PDA

View Full Version : PS3, NAT 2 not stable!

Nissx
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Hey guys,

I've got NAT2 working on my PS3, I accomplished that by disabling NAT on my Modem which is connected to my Router. However, with NAT off and receiving NAT2 on my PS3 everything is just working sluggish. Internet is slow, sometimes is times out, also when playing games on the PS3, I get cut off or lag frequently.

What the heck is going on? I thought everything would be done and dusted once you've got NAT2 on your PS3, Oh man. I've spent soo many weeks working on this and still doesn't work properly. Some help would be appreciated to get over this last hurdle, thanks guys.

(Because of this problem I'm unable to join many hosts such as Graph) Lol, am I the only one here with NAT3?

Regards,

Nissx

Miney
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Don't hold me to this as i'm not 100% sure but i don't think the way to get NAT 2 on your PS3 is by disabling NAT altogether. I think you have to either DMZ the PS3 or forward the correct ports in order for the PS3 to bypass the NAT system itself.

As i said, don't hold me to it, perhaps wait for someone else to reply :supz:

CheekyChimpanzee
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
yeah, NAT type can also relate to the ISP you are with.

i.e. with internode i was always nat3 but with telstra i was nat2 instantly.

I do recommend forwarding all the relevant ports for the PS3 tho.

Oridin
10-01-2009, 07:47 PM
just set up DMZ and a static IP on your PS3. If your defaulted to Nat 3 dont worry about it, providing you can play games and use ya mic its not worth changing anything.

Miney
10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
He's right. If you can play fine with whatever NAT Type you have, don't worry about it. But as you say, you have been constantly dropping out and getting Connection Interrupted and whatnot so it is probably worth doing something.

I have played with NAT Type 1, 2 and 3 and neither seemed to make a hell of a lot of difference. This was on COD4 though :minigun:

tosegue
11-01-2009, 12:11 AM
I've got a hammer in my shed that might just fix it.

Nissx
11-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Oh Ok, I might just leave it then. Man, my whole internet system is just crap lol.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Nissx