PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh, some bad sh*t happening with my machine...

YNWA01
04-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Turned the black beauty on tonight for a*few games of COD and round of golf and goddamn it if something major isn't wrong...

A brief history... after taking an age signing in I then went to check my friends list to see who was online and it wouldn't appear. Yep, the whole list of 80 or so names just didn't load up. Soon after the error message box came up telling me that I my connection to the playstation network had failed and I got error code: 8002AD23. Now this hasn't just happened once, its been happening all night, over and over again. Its the first time I've had a problem like this, just a non stop failure to connect. Still having the same problem as we speak...

Here's what I have done using my very limited tech savvy brain to try and fix it:

- Rebooted the router about 4 times, each time leaving it idle for over 2 minutes

- Switched the PS3 on and off a lot

- Disabled media server sharing a few times as I read an old forum topic saying this was to blame (but in relation to an old firmware update long gone now)

- Sat here and typed this while feeling slightly sick that something horrible has happened and I'll need to do stuff with forwarding ports and DMZs in my router that I haven't got a fkn clue about despite looking at my router settings and all that sh*t for about 20 minutes to see if there was something obviously not right (there wasn't, plus its been fine since I got all the gear brand new in Jan this year without me meddling thus far)

- I have a Netgear DG834G v3 router hardwired via ethernet cable to my ps3

Only other issues to mention are:

- The ps3 has been going into fan turbodrive a bit recently with the warmer weather but only when playing COD4... not been that hot tho, so a bit of mystery?

- Playing yesterday I kept only having a few of all the people online playing COD show up in my in-game friends list, had to shut down completely before they would all load up properly

- Have been getting logged out of the PSN network a bit recently mid-game for no reason (net conenction been fine), only since the recent-ish firmware update, never used to happen before

- One last thing is that we have a reasonably bad weather here tonight (but nowhere near as bad as some nights) and my net connection does seem to drop out more in bad weather as I'm sure we have fault on out phone line that gets aggravated in windy conditions (not that Telstra or iinet will do anything about this). However, normally my net drops out a lot if that happens but its been fine, hence me being online and typing this post

Well, not sure if anyone can shed any light on this having had a similar problem with their connection (that they fixed)? I really hope you can. Having trawled a few sites the responses and solutions are varied and typically confusing, which is a worry too. Otherwise I'm just posting this as a means of getting my considerable frustration "out there" (and after a shocking day to work too...).

Say a quick *:prayer: *for me fellas *I have a bad feeling about this one... had to fkn happen with WAW just around the corner too didn't it... fark, fark, fark, fark, fark... sleepless night ahead for me. * :laststand:

kobeson
04-11-2008, 12:33 AM
I have had this happen once or twice, and it fixed itself...

all it sounds like is problems with your ISP I reckon - how are your computer(s) that are connected to the net?

I wouldn't panic too much mate, I'm sure this isn't a major problem and will be fine sooner or later, but I have no technical advice other than to check with your ISP maybe...

SmajsII
04-11-2008, 01:00 AM
2.50 has major issues mate,my PS3 has reformatted twice,just hope 2.51 releases before W@W.

YNWA01
04-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Jnr. also puked on the rug right about where I normally sit when I playing my PS3 earlier on today. Some awful smells are not helping me deal with my connection issues... but wait, its been logged in for about 10 mins non stop now, still no names list (oh gawd, don't say I've lost you all...LOL) but no logging out. Hello. Is this a good news? Might try a quick HC S&D to see if its working again.

Update to follow in the morning... I didn't sound at all scared in first post did i? LOL HAHHAHAHHAHA. Cares more about his PS3 than his missus, etc, etc...

Tank1252
04-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't worry too much YN, i've had similar issues before. They've always sorted themselves next day. I'm 99% sure there's nothing wrong with yr ps3 (had a quick google search too & that brought up nothing, so think you'll be ok). Keep us updated.

dutch47
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
YNAW do a google search on this error it happens to me on the odd occasion form what the net told me it's like your chache needs to be refreshed/wiped so what you do TURN the PS3 off at the back un plug the switch FROM The PS3 leave it for about half hour then come back and all should be right thats what i do and it works.

YNWA01
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the words of reassurance fellas. Ironically I couldn't check this morning as my net connection was screwed by some bad weather we are having.

On that issue I really need iinet to look at why this keeps happening (via Telstra for line quality test I guess), but when I've mentioned it before they have pretty much brushed it off as nonsense, the fkrs!!! *I'm gonna call them again and push them on it. Fingers crossed when I get home tonight it'll be fine, if not I'll try you suggestion Dutchy.

Miney
04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah the same thing has happened to me before mate. It seems like there is simply nothing you can do at the time. And i think that's pretty much where you're at. Lol.

But yeah, it should fix itself mate.

And i have been having the same problem (well not 'problem') with my fans. Even though the weather hasn't been overly hot, they have been kicking in and out every now and then. However, the way i see it, it's nothing to worry about. That's the reason the fans are there, to cool down the system. And by hearing them, that just means they are doing their job.

At least that's the positive way i attempt to look at it.........Lol.

Hope all is well now mate. Catch ya on tonight with a bit of luck ;)

Tank1252
04-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Fixed? Or Fuxed?

YNWA01
04-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Overall positive in that it works again, logged in fine, could play games, host etc BUT, not completely smooth either, some similar issues still, being...

1 - fan kicked in big time during an AUF game despite it being pretty cool tonight here

2 - couldn't use the XMB while in-game, just wouldn't respond at all

3 - shut it down and when it rebooted my friends list was gone again, but I didn't get signed out this time (WTF???)

4 - after hosting an epic HC S&D on Pipeline (AK-Wolf was there & Chimpen??) it froze in the post game lobby and I have just had to reboot again!

Will turn it all off and remove power tonight as suggested by Dutchy. I never had these problems before the latest firmware update though...

Oh, and I spoke to iinet, they have downgraded my service speed to help with stability (said it wouldn't be obvious when gaming and using the net) , BUT they have promised to send a tech out if I get more outages when the weather is bad.

Miney
05-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Overall positive in that it works again, logged in fine, could play games, host etc BUT, not completely smooth either, some similar issues still, being...

1 - fan kicked in big time during an AUF game despite it being pretty cool tonight here

2 - couldn't use the XMB while in-game, just wouldn't respond at all

3 - shut it down and when it rebooted my friends list was gone again, but I didn't get signed out this time (WTF???)

4 - after hosting an epic HC S&D on Pipeline (AK-Wolf was there & Chimpen??) it froze in the post game lobby and I have just had to reboot again!

Will turn it all off and remove power tonight as suggested by Dutchy. I never had these problems before the latest firmware update though...

Oh, and I spoke to iinet, they have downgraded my service speed to help with stability (said it wouldn't be obvious when gaming and using the net) , BUT they have promised to send a tech out if I get more outages when the weather is bad.

Sounds like it is barely playable. Lol.

First of all, i have had a few problems with using the In-Game XMB as well...At times mine simply doesn't function either. Quite screwed.

Secondly, regarding your No. 4 and your PS3 locking up after the game finished while you were hosting, the same thing happens to me after EVERY game. However, i usually just leave it and sometimes it responds, sometimes it doesn't.

Looks like we are in much the same position at the moment mate. I just hope that mine isn't heading more your way. Lol.

Cheers,
Minester *:supz: