PDA

View Full Version : PS3 won't connect

robjblair
27-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Here is something weird, my ps3 will not connect to the internet, but will find the ip address from the router. I have changed nothing since I was playing on friday night and turned it on on saturday and couldn't log on at all.
ANyone can help me please

Miney
27-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Weird.

I know you have probably already got this but have you tried just rebooting the router? Turn it off from the power switch perhaps. Along with the PS3.

Can't understand why it would just randomly cut out, especially since you haven't change anything. Try that a couple of times. Obviously your PC can connect to the internet no problems?

robjblair
27-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Have reset and rebooted the router several times, contacted my isp and they told me to f off because the internet was working. Computer is working fine.

B_enjamin411
27-04-2009, 06:20 PM
sony would tell you to do the internet connection test in the network settings and then try to identify the problem, and that is the only thing i can think of sorry dude.

robjblair
27-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Fixed problem. Reset ps3 back to factory default and started again. backed up data before though.

FUCKING PS3's Hours of my life I will never get back

Miney
27-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Hahahahaha. Seems weird how that happened. Unless it had something to do with the Wireless Adapter in the PS3 or something. But even then, it shouldn't have been able to 'find' an IP. Really weird dude.

Glad you got it fixed up! ;)