PDA

View Full Version : hosting dilemma - wetwork map

GraphicX
20-06-2009, 06:23 PM
few of you have been playing in my parties now i've sorted my net out.

everything seems great until the map wetwork comes up.

no kidding i can't even walk on that map, it is EXTREMELY bad, i teleport all over the place & it's completely unplayable for me (some of you may have noticed my 30+ deaths & less then 10 kills a couple of times !!!).

the ridiculous thing is that everyone else in the game seems completely unaffected.

i've had bog come up a couple of times while hosting ground wars & the issue doesn't come up there at all, only ever wetwork & not ground war, just normal 6v6 games.

any ideas on why it's happening ???? at the moment if that map comes up & i'm the host please skip it or i'll have to close the lobby & reform.

Fozz
20-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Your connection is shit? :p

MannequinScreams
20-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Wetwork sucks dick any way. No great loss.

KLAZLA
20-06-2009, 06:43 PM
did you read the small print before you signed up for interwebz?

most say, duz not supoorts the wetworks for u kidz ok.

Fozz
20-06-2009, 06:43 PM
If I remember rightly, that map gets a bit laggy when I'm hosting games on it too. No-where near the extent you're experiencing tho.

Eonycteris
20-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I can have horrid games when I host Wetwork - exactly what you are talkng about. When its raining (in the game) it's especially bad, and then comes along a helo which makes me "lag" even worse.

Trust your guns I've found, aim and shoot as if your NOT lagging, and you can still get the kills. Dunno what it's like from the other's perspective in the lobby...

Miney
20-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't worry mate, my interwebz is supreme and it still happens with me. We all know that i have the best internet and am the best host in AUF.

I think it's due to the amount of random grenades that are being thrown and the all round nature of the map...It just fails.

Kacoul-
20-06-2009, 08:12 PM
i cant even join ur lobbys miney ur the worst host lol

KLAZLA
20-06-2009, 08:15 PM
mineys connection goes up and down, seems to be in sync with how he moves. He gets hit to last stand and it lags, just walking around its fine... makes me wonder sometimes.

karnage001
20-06-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah its horrible hosting wetworks, i usually just sit back and snipe

Miney
20-06-2009, 11:39 PM

You probably haven't port-forwarded/enabled DMZ properly :p

mineys connection goes up and down, seems to be in sync with how he moves. He gets hit to last stand and it lags, just walking around its fine... makes me wonder sometimes.

Yeah i ALWAYS use my lag switch when you're in the game. That would explain it...

Kacoul-
20-06-2009, 11:52 PM
You probably haven't port-forwarded/enabled DMZ properly

ive always wanted to no how to do that is there a thread anywhere

Oridin
21-06-2009, 12:38 AM
I had the same issue Graph ... After my line was fixed (the result nearly doubled my old speed) it sorta removed the issue. However, i still get a bit of lag from time to time. Whats your line connection these days??

heres mine
Upstream - 932 kbps
Downstream - 6044 kbps

KLAZLA
21-06-2009, 02:12 AM
ive always wanted to no how to do that is there a thread anywhere

go to site support, its stickied third from the top, quite easy, had to do it again tonight :S

ARandomNade
21-06-2009, 09:13 AM
few of you have been playing in my parties now i've sorted my net out.

everything seems great until the map wetwork comes up.

no kidding i can't even walk on that map, it is EXTREMELY bad, i teleport all over the place & it's completely unplayable for me (some of you may have noticed my 30+ deaths & less then 10 kills a couple of times !!!).

the ridiculous thing is that everyone else in the game seems completely unaffected.

i've had bog come up a couple of times while hosting ground wars & the issue doesn't come up there at all, only ever wetwork & not ground war, just normal 6v6 games.

any ideas on why it's happening ???? at the moment if that map comes up & i'm the host please skip it or i'll have to close the lobby & reform.

i do this on bog no other choice really it's just one of those maps

tho wetworks doesn't do it that bad for me anymore only when i have red pings in the game.

Smokin_Icarus
21-06-2009, 09:18 AM
bog and wetwork are natural laggy maps for most hosts

i wouldn't worry about it much graph

reflexionkiller
21-06-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah i think wetwork just lags for most hosts, shite map tbh

petulant_possum
21-06-2009, 09:21 AM
i upload at 960kbps and download at 18553 kbps with a ping of around 23ish and i lag like a mother trucker on wet works if i have anyone with yellow or red ping its not as bad as u have described though graph but my connection seems to handle bog rather well except with red pingers in the game.

i have my modem dmzed so i have no problems with anyone joining my games usually which is good before i dmzed my modem i had alot of problems with ppl joining der are also good speed boosts for my net and stuff once it was done

kobeson
21-06-2009, 12:03 PM
since day 1 wetwork and also bog have been problematic for me while hosting also, and others as mentioned... nothing new mate, surprised you weren't already aware...

Oridin
22-06-2009, 07:49 AM
there was a time when both didnt lag for me when hosting .. i reckon one of the early patches fucked it???

R5169
22-06-2009, 10:46 AM

hahahahahaha win

GraphicX
22-06-2009, 10:50 AM
thanks for all your input guys, really appreciated, sounds like it's just a map that has to be skipped if i'm the host :(

Miney
22-06-2009, 01:13 PM
hahahahahaha win

Funny that because i hosted earlier yesterday and he joined straight away and said that his ping felt better :its_party:

Kacoul-
22-06-2009, 04:06 PM
learn to read miney i said my ping did not improve but my joining of game did ever since i did that dmv stuff