game again,the next time you sync they should be back,start every trophy game you have again then exit then sync, my HDD corrupted yesterday so i lost everything but luckily i backed up to an external HDD, everyone should back up on regular basis...... So many Aufers have lost their PS3s' now....it's a conspiracy to stop our awesomeness, the gaming world cannot handle AUF,poor PS3 can't either.

karnage001
23-06-2009, 12:44 AM
if you sync with server you will get trophies back after you run the game again,the next time you sync they should be back,start every trophy game you have again then exit then sync, my hdd corrupted yesterday so i lost everything but luckily i backed up to an external hdd, everyone should back up on regular basis...... So many aufers have lost their ps3s' now....it's a conspiracy to stop our awesomeness, the gaming world cannot handle auf,poor ps3 can't either.

lol

mookison
23-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Idea if u got the extended 2 year warranty then it's still in warranty. Cuz u get a year from sony plus ur 2 years. So it's valid till next may. If I read ur post right

afin93
23-06-2009, 08:58 AM
you can take you HDD out of you buggered one and put it in the new one (if you get a new one). i know this as i upgrade my HDD for 40gb to 320gb at home...really easy and shit

YNWA01
23-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Unlucky dude. Hope you get a break on the warranty situation.

Capt_Jack_West
23-06-2009, 10:34 AM
@ Mooks
That's exactly what I'm going to say to them. I'll swear black and blue that I have a total of three years warranty. It's probably true anyway.

@ afin
I have a feeling it's the HDD that actually buggered. I go to turn on the system and it doesn't even run. I've seen some posts about laser problems and my poor sick PS3 doesn't have the same symptoms.

@ smajs
Damn government. Maybe I had the missinig treasury letter KRudd is talking about stored on my system.

If i'm out for a few weeks then watch out arcade - I'm coming for those high scores.

Kacoul-
23-06-2009, 03:53 PM
i challenge u to beat eon's SI score

Miney
23-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Bad luck mate. That sucks. Seems to be the watching of DVD's that is killing them :p

themonkeysmiles
23-06-2009, 06:38 PM
IF you sync with server you will get trophies back after you run the game again,the next time you sync they should be back,start every trophy game you have again then exit then sync, my HDD corrupted yesterday so i lost everything but luckily i backed up to an external HDD, everyone should back up on regular basis...... So many Aufers have lost their PS3s' now....it's a conspiracy to stop our awesomeness, the gaming world cannot handle AUF,poor PS3 can't either.

Smajs...please tell me the make and model of your external drive...

Did you have to do anything to it to get the ps3 to recognise it....

tell me please...I got a seagate freeagent 750 gig thingy....but the ps3 is blind to it....

Smajs
23-06-2009, 08:41 PM
To get the PS3 to recognise an external HDD it must be formatted to FAT 32 , this site should help with that http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/formatting-external-hard-drive-to-fat-32/

I have a Maxtor 500GB HDD but it like the majority of external drives is in NTFS format, once you convert it to FAT 32 all should be good (you will lose the data currently on th external HDD when you format it)
EDIT This site has a great tool to format,http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html

themonkeysmiles
23-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Thatnks man..I will definately give these a go....

I have had two major malfunctions of ps3's over time and have been unable to backup for a while...so now I have a bit of hope....

cool.

Capt_Jack_West
23-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Dropped it of at Harvey Norman today and they told me the Back to Base warranty does not mean a straight out replacement. They do all the running around for me and send it away to get assessed by a Sony repairer. If they say it will be too expensive to fix, they will replace it within 48 hours. If they are going to fix it, it will be anywhere from 2-5 weeks!!!

Fingures crossed for a brand new one.